Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trim Healthy Mama diet

I have been following the thm diet. I am hoping to find other bandsters following it. There are many fb groups but I cannot find one specifically for wls. Just looking to share encouragement & ideas.

Mothering9 I have the book. A friend gave it to me for my birthday. I have not been able to follow the diet, for several reasons.

1. It is not practical to my everyday life. I am on the go a lot and I can't seem to find what I should eat when I am out

2. All that fat freaks me out ;)

3. I have two kiddos with special diets and this way of eating kind of stresses me out. Makes me feel like I have one more meal to make at night.

I am not saying that it is not a good eating plan just hard for me to follow. I did read the book before my WLS. Can you give me examples of what you eat on THM? I think that is another thing for me that is difficult......figuring out what I can eat.

Hi Mothering9. I see that we were both banded last April! I have an unbanded friend who loves THM. I have started slowly making my food changes and am copying her recipes and pinterest until my book comes. I was wondering how other bandsters were doing with it.

It's good, because you have to eat every few hours..I sometimes feel full and forget to eat for long periods during the day and then am famished and make bad food choices! I love how it's Protein & healthy fats positive. The carbs that you do eat are healthy. There are yummy shakes that include Protein powder! Also, we are told to avoid the sweeter/starchier fruits..which is something that I needed to do (banana addict!).. My first 60 lbs have come off pretty quick and easily, but has started slowing down. Hoping this will get the scale moving again and help keep my energy levels up enough to work out more! Please let me know if you jump into this and how you're doing. I hope to be fully jumped into this in a week or so. Still buying/replacing items in my pantry :)

Oh, i've joined the thm for beginners on fb and it's so supportive and helpful with advice, tips & recipes. Also www.gwensnest.com is great! ive heard that there will soon be a surgical weight loss THM on fb

Edited by Rs3boys

I am just curious if you are still following THM and how you are making out on it. I am very interested in trying it, just wanted to get more perspective!

What is THM?

google "THM diet " for more info, it stands for Trimhealthymama.

I Hve been wanting to do thm, just curious how others are doing on it? I used to eat paleo a few years back, but new to being banded. Paleo was not a good option for everyone in the family. So want to go this route instead