Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed food stage

I am having trouble with pureed foods. Indigestion at night big time. And feels heavy in my stomach. I've switched back to mostly liquids again. Today I had the sobbing I can't believe I did this issue.

I am having trouble with pureed foods. Indigestion at night big time. And feels heavy in my stomach. I've switched back to mostly liquids again. Today I had the sobbing I can't believe I did this issue.

Try doing puree's early in the day and then liquids in the afternoon and evening. I take 20 to 30 minutes to eat about 1/4 cup of applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc. I could only squeeze in 1 tablespoon of the blended tuna fish I tried today. Dr. Ortiz makes a very small sleeve, so our restriction is pretty strong. Even though I started purée stage 4 days ago, I'm basically still doing full liquids with a small sampling of puréed once a day. And it seems to help if I walk after eating my purée.

Edited by Kindle

Try doing puree's early in the day and then liquids in the afternoon and evening. I take 20 to 30 minutes to eat about 1/4 cup of applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc. I could only squeeze in 1 tablespoon of the blended tuna fish I tried today. Dr. Ortiz makes a very small sleeve, so our restriction is pretty strong. Even though I started purée stage 4 days ago, I'm basically still doing full liquids with a small sampling of puréed once a day. And it seems to help if I walk after eating my purée.

Thanks for that info. I was sleeved by Dr Ortiz also so that's great info

Wait you were there on the same day as me! December 20th

Oh yeah, and I drink a small cup of camomile tea before bedtime. The warmth seems to relax my tummy and helps me sleep.

Hey ally! Didn't "recognize" you. How have things been? (Up till purée stage that is)

Things have been good up until now. I'm having a hard time with this stage and getting in all my Protein. How have you been doing?

Pretty much the same. Fluid and Protein goals were easier when it was just liquids. I'm just so full all the time, it's hard to take it all in. I can't stop drinking for even an hour or two or I get behind. Guess we've got restriction! :). I'm really trying to mix up flavors, though... Adding unflavored Protein Powder to different broths and diluted, strained cream Soups has saved me from having to drink SO many shakes. I still have two a day, though.

I'm on 2 a day as well. I've had to switch then up just so I didn't get sick of them. I bought Isopure drinks because they have 40 grams of Protein but they taste awful. We can do this!

Puréed stage has been a little hard for me. I understand is a daily mission trying to take in all of our Proteins and liquids. Things will get better just try to eat a little something into you build up to it. Example yesterday I couldn't eat I just couldn't I had a babybell cheese I took my time but enjoyed it. Today I had one deviled egg but the white part I chopped it super small and mixed it in with my yolks it was pretty good. For diner I bought a plain backed potato from Pappas BBQ scraped everything out of (butter cheese and potatoe" put it in a bowl smashed a little on another tinny plate ate that. The rest of the potato is in the fridge for tomorrow. Good luck!!!

Me tooo....not sobbing, but tried a teensy weensy bit of pureed egg and OMG.....what a freaking nightmare! Six hours later, I'm still suffering :-(

Shelby

Are you on acid reflux meds? They sent me home with them to take and I HAVE to for four months... Apparently the reflux is very common with the sleeve.... What worries me tho is someone not keeping down stuff that at this point that you should be able to... I was told if you're not able to keep stuff like that down to call the dr because u might have what's called a stricture which is a narrowing in your stomach that they'd have to do a scope and open it up. Please be careful and if you've upset you're new stomach it's probably really irritated and may take a few days to settle down. Either way if you're having issues your doctors are there for YOU. That's what our money pays for. Please be careful

I cooked chicken for chicken and mushroom Soup. I puréed it to tuna consistency in a matter of seconds w food processor on pulse. I set aside 6 oz for chicken salad and the rest went in my Soup.

Chicken salad- 6 oz chicken puréed to tuna style

1 .5 tbsp mayo or lite ranch

2 tbsp stone ground mustard

1 tbsp pickle

1 green onion chopped finely

1 tsp minced garlic

Salt, pepper, and dash of paprika or red peeper

This made 3 servings, on my last serving I cut up 1/4 avocado and added, so good!

I can keep everything down. I've never thrown up or anything. I was given acid reducer meds. I take one every morning. It's just the heavier foods that give me indigestion when I eat them in the evening. So I'm going to try doing puree in the early afternoon and then full liquids the rest of the day.

Ally, the other thing you could try is Maalox. I talked to Dr. So last weekend because my dentist put me on an antibiotic that can be irritating and cause gastritis. He advised to double the anti acid medication and take Maalox to help protect my stomach while I'm on the antibiotics. Besides not eating heavier foods later in the day, maybe taking Maalox in the evening could help. Regardless, I think we will just have to progress our food stages very slowly and carefully. If you do have any questions or problems, Dr. So has been very good about prompt responses via phone or email.

BTW, the only time I had Isopure was when I was down there. Picked some up at the GNC by Walmart and I thought they were pretty gross, too. Just had 1/4 cup egg whites and cottage cheese with basil, salt and pepper for Breakfast (over 20 minutes eating time) and so far so good. I'll probably have mashed potatoes for lunch and then stick with shakes and Water the rest of the day.

I got a copy of Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook For Dummies (you can get it on Kindle), which has some high-Protein soft food recipes. I'm still doing liquids, but they have a scrambled eggs with salmon and Havarti recipe that looks really good. But I know, all doctors are different... mine has me going from liquids to softs with no pureed stage.