Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good on u all that hadn't cheated fair play :) but I have and I'd say a lot more have x

Have u been feeling ok? I took a bite of something but I will never do it again lol

I didn't cheat, but I had mushy chicken 4 weeks out and did not chew it well, and ate too fast. The heart attack I thought I was having, and the choking/unable to breathe/panic I felt, scared the living hell out of me. I do not want to strangle on a piece of bread people keep talking about. Maybe I am glad I learned this lesson since I did not even feel I had surgery or a restriction.

Yes, and I would say anyone that says they didn't is a liar!! It's all trial and error! Depends on how well u chew with regard how u feel, take it slow and chew chew chew x

Never!!! I never once was tempted to cheat. And I don't plan on it. I started purées last night. I will follow my plan to a T. I didn't go through this surgery just to sabotage my recovery.

Edited by E2013

I did something very stupid when I was allowed to start soft foods. It said I could eat soft, ground meats. So I had a piece of pork that was soft and I chewed it up extremely well. I also ate very soft turkey deli meat which I chewed well. Now I'm scared to death that I messed something up. It didn't say I had to puree foods anymore so I really didn't think it was bad since it was soft and I took small bites and chewed it up well. Needless to say, I'm praying to God that everything will be ok. I was a freaken nervous wreck before surgery that something would go wrong and I wouldn't make it, and now this. I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown I'm so scared. I haven't gotten sick or vomited. If I have a leak, would I know it?

I did something very stupid when I was allowed to start soft foods. It said I could eat soft, ground meats. So I had a piece of pork that was soft and I chewed it up extremely well. I also ate very soft turkey deli meat which I chewed well. Now I'm scared to death that I messed something up. It didn't say I had to puree foods anymore so I really didn't think it was bad since it was soft and I took small bites and chewed it up well. Needless to say, I'm praying to God that everything will be ok. I was a freaken nervous wreck before surgery that something would go wrong and I wouldn't make it, and now this. I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown I'm so scared. I haven't gotten sick or vomited. If I have a leak, would I know it?

Like I said, I had something on day 4 which was a little piece of dessert. I freaked out but I am fine. Yes I thought I messed up my sleeve and I will have a leak. I did some search and you will know if you have a leak. Fever, lots of pain, swollen etc. I didn't get sick either and it did not bother me at all. Will I do it again? NEVER.. Since then I've been following the diet to a T. Don't worry you will be okay just don't do it again just to be on the safe side

Yes, and I would say anyone that says they didn't is a liar!! It's all trial and error! Depends on how well u chew with regard how u feel, take it slow and chew chew chew x

I would not be so quick to call others a liar simply to justify your own "slip".

I followed my postop diet to the letter.

No "cheating" here either. I waited until I was on solid foods to eat solid foods. And frankly, I think the whole mentality of "cheating" and temptation is what got us here in the first place. There is really nothing out there that I can't ever have again, and nothing out there that is worth derailing myself for.

I don't eat 100% perfectly every day now but I don't call it cheating. But I'd say I probably eat 98% clean. If I go off plan, I call it what it is: a bite of my son's cheesecake, but not a piece. And it gets logged. I call it choices. And I certainly won't blame the sleeve or temptation if I make bad choices and my weight loss does not live up to my expectations. That said, it's much easier to stick to the rules. It just is.

I love rules :) I'm such a dork!

I love rules :) I'm such a dork!

Ha! I'm seriously the same way!

Donaboss,

Trust me, I'm never eating something like that again until it's time. But I'm still freaking out. I even want to call my doctor and ask for a scan to check for a leak. I just can't stop thinking about it. :(

Thanks for replying.

Donaboss, Trust me, I'm never eating something like that again until it's time. But I'm still freaking out. I even want to call my doctor and ask for a scan to check for a leak. I just can't stop thinking about it. :( Thanks for replying.

You can always call the doc... I'm gonna see him for the first time on Thursday. I feel great. I would say don't worry because if something went wrong you would of known by now :)

No "cheating" here either. I waited until I was on solid foods to eat solid foods. And frankly, I think the whole mentality of "cheating" and temptation is what got us here in the first place. There is really nothing out there that I can't ever have again, and nothing out there that is worth derailing myself for. I don't eat 100% perfectly every day now but I don't call it cheating. But I'd say I probably eat 98% clean. If I go off plan, I call it what it is: a bite of my son's cheesecake, but not a piece. And it gets logged. I call it choices. And I certainly won't blame the sleeve or temptation if I make bad choices and my weight loss does not live up to my expectations. That said, it's much easier to stick to the rules. It just is.

I love your outlook Fluff! Labels freak me out, leading to negative feelings. Eating Clean with a percentage attached is reality and I can live with that. Cheating makes me feel awful. I know with true addictions, there are substances you just can't have. I do understand the all or nothing mentality. But I also think you need to make some peace with what's normal and what's excessive. Eating one bite of cheesecake and being accountable is normal. Eating a whole cheesecake is not. Eating a whole piece is not good for any of us. Moderation has always been hard for me (probably for most of us). But I like how you put it. I can like myself and feel this is achievable thinking that way.

I've never cheated either! We go through so much to achieve the goal of using this tool successfully, why cheat ? It's not worth the consequences ! The first 6 months are the most important towards achieving your weight loss. Good luck on your adventure !

Don't ever call people liars...unacceptable!

I haven't cheated once...ever. I hate rules....am always looking for an alternative....that's the lawyer in me....however, I have common sense, Im an adult and I understand the brevity and importance of sound medical advice and instruction...

Ok...nuff said on this one...

Shelby