Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your description of meals before surgery sure sounds like mine. I loved to bake and did almost every day. And none of it went to waste, either. I would bake a zillion Christmas Cookies, so after Christmas was over I'd be sick of Cookies. I would then begin what I called "cake season"! That's because I baked one several times a week until spring.

That's just so terribly absurd. I don't miss that life at all. I almost never bake now, and I dont cook like I used to either. And when I do, everyone is now on the bariatric plan with me, lol!

Yeah, I used to love cooking...Now most nights at my house are DIY, or something simple. I just don't enjoy cooking the way I used to. And I only did one day of baking this year at Christmas, instead of baking practically everyday from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I don't miss the kitchen or that life either

Your description of meals before surgery sure sounds like mine. I loved to bake and did almost every day. And none of it went to waste, either. I would bake a zillion Christmas Cookies, so after Christmas was over I'd be sick of Cookies. I would then begin what I called "cake season"! That's because I baked one several times a week until spring.

That's just so terribly absurd. I don't miss that life at all. I almost never bake now, and I dont cook like I used to either. And when I do, everyone is now on the bariatric plan with me, lol!

Yeah, I used to love cooking...Now most nights at my house are DIY, or something simple. I just don't enjoy cooking the way I used to. And I only did one day of baking this year at Christmas, instead of baking practically everyday from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I don't miss the kitchen or that life either

I have gotten more into cooking then ever...I look at this as a new life and I certainly don't want to get bored..So I eat things I have never eaten before..like Kale salad....Never ate Kale before and I love it....Just one example.....

And to us..That was normal........Isn't amazing how little our bodies really need to live on...that brings up the old saying...I eat to live not live to eat..right.....

Oh yeah - it is totally amazing how little we really need. I am totally surprised, which is kind of funny, since I'm an RN, and an expert dieter. I would go to WW and follow their plan to a T for months (even forgoing cake during cake season) and not lose very much. It would be such a struggle and for what - I couldn't even make a dent in what I needed to lose. So now I know that I need no more than 900 daily calories to lose. I could have never done that with a whole stomach!

I still cook a lot. I love to cook. I must say I do not bake near as much as I used to but I cook almost every night and it's always meat, (one)rice/pasta/potato, and at least 2 veggies. It doesn't seem to affect me though...I eat Protein first and then veggie - sometimes the carb but not normally. It amazes me how much they eat compared to me but they still have a whole stomach.

I still cook a lot. I love to cook. I must say I do not bake near as much as I used to but I cook almost every night and it's always meat, (one)rice/pasta/potato, and at least 2 veggies. It doesn't seem to affect me though...I eat Protein first and then veggie - sometimes the carb but not normally. It amazes me how much they eat compared to me but they still have a whole stomach.

I hear yah, they are still watching me eat as they hoover down their meals....My grand daughter and I eat about the same amount...Except meat..she eats a lot of meat.........Don't care anymore, i am who I will be as I go through this journey....Nice to see you here have not seen you in a while; ;)

I hear yah, they are still watching me eat as they hoover down their meals....My grand daughter and I eat about the same amount...Except meat..she eats a lot of meat.........Don't care anymore, i am who I will be as I go through this journey....Nice to see you here have not seen you in a while; ;)

I choose not to make the family adhere to my new eating habits. Sure they get some of my new habits but not totally. I've been reading just not really posting but thankya for missing me:)

I choose not to make the family adhere to my new eating habits. Sure they get some of my new habits but not totally. I've been reading just not really posting but thankya for missing me:)

How can we not miss you..your funny as hell!!!!!!!!!!!lol

I used to finish dinner and snack until bedtime. Now I like to see "snack" as a noun, not a verb! It is freeing to be able to break the old starch habit. I feel physically better and that makes a difference in how I work, parent, and live life! So glad I was sleeved!

I used to finish dinner and snack until bedtime. Now I like to see "snack" as a noun, not a verb! It is freeing to be able to break the old starch habit. I feel physically better and that makes a difference in how I work, parent, and live life! So glad I was sleeved!

I see it as a verb still because I have a snack at night..If i don't I wake up in the middle of the night hungry and have to go eat something then...I eat mostly nuts and seeds in the evening....you know like a squirrel...lol

Since I live alone, I don't like to cook at all since getting sleeved. I have resorted to heating canned Soups or making a "sandwich" for lunch. I have had a few "salads" but like those who already commented on salads, mine too are usually the guts of a salad with maybe a few spinach leaves and after I try to make a small salad, I can eat 1/2 of what is there. Unfortunately the left over doesn't keep well, so I am still trying to downsize what I make for my one meal a day.

Lark, like you I do not cook anymore. My husband and I were sleeved and decided we would eat when we felt we needed to, per our doctor. He likes smoked salmon, I like shakes and refried Beans with a little melted Laughing Cow cheese. We more or less grab what we like. I make mini quiches without the crust, and they are microwavable in 20 seconds, and I keep boiled eggs on hand. Also mini crabcakes, and lowfat chili. Works for us. I cooked one crockpot meal and felt we over ate, so we decided this plan. Surgeries were 11/18 and 12/2 and doing great. Good luck everyone!