Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dose anyone feel like the big hep on how fast this weight should fall off, it dosn't drop like they say it dose, not going threw clothes yet, nov 19 down 32 ,

I was sleeved Nov. 1 and I have lost 30 lbs. Mine isn't coming off as fast as some people. But I am eating all the right things, so I know I'm being true to the weight loss program. I am exercising the last two weeks. I joined Golds Gym for the pool. I have arthritis in my knees, hip and toes. So the Water is helping. So I'll just take it slow.

I have lost 43 lbs since Oct 2. I have only gone down one size. However, I can tell in my face and just about everywhere that I have lost. I haven't lost as much as I thought I woould in the time frame, but I am OK with it because I already notice saggy skin.

I think if you just keep trudging n, you will lose the weight.

When is the last time you lost 32lbs?

Thanks you read some of these threads, you ate like wow that much in short time, I've sticking like glue, I am going to start aqua class tomorrow morning! To add something instead of just walking in tread mill, next week it will be 8 weeks ! How time flys! Thanks for all your opinion

comparatively speaking, I am a slow loser. 40 pounds in 3 months. Some people lose that in the first month. I just have to accept I am a slow loser and take some comfort in the fact that I am doing all the right things to be successful. I guess my success is just going to take longer.

Sassy I know ! Sometimes it's a little scarey everything went great during surgery , of course I see it in my face , my face always goes on diet . The rest of the body dosn't know yet lmao 8 weeks next week , wow!

I feel I have been a slow loser also. The scale has crept along, barely. Two weeks at a time, it moves a little. But overall your stories sound like amazing weight loss. We are still eating but we are still losing weight. We would probably be sick if we lost any faster, with scurvy or something dreadful lol!

Glad for our trip together here!

I'm glad you guys are talking about this. I am over 6 weeks out (11/25) and am down 18-20 pounds, depending on the temperament of my scale that day, and it's a little frustrating. I haven't been exercising much, yet as I have been really tired. But I have started walking and plan to ramp it up soon. I am eating about 650-750 calories/day. I'm getting in my Fluid and 60-70g of Protein on most days and 50-60 carbs. But it seems like the scale is stuck more than its moving. How many calories are you guys getting in daily? Any thoughts, suggestions are welcome. I can't help but start to worry that this might not work for me, either.

Lynn, I think this sounds weird, but when I saw no calorie or Protein guidelines 3-4 weeks after surgery, I called the nutritionist. She said your doctor wants you to learn to eat healthy and is leaving it up to you to make good choices. That being said, we eat Proteins for the most part. I rarely eat anything without Protein, and even the small container of premade mashed potatoes I bought at Christmas went to the trash. I thought I would die to have a bite of potatoes. I know my tastes have changed. I think this had made me not seek out things other people keep asking about, but just sticking to the basics. I nibble on little wedges of Laughing Cow cheese and dry roasted edamame which I love. So I measure nothing, I count no calories, and we avoid carbs, both being diabetics. I am off Metformin and my husband takes a base amount of insulin now rather than living on fruit to keep himself conscious and his blood sugar up. His blood sugar averages 110 daily, not 40 or 400 day and night. Guess we will stick to this since the diabetes has been the scariest part of our life and he had gotten so bad off. We have a Premier Protein shake every morning.

Y'all, I lose maybe 2 lbs a week at 800 calories a day, and that is without cheating and getting in exercise. I know some folks who lose slower than that. Everyone loses at a different pace. Not everyone loses 100 lbs in 6 months. Don't get frustrated, just be patient, stay focused, and let your body do its thing.

Benefits to losing slow:

Skin has more time to adjust

Clothes don't need to be replaced every few weeks

People don't assume you have had WLS or are deathly ill, so it can help you avoid nosy nellies

I don't count calories , I put everything in a 4oz cup mostly Protein , I really don't get much carbs in .i fill up on protein. I drink mostly green tea, and cup Decaf tea in morning, I said to my self just be patience !