Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenty two thousand dollars

I had a plastics consult today. I like her. I trust her. She spent a lot of time with me. It was a informative meeting.

Oh man! Lower body lift, breast lift and augmentation. One night in surgical center. Holy smokes. I have a lot to process.

She told me not to lose anymore weight. I agree with her. She believes I will really like my results if I stop now. She also just thinks I don't have any more to lose. That's just weird. But I get it. She said WLS patients have a hard time because until the skin is removed we still see ourselves as fat. I don't unite feel fat. Lol. I feel that my body looks like I'm 85.

Wow that's alot of money.

My surgeon told me all the same things. Except of course I was only getting a TT so it was $12000. The thing is, it may as well have been $50000 cause I didn't have it. But I found a way and you know what? It was worth it. I've spent more money on stuff that would not be with me near as long, or make me near as happy with myself. The surgery finally allowed the outside to match the inside...allowed me to see the results of all my hard work. I would do it again everytime.

I had a plastics consult today. I like her. I trust her. She spent a lot of time with me. It was a informative meeting.

Oh man! Lower body lift, breast lift and augmentation. One night in surgical center. Holy smokes. I have a lot to process.

She told me not to lose anymore weight. I agree with her. She believes I will really like my results if I stop now. She also just thinks I don't have any more to lose. That's just weird. But I get it. She said WLS patients have a hard time because until the skin is removed we still see ourselves as fat. I don't unite feel fat. Lol. I feel that my body looks like I'm 85.

You might get some more quotes. A girlfriend of mine had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and augmentation, and a rejuvenation of her lower girly bits all for $15,000 from a respected surgeon in a prestigious area of the DFW metroplex. Maybe there's more competition here and that lowers the price? Not sure. I'm a long way off from that process personally. Best of luck!

It breaks down like this:

Circumferential abdominosplasty: 9700.

Breast aug: 3390.

Mastopexy: 4500.

She's also lifting the pubic area.

So 18500. surgeon fees.

The rest are 1500 for silicone, facility fees and anesthesia fees.

She is competitive for this area and her expertise with massive weight loss.

That's really what I run into. Expertise/experience with circumferential after massive weight loss.

It's a huge investment. I like what Butter said about the inside matching the outside. Not to mention the ways this flap gets in my way when I'm training or slaps around when I'm dancing.

Based on consults i did - that is a good price. I think it is really important to feel confident in the surgeons resulst though - no matter what the price it won't be worth it if the results are disappointing.

I cannot believe how much US docs charge for plastics! What she has quoted you on is nothing more than what my surgeon in Mexico calls the Mommy Makeover...which he charges not quite $8,000 for which includes EVERYTHING except airfare. But, I understand not everyone wants to go to Mexico which I a shame as my surgeon is excellent. Just think, 22,000 minus 8,000 is 14,000. That's a LOT of money to have left over for new clothes.

I cannot believe how much US docs charge for plastics! What she has quoted you on is nothing more than what my surgeon in Mexico calls the Mommy Makeover...which he charges not quite $8,000 for which includes EVERYTHING except airfare. But, I understand not everyone wants to go to Mexico which I a shame as my surgeon is excellent. Just think, 22,000 minus 8,000 is 14,000. That's a LOT of money to have left over for new clothes.

Can I get your Doc's name?

I had excellent results also for a lot less with Dr Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana, MX. However, cost should not be the #1 determining factor in choosing a plastic surgeon. Research is important very before making a final decision.

You might get some more quotes. A girlfriend of mine had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and augmentation, and a rejuvenation of her lower girly bits all for $15,000 from a respected surgeon in a prestigious area of the DFW metroplex. Maybe there's more competition here and that lowers the price? Not sure. I'm a long way off from that process personally. Best of luck!

Who is the surgeon? I live in the DFW area.

I'm starting to think about getting a breast lift & augmentation and a TT or lower body lift. How far out are you all from your wls and how long have you been at goal?

I'm starting to think about getting a breast lift & augmentation and a TT or lower body lift. How far out are you all from your wls and how long have you been at goal?

I was sleeved July 2012. Forty pounds ago I past the surgeon's goal. I just said my body will decide. I follow the rules. I eat clean. I train or dance 6 days a week. Well, I just didn't stop losing weight.

I feel I've probably been "at goal" for a few months but I still lose at least 2 pounds a month. The plastic surgeon (who works frequently with my bariatric surgeon) told me to stop, increase my calories and I'd be thrilled with my results. I just really have very little fat on my body. (She showing me as she's manipulating my hanging skin.)

So I asked her about "how long" she wants me to be stable. She said it's not about how long before I can have surgery, it's about eating more and not losing anymore. Okay. I get it. It's not easy but I will lose a minimum of 5 pounds of skin/fat in surgery and my BMR will triple in recovery!!! Spin will lose weight, too. To triple my BMR results in a really high calorie need. Higher than I can imagine and I eat 1800 calories now.

This is why consults are so important. They can really look at YOU and what you need to do.

My surgery was 3.11.13. As far as goal, I'm not sure. I've lost about 200 lbs. People keep telling me I'm too thin. I just don't like how I look :-(

I got a quote of a Tummy Tuck for $6000. They have their own surgicenter so it cuts the cost the hospitals charge. I'm hoping 2015 will be my year. I'll be 2 yrs out from surgery. Hopefully it will work out.

My surgery was 3.11.13. As far as goal, I'm not sure. I've lost about 200 lbs. People keep telling me I'm too thin. I just don't like how I look :-(

What is it you don't like?

I got a quote of a Tummy Tuck for $6000. They have their own surgicenter so it cuts the cost the hospitals charge. I'm hoping 2015 will be my year. I'll be 2 yrs out from surgery. Hopefully it will work out.

A private surgical center does help with cost and for that I'm grateful! I have to stay overnight because if the lower body lift.

May I ask, why are you waiting two years? I hope it works out for you, too.