Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

Hey Ladies I have not had my surgery yet. I am on my 2nd of 3 nutritional visits and then hopefully I will be getting a surgery date. I look forward to chatting with you all as the time S LO W L Y goes by. The stories in this forum are amazing a well as informational.

The time will fly by once you get a date, but until then, keep doing your research, research, research...

Good Morning. Today is surgery day!! I should be asleep but made the mistake of taking a nap earlier lol. Family and friends are more nervous than I am. I'm ready. I feel with everything in me, that this is the best thing for me.

Good Morning. Today is surgery day!! I should be asleep but made the mistake of taking a nap earlier lol. Family and friends are more nervous than I am. I'm ready. I feel with everything in me, that this is the best thing for me.

Good luck today Beautyincurls! This is the beginning of an amazing life changing journey! Excited for you!

Good luck, I know you came out with flying colors, keep us posted.

Congrats. How r u feeling,?

What do you ladies typically eat/calories per day. I am expected to lose slow (because of revision). I exercise 3-4 days a week but my weight loss is REALLY slow. Only 39 lbs since surgery date of 10/10/13. Currently I eat roughly 1000-1200 calories a day. Seems like it will take forever to lose these last 40 lbs or maybe I'm just being impatient. Please help.

What do you ladies typically eat/calories per day. I am expected to lose slow (because of revision). I exercise 3-4 days a week but my weight loss is REALLY slow. Only 39 lbs since surgery date of 10/10/13. Currently I eat roughly 1000-1200 calories a day. Seems like it will take forever to lose these last 40 lbs or maybe I'm just being impatient. Please help.

sounds like you are losing at a good rate. What was your starting weight?

In regards to your question I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and eat fruits for Snacks twice a day and baked chicken or fish with veges the remaining two meals or I will have another Protein shake and one meal a day. I get minimum 48 oz of Water but aim for 64oz and no less than 60 grams of protein but typically get 70-100 a day. I work out minimum 4 days a week. I eat around 1200 calories a day.

I was 243 the day of my revision. After reading your reply, I am not drinking enough Water and getting all my Protein in on a daily basis. I will need to incorporate those two things as best as I can. Thank you so much for your input.

It is a real daily struggle for me, but I just this past few weeks am now able to get in 48-60 grams of Protein and 48-53 ounces of liquids. I do still get at least a day or two every week, where I fall short due to stomach pain. I have been struggling with more pronounced food sensitivities since the surgery. And if you add having a stressful or upsetting day... forget about it. My lil stomach has a tantrum! But just keep plugging away at it. Every day is a new day to strive for your goals!

Slow loser here

h 5"

sw 299

cw 215

surgery 3/19/13

gw 150

It is a real daily struggle for me, but I just this past few weeks am now able to get in 48-60 grams of Protein and 48-53 ounces of liquids. I do still get at least a day or two every week, where I fall short due to stomach pain. I have been struggling with more pronounced food sensitivities since the surgery. And if you add having a stressful or upsetting day... forget about it. My lil stomach has a tantrum! But just keep plugging away at it. Every day is a new day to strive for your goals!

I can so relate to the stress thing-if anything gets on my nerves even a little my stomach will shut down-this was definitely not the case before surgery

Good luck today Beautyincurls! This is the beginning of an amazing life changing journey! Excited for you!

Thanks. I was out the past couple of days. Didn't do well with the pain. I'm up at home walking around. Can't wait to get the drain taken out! Im excited about starting this journey!!

Good luck, I know you came out with flying colors, keep us posted.

Thanks!! Surgery went well. Trying to deal with this pain is another thing. But I'm ready to change my life. Hopefully in the next few days I wont feel any pain.

Congrats. How r u feeling,?

Thanks. Feeling fine for the most part. Trying to walk as much as I can around the house. Trying to remember to drink slowly.

Hi new to the site I use to be on RNY Talk

Surgery date: 3/19/13

In Indianapolis, IN

Hw: 390

Sw: 376

Cw: 242.2

Goal: Md's 150, mine 170-180

Having a hard time losing the last 65 lbs. It is falling off slowly now. I'm losing more inches than weight.