Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fall down 7 times. Stand up 8!

Before and today. I may not look happy, but I certainly am...when I smile, I squint and look high. Today, I am high on being healthier and into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 4 years!![/quote

You Go Girl!!! Looking Great, Congrats!!!

Picture from today through mom's vision:

post-202328-0-68920900-1400980989_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44811[/ATTACH]

Today:

224lbs and out enjoying basket bingo with my mom and aunts.

post-202328-0-95824100-1401054504_thumb.png

Edited by Kookichu

It's been a while since I've updated.

In June, my rapid weight loss slowed down as I stayed between 208lbs and 210lbs. Yesterday, I saw 205lbs! That is 105lbs gone since January and 139lbs since last July.

I feel fantastic except for occasional bouts of being light headed. My hair loss is better, thankfully. And I am experiencing real hunger again...not ravenous hunger but twinges of real hunger.

I wore a dress last weekend and that felt so liberating. It's strange to feel pretty and comfortable. Now that I can cross my legs when I sit, that's how I sit.

Life is beautiful.

post-202328-0-21265100-1405004770_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46234[/ATTACH]

Edited by Kookichu

Amazing! Great job!

Hi fellow losers.

I hope life for everyone who follows is falling into the new and, comfortable, norm.

Seven months out and things are going well. I am at 180lbs. That's 130lbs since surgery in January and 154lbs total.

Life has changed so quickly...for both good and bad. A solid relationship seems to be blossoming. The ever cautious me has been true to myself and my health, but this kizmet seems to have set in and I am enjoying the company of a 25yr old friend in a new light.

Job changes have occurred. I am much happier now and am looking into school again...just looking but I am a determined woman.

As for eating, it's still a challenge some days. Some days are excellent. But I am always diligent. Hydration, Protein, exercise, nature and enjoy the newfound zest for living have become priorities in my life.

post-202328-14089824135545_thumb.jpg

Loved reading about your journey!!! I am still waiting for a surgery date but have found great comfort/peace of mind in reading your posts. I started at 274. Have lost 32 and have main yes that for 3 months. I stumbled upon this app for my phone and am addicted! I come here to read about everyone's journey when I am tempted to fall back into old eating habits. Thank you for sharing!

Wow I just sat here reading your journey . What an amazing inspiration . I am two weeks post op and it is still a struggle getting my pills in . I have a burning sensation continually no matter whether I am drinking or eating . I have been moved from full liquids to puréed however I prefer to chew several times as you did . I started my journey in May 2014 at 267 . Surgery was aug 7 and weighed 251 . One week post op I was down to 233 . I return to dr on Sept 2 hoping for a good outcome . I feel great I just wish I could get rid of this burning sensation. It truly is a killer . I too have had many say this is the easy way out . I can not have negativity in my life . This is not about becoming thin however it is a benefit . I did this to become healthier and to see my children grow up and enjoy life . Thank you again for sharing your story .

Loved reading about your journey!!! I am still waiting for a surgery date but have found great comfort/peace of mind in reading your posts. I started at 274. Have lost 32 and have main yes that for 3 months. I stumbled upon this app for my phone and am addicted! I come here to read about everyone's journey when I am tempted to fall back into old eating habits. Thank you for sharing!

hopetochangemylife, glad you are finding comfort and peace through reading the accounts of others. Congratulations on the 32lbs you have already lost!!

I am 8 months out and still face temptation of old eating habits. It gets easier, but it is always there. There are days my mind insists that it wants an entire pizza the way "it used to be" or I have found myself thinking "if I could just eat for one hour like I used to be able to..."

but, I will not and not only because I physically can't.

I am down to 180lbs. My butt is bony. I do have some loose skin but not so much that I am in psychological crisis. The best days are when I eat lightly and frequently. There are days where I cannot eat much (it all depends on bowel movements which are either full on or completely not). When feeling backed up, there literally becomes no room for more nutrition.

The up side is normal blood pressure, normal pulse, normal glucose, down to only taking thyroid medicine and prilosec (and necessary Vitamins and such), walking without misery, less need for sleep, shopping for clothes anywhere and everywhere, second glances...

NO regrets. May you find all the strength, hope, and inspiration you need to make it to where you want to be.

Whatever it takes!

Wow I just sat here reading your journey . What an amazing inspiration . I am two weeks post op and it is still a struggle getting my pills in . I have a burning sensation continually no matter whether I am drinking or eating . I have been moved from full liquids to puréed however I prefer to chew several times as you did . I started my journey in May 2014 at 267 . Surgery was aug 7 and weighed 251 . One week post op I was down to 233 . I return to dr on Sept 2 hoping for a good outcome . I feel great I just wish I could get rid of this burning sensation. It truly is a killer . I too have had many say this is the easy way out . I can not have negativity in my life . This is not about becoming thin however it is a benefit . I did this to become healthier and to see my children grow up and enjoy life . Thank you again for sharing your story .

vmt, there is no easy way out of obesity. For me, it was do or die. No doctor ever said it like that but I knew it. And no, you cannot let negativity in. There is always going to be someone along the way who has an opinion (that should be kept unspoken). You aren't a passenger, you are the driver!

Congratulations on your successful surgery and weight loss thus far!! Awesome.

In the beginning, I did not have any problems with my pills or with my stomach burning. In the past two months, I DO have what feels like a burning fist in my stomach. I will mention it during my follow up but will confess that I quit taking my prescribed Prilosec for about 3 months which was probably the first mistake. Second mistake, I do sip soda on occasion now and that also seems to aggravate it.

I don't know if our burning is the same but I feel for you...not pleasant whatsoever. Let me know how your visit goes on Sept 2.

Best of luck to you, keep up the good work, and also keep me updated.

And thank you for sharing your story with me.

Kookichu, I truly enjoyed reading tonight the diary of your journey thus far.

You are lovely, in and out. I wish the best for you in your new life.

Ann

Kookichu

I hope all is going well in this amazing journey we are in . Today I had my visit and I was in complete awe . Thinking these past couple weeks I haven't lost a thing . Due to insurance I only needed three months to prepare myself . So I started my journey may 5 and had surgery Aug 7 like I said prior to you . Before surgery lost 16 lbs and it was such a struggle . One week post -op I lost 18 lbs and today two weeks later so five days shy of one month out . I lost 13 lbs. Total on this journey I have lost 47 lbs . Unbelievable I feel amazing . Dr.said today one more month of the Pepcid and then off . That's four meds I have stopped without trouble . It was rough at first with pain burning and all but nothing compares to the pure satisfaction as what I have experienced in just 4 short months . So well worth it and to top it off . I get to start soft foods . I am excited can you tell . So thankful to have responded to your post . Keep up the great work and glad we have corresponded . At 44 I feel the best I have ever felt in 22 plus years . Let the journey and adventure continue .

VSGAnn, so happy that you are enjoying my diary...relieved, actually. Thank you!

Amazing results vmt. Way to go!! How are soft foods feeling?

I also feel better than I have felt in many years, if ever. And at 41!

Being off meds is also a victory I understand. And I am so proud of you.

This morning I weighed 174lbs. I am wearing size 18 jeans though a size 16 might fit. My shirts are all loose and I need to buy a few that actually fit.

Seven months out and I still prefer to eat softer foods. Ice Water never leaves my clutches.

I examined my skin today and yeah, there are a few issues. My butt has disappeared! Ha. It's hiding out with my boobs probably. I just remind myself of how great I feel and that I look smashing in clothes. If that's the most of my trouble then I am a lucky woman.

Keep up the good work!!

Soft foods seem to be working ok . I am however having some issues with low back pain I'm thinking possible bladder kidney stones which I have had in the past I'm hoping not . They say trust "your gut" mine says stones . This is not what I need at this point . I'm having a hard time distinguishing fullness . I get pain between my shoulder blades not into my chest so I am just going with that . I am not wanting to "dump". Other than these couple issues and stress things are looking up . Just right now it's very hard not to allow the stress to take over !! I was an emotional eater before surgery and so this is the true test and so far I have am "A" . So please keep me in your prayers that I remain strong and get through this bumpy ride . I never said it was going to be easy as others think . I'm just asking for continued strength because I can do this !