Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 15lbs since I got pregnant... wth?!

I am 14.5 weeks pregnant, due June 30th. I became pregnant just before my one year sleeve-versary, sleeved November 13th, 2012, same day a a year later confirmed with ultrasound I was 6wks pregnant.

I wasn't completely at goal but I'd been at my current weight since March, around 260 (before you all gasp, I'm 6' tall which means aprox a size 14 pants, XL/L shirts, it just sounds fat if you're short!)

I had wanted to be at 225 before I got pregnant but those last 10lbs that I'd taken off had taken me 6 months, 225 seemed way far off!

So, we began trying and got pregnant immediately (which is awesome, since pre-sleeve we tried for over 4 years only to get pregnant and miscarry)

I was 260 when I got pregnant, eating around 1000 calories a day, good stuff, like we're all supposed to. Nut said I should shoot for 2800 calories a day, I laughed at her lol... but I increased where I could. Calorie beverages, full fat stuff rather than non/low fat, started eating red meat again rather than subbing turkey, having *real* bacon with my Breakfast (zomg, I missed it, turkey bacon is such a joke) and I've lost 15lbs! What the heck?! Baby belly is growing, I can see that, I need maternity pants, but - yeah, 15lbs gone. It had been 20 but I managed to put some back on. I'm not even having morning sickness, which would explain things!

What gives?! This happen to anyone else? Good thing is I'm pretty sure I won't end this pregnancy higher than I started it. Even with my son (presleeve) I only gained 15lbs.

I would say the added food fixed your metabolism, made your set point go up. Sometimes more leads to less!

Congratulations on the baby!

Congratulations on the baby!! I agree with gmanbat and it sounds like you are doing great. I wouldn't worry about it unless it should continue on as a large amount of loss. Your baby is getting the nutrition it needs especially since you increased your caloric intake. Best of luck to you! :)

Think so? Hmm that makes sense I guess! Who would have thought all this time all I had to do was give in to the little devil on my shoulder and eat what I wanna eat lol.

I was sleeved the same day 11/13/12. I was down to 145 (size 8ish- I'm 4'11) when I got my BFP in Sept. I too have lost weight since getting preggo (13lbs for me). Baby is growing completely on track and I too haven't gained much weight with my previous two pregnancies. I'm due may 20th and at the 20 week scan baby is perfectly healthy and actually showing almost a week ahead in measurements and my belly sure hasn't stayed little.

post-167770-0-99117600-1388951227_thumb.jpg

I'm 10 months post op and 18 weeks preggo. (yaa we are so the same week lol)

I was stuck on 215 the whole summer. Once i found out i was preggo i dropped 15lbs like nothing. The lowest i've gotten to is 196.9lbs. I've been stable at 200.2lbs.

I was told it was normal, but after awhile the doc will start increasing your cal intake because they want you to gain at least 6 to 15 lbs. Baby is fine and is currently 8 ounces. Good luck to you and please keep me posted.

When I was pregnant I started at 206 (was banded and struggling with it, also wasn't a planned pregnancy). I maintained a workout routine and ate very often and very well. I lost weight through my entire pregnancy until the third trimester. I gained 30ish pounds in the third trimester. On ultrasound my daughter was weighing in at ten pounds and her measurements were large as well (long legs and arms). I have type one diabetes and also large babies run in my husbands "Viking" genes. His entire family is tall and lean. His mom and sister are 6' and hubs, dad and bro are 6'3", 6'2" and 6'4". Welp...my daughter was 11lbs14oz and 23 inches long. I left the hospital weighing 179! Pregnancy was the best diet and workout plan for me. After my daughter I had complications with my band. So I am being sleeved in three weeks. I'm back up to 226. The day I had my daughter I weight 227.

What I'm trying to say is pregnancy can do crazy things to your metabolism. I ate many times a day (and night if I couldn't sleep) and maintained steady weight loss until the end there. But I had a healthy pregnancy. No heart burn. No swelling. No sciatic pain. I slept fairly well too. And my daughter is super healthy. Tall and lean like her daddy. How I envy those Viking genes! Haha.

I have been fluctuating between 187 and 190 for months and now that I'm 9 1/2 wks pregnant I weigh 184-5. I'm trying to up my Protein and my calories too.

I am 24 weeks and have lost 40 ish granted I was only 3 weeks post op... ooops.. but Doc says everything is looking Great and baby is in the 60th percentile... overweight women are ok to lose some weight during pregnancy :-)