Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fall down 7 times. Stand up 8!

Ok so today I just went to dr found I have white cells and blood in urine which could explain as to why my back has been hurting . The real kicker is I have been having a rough time getting 64 ounces of Fluid and now I have only lost 3 more lbs . Yes it's 3 closer to my goal weight but discouraging that it's only 3 lbs . Any suggestions to me to continue ?

vmt, there are going to be slow losses and with you possibly having a urinary tract or kidney (or bladder) infection, that will have an effect on your overall well being and weight loss.

Get yourself well. The weight loss will pick back up. Remember, I have weeks of no weight loss then lose 5lbs in 3 days.

Everyone gets discouraged. You are not alone. Take care of yourself. And just keep on keep in on!

Just checking in.

My weight is holding at 170lbs. If I never lost another pound, I could live with that, but expect more weight loss will come. The rapid weight loss part may have ended.

The cool weather is merciless on me this autumn. The changes that you never consider always amuse me. This time last year, my core temperature was NEVER an issue. My frugality and weight made it possible to function in 50° weather without a jacket and no need for the furnace until the last minute...not this year. I am tempted to turn the furnace on, but will try to hold out. My electric heater is getting a workout right now.

Hair loss is/seems normal, or back to normal.

The burning fist feeling in my stomach is gone for now. I diligently take medicine for that now and should have taken it faithfully as directed the first 6 months of surgery.

I find that I can tolerate a bite or two of anything and feel fortunate for that. So far, I have no obvious tolerance issues so long as I go easy and light.

vmt, I hope you are doing well.

My next appointment with blood work is Dec. 12th. I am now doing monthly Vitamin B injections instead of a daily sublinguals...seems to be more convenient and less maintenance.

My best to all!!

Hi Jamie. I am a little familiar with Dr. Tabone...just received my letter that Dr. Quinlin is retiring.

I feel you will be in excellent hands and of all hospitals, one of excellence.

Congratulations!

Have you started nutrition classes with Sarah or is she moving on too?

If you have any questions or need anything, let me know.

My newest pain: the lack of butt cushion has left my tailbone protruding...like what feels like out of my skin. Sometimes it's only bothersome, but other times, it's ALMOST intolerable. It's like a pressure sore. I've had to wear a small mini pad between what is left of my buttcrack. lol.

Sorry, but it's true. These are the things you don't expect.

Holding steady at 170lbs with small fluctuations.

The rate at which I have gone through sizes is nothing short of shocking. I have found many give always, food pantries, salvation army and goodwill to stay clothed. My mind barely allows me to choose the L or XL, but that is what I need.

This week, I had my first entire piece of long john's chicken. I wasn't proud and was only slightly miserable, but it was good--very very salty with my refined palate. But it's generally Soups, milk, cottage cheese, Cajun salmon, chicken salad. Correct portion size is so much more obvious to me now that I look back.

It's been a quite the process...but OHHH, so worth it!

Kookichu

Hi

It has been a while since checking in on 11/7 I will be 3 months out . Once started at 267 at surgery 250 now 202 . I was size 22/24 , 3 & 4xl shirts now 16 , and xl shirts what an amazing feeling . I can relate to your tailbone issue omg it can be quiet painful at times . I seem to have more energy now then prior to surgery . I am slowly able to tolerate more the only thing I'm having issues with is beef . I can eat it if smothered in gravy but otherwise it just stick regardless of how much I chew . My liquids are main issue I always have bottle of Water but to drink it in an hour still is hard for me . I return to Dr . On 11/18 I am pretty happy with my loss so far . I was at a standstill for about 3 weeks . It finally went from 214 down to 202 so glad that is back on its way to weightless . I'm going to much hanging skin but my benefits are far better . Take care I will keep you updated after appointment .

vmt, 202lbs, smaller clothes, energy...way to go!! Yes, keep me updated after your appointment on the 18th.

My energy level is less than it has been...it was on fire between surgery and the middle of September. Lately, noticing quite more fatigue than I want.

Staying hydrated is also more difficult as time goes on. I guess what I mean is my focus post surgery was me, Water, nutrition (forced or otherwise) and as time slips by, the focus changes. I always have Water with me and drink it, but I am probably not drinking enough...it's not easy. In the same way that I look around at what other's are eating and wonder how did I used to be able to eat a mindless amount, I look at my water drinking friends finish a bottle in less than 30 minutes while mine is 4 drinks gone IF it's a good day...

so it is.

I have hanging skin, expected worse but it's not great either.

It's okay...I weighed that consequence before surgery.

You take care, too!!

Just a quick check in.

Life is good.

I have been around 150lbs and maintaining give or take a few pounds since early December. I never expected to lose that much in one year.

I am wearing a size 12 jean comfortably. The Salvation Army, food pantries, Goodwill and hand-me-downs have been real blessings as I go through sizes so quickly. Shoe size has changed from a 11 to 9 even.

My hair is long and has definitely become thinner. I have no obvious bald spots but washing my hair is like walking through cob webs so, soon, I plan to go to a cut that suits my situation better.

This is me and my boyfriend (friend of 25 years, as well).

post-202328-14206636514738_thumb.jpg

the results are in from one year post-op bloodwork...all is well except for Vitamin A and Vitamin K. I am to take over the counter Vitamin A (5 pills of 5000IU) every day for 20 days and have a script of potassium chloride which must aid the Vitamin K issue but that liquid has quite a putrid taste...simply horrid. I don't know how to stomach that for three weeks.

Yesterday when I updated, I forgot to mention a post op issue that never occurred to me during the pre-op thought process of what would change.

challenge: shaving armpits effectively now that i have a concave armpit...even my pits have changed. :P

Jamie and vmt, how are things going for you?

Jamie, I thought of you when I was at Ruby for my yearly check up. Dr. Tabone was running an hour behind. I figured I would see him since Dr. Quinlin retired, but I saw a physicians assistant. I loved Ruby's program and team, but wish they gave out cards stating we are WLS patients so at restaurants, we could pay for a children's portion. I am too frugal to dine out often, but when I do, I would like to freely have that option (especially buffet type establishments).

You all take care. Check in when you can.

Congrats on your choice not being healthy, and thank you for sharing , I didn't realize how big I had gotten either until I saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe it was me, the last wake up call that occurred a week after is when I injury my knee and couldn't hold my own weight up, then I knee weight lost surgury was for me. I'm do glad I did it and I'm never looking back . Keep us posted on your progress.