Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Roanoke/Salem, VA sleevers out there?

Gotcha. It's so exciting! I called today and it wasn't missy who I spoke with it was a snotty nurse and her exact words were "well if you're approved then we know also and we will contact you to set things up and schedule another appointment to be seen" and I said "why do I need to be seen again? I was just seen on feb 2nd" and she got all snippy and said "because that's how we do things here!" I thought what a b&$@# it makes no sense to pay another $45 copay for them to say "ok we will call you when we have a date" I mean dang. I think I may call back tomorrow and ask to speak to missy and see what's going on. Thanks a bunch for the info. I will have to go to evening meetings due to my work schedule.

Wow... I hate that you had that experience. Mine have all been so positive. I wonder if they have their own teams. Missy may just be Lucktong's nurse. I'm not sure. I hope things turn around. Maybe she was just having a crappy day and you walked into it. I go in the morning for my follow up exam with Samantha Wilkenson. Hopefully it will go ok. I think I'm doing ok, especially under the circumstances. My mom passed away 2 weeks ago, and it has been hard to do everything just right. Especially when people were bringing food over for the family. I didn't do great through that, but thankfully my sleeve couldn't hold much. It should be ok.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom passing. I just lost my Grammy 2 weeks ago also so I know your pain. I generally always talk with missy but I got a different nurse unfortunately. Yes I love Sam she's awesome, I do believe we all see the same team just have different surgeons at time of surgery. I'm going to call today and ask to speak to missy. Hopefully she can get the ball rolling for me too. So after you were approved is when they scheduled you for the ultrasound and echo? Not prior? I already had the EKG and endoscopy done prior to submitting to my insurance. I thought all tests were done like that then once approved you set date for surgery? Hmmm...man I hope to get it soon haha I'm the most impatient person ever haha

He added those tests because of family history. You might have something unexpected pop up.

I went today and did not see Missy there. There was a new nurse. That must be who you talked for. She was ok.. but not as friendly as Missy. They were happy with my progress. I have been released to try any food I want. If it doesnt sit well just wait a bit before trying it again. In 2 weeks I can take my pills without crushing/opening!! Yay!!!!! I go back in 2 months.

Oh.... and my date was already set when I had those 2 tests. They wanted to be sure they didnt need to take out my gallbladder during surgery. The echo was just precaution. It was a treadmill test with ultrasound.

Hello! I called today to talk to missy and she actually answered the phone. I told her about the rude nurse and apologized and said the scheduler will be contacting me soon :-) yay! So do they do blood tests/labs on you after getting your date? She said I was all set just waiting for my surgery date so I don't think they are going to do any further sonograms/ultra sounds or tests. I hope I get the date I'm wanting. I want the second week in March or third. How fast did you have surgery after the scheduler called you? That's great that you're on to a new stage of food and not crushing pills! Congrats. I was gonna ask you also, after you're scheduled isn't there a seminar you have to go to where they talk about what to expect before during and after surgery day? Or is it an appt with Samantha? I hope you had a good weekend.

I did go to a group meeting with Missy and Kay. They talked about the stages and what to expect. We could ask questions and then took a multiple choice test to see what they need to talk to us about. No big deal. I did have to go for a 'care' meeting too. They did bloodwork and an RN sat down with me and went over my history, meds, and what to expect on the day of surgery. They tell you everything. When the scheduler called she gave me several dates to choose from. It was 2 weeks and 2 days from when she called... just in time to do the liver shrinking diet. It all went pretty quick.

Im glad you reached Missy. She gets things done!!

Awesome. Yea missy was her normal sweet self. Do you have a FB page? Want to be FB friends? Haha sounds like I'm asking you out on a date haha I am Tara Huffman on there location is Buchanan VA. Do you have before and after pics on there too? I can't wait to start my picture stages haha. My whole family in NY knows of my surgery but my hubby's family here do not know. I'm not sure of what they would think ya know. Besides I'm not doing it for anyone I'm doing it for myself

Tara, I'm not telling on fb about this. I have too many colleagues and clients on there to share this. I prefer to just use this forum to discuss weight issues. I have always been VERY private about my weight, so even this site is a stretch for me.

I do wanr to be friends though. So don't think the fb thing means I dont!!

I am Tina Holtzlander in Salem. If you want to talk somtime you can call me. 540-537-0453. Evenings are best for me. :-)

My surgery date is April 21st!!!!! Pre appt is April 8th , 8am labs at crystal springs and then meeting with dr powers at 11:30am and mandatory meeting with Kay and Jimmi Beard is march 25th at 10:30am. I'm sooooooooooooo excited. It happening. How are you doing? Still losing?

Yay!!!!! Congrats! It will all start feeling like it is happening really fast, now. I'm so excited for you!

I'm doing well. I had a slight stall in losing, but that is normal. It has broken and I'm dropping again now. I am wearing jeans 3 sizes smaller and they are button/zip kind.. not stretch. I had kept them from years ago. I am glad I did because it has been more rewarding getting those on comfortably than any number that the scale can show.

I am eating pretty much what I want but in small amounts. I love my sleeve!!!! I could not have done this without it. It is tough getting through the healing and adjustment period , but now that I am used to it it is great. I am very happy I did this. Now it's YOUR TURN!! WOOHOO!

Hey Tara. Just wondering how you are doing? Send me an update!

I am ordering my Calcium from Bariatric Choice. It is a cake like bite that is yummy. I can 'refer a friend' and we can each get a $20 credit. If you are interested send me your last name and email and I will refer you. If you haven't been to their website you should check it out. They have everything. Even snack foods, etc.

Take care. Tina Holtzlander

Hello there, sorry just realized I had this message. Been so busy lately with work and all. And our uncle passed away too last weekend. It's been rough. I'm doing ok. I have my pre surgery appt at crystal springs for labs on April 8th at 8am then with dr powers the same day at 11:30am. Then surgery on April 21st. I'm sooo excited. How are you doing? I really haven't looked into the Calcium Vitamins yet but once I do, I will let you know ok. Thanks!