Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in my 6th month, but waiting on insurance, and I'm having second thoughts about my surgeon!!!! Anyone know if I can change my surgeon? And if so do I have to start over?

Thank you

You might want to tell us your insurance so people can advise on thier experience with X insurance company.

I had blue shield, however my company dropped our insurance so I had to get new insurance and went with blue anthem

I think you may need to start the process over again, since the surgeon is the one who actually does the submission to the insurance company.

I think you may need to start the process over again, since the surgeon is the one who actually does the submission to the insurance company.

True, but your records aren't property of the surgeon. You can request those at any time. The surgeon is being paid for all the services he/she provides.

Thank you all for this information ????

No u don't have to start over I had to change surgeon myself the first one I went to I did 3 months as my insurance require with them and I say all the doctors I had to see but my insurance did not want to pay for the surgery at the hospital that surgeon works out of. So I went to another one that my cousin did hers with, when I saw him I ask the previous surgeon for all my paper work and I took them to the new surgeon and he was so nice I got a date for surgery right awAy I just had to see one more doctor for him and I am happy I change 3 months now post op and 70 pounds gone, I was to get sleeve on June but the insurance keep back I had it done September/30/13 and I have no complications I am very happy looking to loose another 50 pounds right now so go ahead with what u feel more comparable with do ur research

I switched surgeons midstream and did NOT have to start over. If you are having doubts, follow your instinct and get a different surgeon. It was the BEST move I could have made!!! Good Luck!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!