Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

Hi there,

Location: Bangor, Maine had a revision surgery from band to bypass on 8/1/13

HW: 264

SW: 236

CW: 170

GW: 130

Edited by Emeree

Today makes 2 months since I had RNY surgery (11/18/13) and I have not weighed myself in few weeks. Well not so good news, at my 1 month weigh-in I was down -16.6lbs and today I am down -20.6lbs total. That's only a 4lb lose in a month!!! Well I know that I hadn't exercised in the past month and I just started a few days ago. Frustrating but fixable!!! So the only thing to do is to keep on the path and focus on Water, nutrition and exercise. At least the scale is moving in the right direction!!!

Edited by mzheatherp

Today makes 2 months since I had RNY surgery (11/18/13) and I have not weighed myself in few weeks. Well not so good news, at my 1 month weigh-in I was down -16.6lbs and today I am down -20.6lbs total. That's only a 4lb lose in a month!!! Well I know that I hadn't exercised in the past month and I just started a few days ago. Frustrating but fixable!!! So the only thing to do is to keep on the path and focus on Water, nutrition and exercise. At least the scale is moving in the right direction!!!

It will move (the scale). In my monthly RNY support group, the nurse, told us to weigh ourselves everyday, because if u don't, you could easily fall off track as it pertains to intake of water and protein...I did it and it helped me. But what I found out, many folks doesn't like this idea.

It definitely is frustrating when the scale doesn't move as quickly as we would like. Just continue to get your required Protein in and your Water and you will see the numbers drop. I was told Protein and water intake are the keys to success. In regards to weighing I weigh everyday. I find it keeps me in line. I made a chart when I had the surgery and I log my weight once a week. I will do that for the first year. I am 9 months post op and having my weight history from the day I had surgery is very helpful as I can see my trends. I also use myfitness pal and log my food intake daily. I started that my first week also and my main reason in tracking is to keep track of my protein intake, and check sugar content and carbs. I've noticed as long as I keep my protein high, get my water in and limit carbs to under 60 a day the scale moves. I am exercising most weeks and started a 5k training program when I was 2 months post up. I completed the training program in September and since then have run 9 races. I think that has helped me too!

Just keep following your plan, add your exercise and check you weight at least once a week so you can tweek your program if need to and you will be shocked at your numbers!

I am excited and a little nervous, this week I have all of my appointments except my sleep study. (EGD, the start of my 1 month nutritional visit, Psych eval) I am getting closer. I found out that the surgeon can remove my gallbladder during the RNY procedure. I will keep you posted :)

cookie 224.... I bounce up and down periodically.... but I'm finding that pretty normal with my fellow losers

Hello. I am scheduled to have RNY on February 24, 2014!

Good Morning Ladies, well today I go for my 6 month check up (although it's really 7months), I'm kind of excited to hear what the doc has to say. I will also have blood worked up today, to make sure my body is getting nutrients it needs. And I must speak to the nutritionist, I've got questions, lol. I'm 8lbs from my doc goal weight and 13 lbs away from my personal goal of 135.

Good Morning Ladies, well today I go for my 6 month check up (although it's really 7months), I'm kind of excited to hear what the doc has to say. I will also have blood worked up today, to make sure my body is getting nutrients it needs. And I must speak to the nutritionist, I've got questions, lol. I'm 8lbs from my doc goal weight and 13 lbs away from my personal goal of 135.

Wow, how exciting! You are so close to goal! Good luck at the appointment hope all your labs come back great!

Hello. I am scheduled to have RNY on February 24, 2014!

That's my birthday! Congrats!

Hey Sweets,

Hey Sweets,

My name is Lisa. I am 13 days post-op RNY and am doing exceptionally well. I want to congratulate you on your surgery date of 2-24. I was also over 400 lbs pre-op. Although I had satisfied my bariatric team by losing the 5% total body weight required, I set a personal goal to not be in the 400's on the the day of surgery. Let me tell you how good God is especially when we do our part. On the day of surgery Jan 10th 2014 I weighed 399.7 lbs, I was so happy I didn't know what to do. :D :D :D

I have my very first post-op appointments with my Nurse Practitioner and Dietitian tomorrow Jan 23. I know I've lost weight :D the question is wonder how much?

I want you to know that God is sho' nuff good. ALL THE TIME!! You are gonna come through this a champion. God wants that beautiful temple he gave you strong and healthy. When we do our part God provides the rest. I don't believe in luck but I do believe in blessings. So...........

BLESSINGS TO YOU SWEETS,

Lisa

Wow, how exciting! You are so close to goal! Good luck at the appointment hope all your labs come back great!

Thank you. My appointment went well, BMI now 26.6, I came from almost 40 BMI, yay!! I get my lab results tomorrow.

Hey Sweets, Hey Sweets, My name is Lisa. I am 13 days post-op RNY and am doing exceptionally well. I want to congratulate you on your surgery date of 2-24. I was also over 400 lbs pre-op. Although I had satisfied my bariatric team by losing the 5% total body weight required, I set a personal goal to not be in the 400's on the the day of surgery. Let me tell you how good God is especially when we do our part. On the day of surgery Jan 10th 2014 I weighed 399.7 lbs, I was so happy I didn't know what to do. :D:D:D I have my very first post-op appointments with my Nurse Practitioner and Dietitian tomorrow Jan 23. I know I've lost weight :D the question is wonder how much? I want you to know that God is sho' nuff good. ALL THE TIME!! You are gonna come through this a champion. God wants that beautiful temple he gave you strong and healthy. When we do our part God provides the rest. I don't believe in luck but I do believe in blessings. So........... BLESSINGS TO YOU SWEETS, Lisa

Amen...

Way to Go! Congratulations!