Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed food stage

scrambled eggs with salmon and Havarti

OMG!!

Are you on acid reflux meds? They sent me home with them to take and I HAVE to for four months... Apparently the reflux is very common with the sleeve.... What worries me tho is someone not keeping down stuff that at this point that you should be able to... I was told if you're not able to keep stuff like that down to call the dr because u might have what's called a stricture which is a narrowing in your stomach that they'd have to do a scope and open it up. Please be careful and if you've upset you're new stomach it's probably really irritated and may take a few days to settle down. Either way if you're having issues your doctors are there for YOU. That's what our money pays for. Please be careful

Good to know....is vomiting a symptom or just not being able to eat?

Shel

I'm just starting the purée/soft food stage. I bought some baby food thinking I could season it to my liking(I WAS WRONG!!). I tried the chicken because I'm trying to make sure I get my Protein,but it was dry. So I went to Taco Bell and got some refried Beans & mixed it with the chicken. It was pretty good. I will probably have that for dinner also.

I have just discovered this site last week & am so grateful for all the information on here. The journey so far has been hard, but I feel it will be easier because I have better information

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

My sleeve just doesn't want any pureed food right now. It doesn't make me sick or anything but I always feel something in my stomach for hours after I eat it. Is this normal? I'm a little over 3 weeks out. I'm doing Protein Shakes twice a day so I get Protein in

My sleeve just doesn't want any pureed food right now. It doesn't make me sick or anything but I always feel something in my stomach for hours after I eat it. Is this normal? I'm a little over 3 weeks out. I'm doing Protein Shakes twice a day so I get Protein in

I'm a newbie & just guessing but that feeling in your stomach could be felling full. I'm 5 weeks post-op and just starting the purée stage. Maybe your body is not ready for food yet. As long as you are getting your needed protein, take tour time with the food. Your body will accept when it's ready.

Man let me tell you the thought of pureeing meats is so off putting to me! And the idea of baby food disturbed me as well. I guess I shall live on eggs and ricotta cheese lol

I lived on potato Soup made with 1cup chicken broth, 3 Tbs instant potatoes, I liked the garlic, applewood, flavors. Small amt if shredded cheese. Cream Soups , cream of chicken, cream of shrimp very good, cream of broccoli.Grits, cream of wheat.

My sleeve just doesn't want any pureed food right now. It doesn't make me sick or anything but I always feel something in my stomach for hours after I eat it. Is this normal? I'm a little over 3 weeks out. I'm doing Protein shakes twice a day so I get Protein in

I'm really full, too after just a 1/4 cup of anything puréed. Makes it hard to get all my fluids in. I started making my puree's almost like full liquids by blending extra good or adding a little extra Water or milk. Seriously, I could probably drink my mashed potatoes through a straw. The only exception is my tuna purée, but I only eat a tablespoon of that. New thing this morning.... Plain Greek yogurt with puréed canned peaches stirred in.

Hang in there, ally!

No purée meats for me. smoothie king shakes did it mostly for me ..

Shel, I think it's more not keeping anything down. Just be careful ya never wanna screw yourself up.

And thank you guys all for your responses. I am trying desperately to stay away from starches and creamed Soups but there seriously isn't a lot to eat if you can't do the puréed meats and don't want to blow up on carbs and sugar also and I can't live on yogurt and Protein Shakes and eggs for 3 weeks. I just can't lol

I lived on broths and diluted, strained cream Soups with Protein Powder added all through my liquid stage and am continuing them into the puréed stage. I specifically asked my nut about the cream soups because of the higher fat content. She said it wouldn't be an issue at this stage because I'm taking in so few calories anyways. She also recommended oatmeal or cream of wheat with added Protein powder. And puréed, cooked soft veggies like cauliflower and carrots as long as we got our protein in first. Again, these are all complex carbs, but we are taking in so few calories it's OK at this stage.

I am also into the purieed stage. I deskinned and dissected a rottiserie chicken. Put in blender with refried Beans chicken broth and garlic powder. It is very good. I added some shredded cheese and nuked to get cheese melted. I may have added a bit too much of the beans but with a little work it will be even better.

Hi Jules!

I did egg beaters with a tad of salsa, that was one of them and it was total yum to me. Also, they have these small cans of tuna, they come with cracks just throw them away but the tuna is flavored. Very high Protein, I love the spivey one! Yumm! I never got tired of it and I'm three months out and still do it! Hope this helped

This is such a helpful thread. Do you guys mind if I move it to the purée recipes section?

This is the top of the Recipe Sharing section: http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1052-recipe-sharing/

I will move this thread to the Purée sub-section and anyone who is subscribed will still be subscribed. :)