Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

On 7/18/2019 at 11:34 AM, Mrs. Hayes said:

Hello I had my gastric bypass 3/23/19 I've lost 57lbs since surgery. Any of my sisters in Southern California? I need peers who understand what goes along with this surgery.

You might like the group Black Girls Get Sleeved Too on FB. I have a cousin in SoCal that's in that group. Of course it's open to bw who have had Gastric Bypass as well...i'm in it :).

Edited by TheJuice202

10 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

Why do certain people do this whenever people of color particularly black folks come together? You couldn't help yourself. Do not "all lives matter" this thread.
Us wanting to bond with each OTHER does not mean we don't want to bond with everyone else.

That part!!

I'm 5 months out from GB and I've lost 65lbs. But I have been stalled for 3 weeks! I take in 900 to 950 calories a day get all my Protein in and drink at least 100 ounces Water per day. I've tried walking more miles during the week. Someone I need help, words of advice, ANYTHING. I'm really feeling a certain type of way right now HELP!

14 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

I've never heard of a hotgeat tank top or a hotgear wrap belt untl now. How have those been helping you since you got them?

I've slowly gotten back into the gym. I was cleared to finally be able to work on my core but ever so gently.

I'll see how that goes starting this weekend. I've been only doing treadmill and stairs but that will change this Friday (and Sunday) :).

It helps you to really build up more of a sweat when your really putting in a workout, or just out walking, shopping, doing laundry. So that even the most menial of daily tasks you do, you can sweat or perspire out more. Wish you lots of success in all you're doing. Eventually I want to buy their shorts. My thighs & stomach will be served better with it. My toughest areas in working out & weight loss. Ugh. lol. Remember, it's not speed, but consistency that helps make the differences. Hugs. :)

4 hours ago, shelley6365 said:

What I SW?

Depending on how its used, in these forums it can mean 1. Starting Weight or 2. Surgery (Day) Weight pre-op. Hope that helps unless someone else has another WLS meaning for "SW". Cheers & best of luck on your journey.

16 hours ago, Mrs. Hayes said:

I'm 5 months out from GB and I've lost 65lbs. But I have been stalled for 3 weeks! I take in 900 to 950 calories a day get all my Protein in and drink at least 100 ounces Water per day. I've tried walking more miles during the week. Someone I need help, words of advice, ANYTHING. I'm really feeling a certain type of way right now HELP!

Dare I say not enough calories might be the problem.

I stalled almost 2 weeks. I read that not enough calories even though you're getting your Protein and Water can stall things. Right now I keep between 1200-1500 calories.
ANOTHER thing .... sodium intake. I noticed that some of the things I ate which were technically low-calorie had a bit too much salt. I'm back to losing...slowly but surely.

Edited by TheJuice202

13 hours ago, CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS said:

It helps you to really build up more of a sweat when your really putting in a workout, or just out walking, shopping, doing laundry. So that even the most menial of daily tasks you do, you can sweat or perspire out more. Wish you lots of success in all you're doing. Eventually I want to buy their shorts. My thighs & stomach will be served better with it. My toughest areas in working out & weight loss. Ugh. lol. Remember, it's not speed, but consistency that helps make the differences. Hugs. :)

What brand do you have/use? I see so many varieties on Amazon....i'm afraid to get the wrong one.

I definitely want the belt and the shorts. And you're absolutely right it's about the consistency. :)

10 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

What brand do you have/use? I see so many varieties on Amazon....i'm afraid to get the wrong one.

I definitely want the belt and the shorts. And you're absolutely right it's about the consistency. :)

Don't know if you're on FB or INSTAGRAM, but that's how I learned about them. The brand I currently use is GOTYGOTY (stands for Girl Of The Year).

Their site is:

http://gotygotyplus.com

There's another that one day I'd like to test run called BodyFix (also on IG) & their site is:

www.shopthebodyfix.com

Both companies show pics & videos of men & women (mostly gals) wearing/ using their gear! 😊👍 Btw, if/ when you purchase & wear these garments, wear a tee shirt or tank top under it and their arm bands; thin material leggings under their shorts/capris. Not just to see how much of a sweat you worked up & it keeps you motivated. But also you don't want the garment's underside against your skin. I'm VERY sensitive & break out almost from anything. I found that out. 😥😖

Also, these hotgear items need to be HAND WASHED & DRIP DRY. Machine wash and dry on any light cycle can damage the materials within the fabric's fibers that help you to pull that perspiration from your body. They go into detail on their sites.

Toodles.

Check 'em out if you wish. Yeah, that's my pics below. Cheers & all the best. I tried to post screenshots, but had trouble. Oh well

111033463_2019-06-0315_04_28.thumb.jpg.664715631eccc7209a5d33a4d3d7074f.jpg 956726447_2019-06-0315_06_36.thumb.jpg.bfc0cabef38eff05002bb23ffe8c466c.jpg 1000358511_2019-06-0315_06_51.thumb.jpg.7382e6b738be77cbbb1f72f3efc2831d.jpg

Edited by CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS
Extra info.

15 hours ago, TheJuice202 said:

Dare I say not enough calories might be the problem.

I stalled almost 2 weeks. I read that not enough calories even though you're getting your Protein and Water can stall things. Right now I keep between 1200-1500 calories.
ANOTHER thing .... sodium intake. I noticed that some of the things I ate which were technically low-calorie had a bit too much salt. I'm back to losing...slowly but surely.

Thankyou!

Why do certain people do this whenever people of color particularly black folks come together? You couldn't help yourself. Do not "all lives matter" this thread.
Us wanting to bond with each OTHER does not mean we don't want to bond with everyone else.
Exactly ALL lives matter all together no matter what race.... Say what u wanna say and I will too...

Sent from my LG-M150 using BariatricPal mobile app

On at , BlueEyedAngel28 said:

We r all sisters I dont know why skin color is on everyones mind.

Sent from my LG-M150 using BariatricPal mobile app

For the same reason there are threads for surgery months, men's section, women's section, types of surgery etc. Because peeps like to bond over what connects them. It's not a hard concept.

When someone of another race goes into a thread named "African American RNY Sisters and pulls an old thread to comment on, their purpose is to cause confusion.