Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

still sloooow going. I take protonix twice daily and will continue forever. Lol. I suffered from GERD pre-surgery. I was put on Iron but can't take it. I was so constipated because of it that I didn't poop for over a week. That's taking 3 stool softeners a day and milk of mag. I need to be more active, but I have no energy. None. I'm taking bariatric Vitamins, Vitamin D and B12 injections and I'm so tired I can barely lift my head once I get home from work. I feel that if I were more active I'd lose more steadily but all I wanna do is rest.

Same here. I used to have tons of energy postop, but I have been dragging ass. I sometimes feel myself nodding off at work. No bueno.

This was happening to me and doc said it was my low Protein levels. When I upped my protein (over 100g is what I shoot for now) I felt a zillion times better. Hope that helps.

Wow how do you manage 100g of protein? That's like 4 Protein Shakes a day for me.

I have protein dense Snacks with me at all times... Turkey Jerky is awesome (cheap at Costco). Premier Protein for Breakfast everyday, chicken or fish for dinner, sometimes salad or tuna for lunch, sometimes Soup when I am feeling naughty.

I basically felt horrible enough (I.e. Dragging and really tired) that I vowed I wouldn't eat calories unless there was a decent amount of protein in them. And I feel better, so there is incentive for me to keep it up and track it. I got 100 g or more in almost every day after my doc called and said my protein levels were low. But I'm more of a slacker now... Gotta be honest. I probably get more than 85g everyday though. And most days more than 90g.

Everyone is different. Being anal about protein has made me feel lots better so it's working for me. It doesn't work for everyone though!

:)

PS: this is a super high Protein recipe that I really love. It sounds gross but is actually crazy good. I actually like it better than mayo based tuna salad. Hope you like it!

http://minougirl.com/2014/01/skinny-greek-yogurt-tuna-salad/

Still having issues with vomiting.. No meat likes me at all !!! But it's all worth it

Starting weight 337

Surgery weight on 4/21 318 (310 on my home scale)

Current weight 262

post-205180-0-79462900-1401055681_thumb.jpg

post-205180-0-78558700-1401055686_thumb.jpg

Still having issues with vomiting.. No meat likes me at all !!! But it's all worth it Starting weight 337 Surgery weight on 4/21 318 (310 on my home scale) Current weight 262

Wonderful job!

Thank you for posting some food ideas. I am getting bored with the items I've been eating, but I'm also finding that my stomach doesn't really like a lot of things I'm trying. It's nice to have some more things to try.

I love the tuna salad idea. I've been mashing some avocado with tuna - which tastes great but doesn't really add to the Protein content.

I was sleeved on Feb 24. I am down 48 pounds since the day of surgery, and 63 pounds since my surgical consult. I'm feeling very discouraged lately. I think that I'm just dealing with some body image issues. I am having a hard time with my excess skin, and the fact that I'm loosing in my boobs, butt and gut but I don't notice it other places. I keep getting astonished looks and comments from people I haven't seen in a while, so I guess it's noticable. I just need to get my brain to catch up with my body.

image.jpeg

Holy cow... You can definitely see it in your face! You look great.

Yeah, I know what you mean about body image issues. I am quite sure I could jump out of an airplane without a parachute and land safely due to my new batwings. And I am seriously in search of a bra that can get these saggy things back into place and keep them there. Good grief!

One day at a time I suppose. Oh well.

:)

Holy cow... You can definitely see it in your face! You look great. Yeah, I know what you mean about body image issues. I am quite sure I could jump out of an airplane without a parachute and land safely due to my new batwings. And I am seriously in search of a bra that can get these saggy things back into place and keep them there. Good grief! One day at a time I suppose. Oh well. :)

You ain't kidding about the bat wings! It's bad. And the boobs - WTH! Standing sideways in the mirror without a bra is heartbreaking. I'm down 68 total (28 was preop, 40 post op) with surgery on 3/13. Still only hitting 60g a day, sometimes more. It's frustrating. But all is well. Meeting a trainer in the morning at 7. I started at 325 so I still have a long way to go - time to exercise in earnest. No regrets but it's not all rainbows and sunshine.

No regrets but it's not all rainbows and sunshine.

Hilarious.

Yeah, I would say the bat wings, boobs and things that happen to me as a result of the birth control and high Protein (fiberless) diet they have me on now is very much not rainbows and sunshine - LOL!

I seriously envisioned my body would somehow morph back to its shape/functionality at the age of 21... Silly silly me!

Oh well. Even though I am bound to look like a raisin (despite my best water/exercise/protein/Metamucil efforts) I still feel better than I have in the last 15 years. Congrats on the exercise. If nothing else, it makes me feel like a million bucks right afterwards - and I sleep like a baby. I hope it does the same for you!

Congrats on the weight loss too, btw --- that's awesome!

Try Fiber gummies if you haven't already. I take 2 gummies, plus 2 stool softness every night. I usually go every 4 days or so. I gave up on the Miralax. All it did was bloat me up worse. Not sure they will help you but the gummies sure taste better than Miralax.

I told my husband today that I'm pretty sure I could land at O'Hare with my bat wings. I'm trying not to fixate on the secondary losses because it is what it is. But, it's a tad depressing at times.

Papaya enzyme has been my savior. I take 2-4 after every meal and it helps with digestion and it has made it so I have a BM every day or two. Plus it helps with that icky sicky full feeling that we experience all too often.

Papaya enzyme has been my savior. I take 2-4 after every meal and it helps with digestion and it has made it so I have a BM every day or two. Plus it helps with that icky sicky full feeling that we experience all too often.

I drink a coffee in the morning and have one every day. At least one.

Hair loss has officially started for me. Wow I lost a lot tonight

Hair loss has officially started for me. Wow I lost a lot tonight

Same... It's coming out by the handfuls in the shower. Just trying to keep confident that it is temporary and will be worth it. Until then... My hair stays in a ponytail!

My hair is coming out too .. Went for my 3 mo checkup today. I had been having some dizzy spells.. Apparently I'm anemic and dehydrated. I need to start taking 2 Iron pills daily and also she said I might want to take a stool softener with that .. I'm so tired of pills!! But hopefully this fixes things

My hair ---- those few strands that I actually had on my head ---- is starting to come out. I have really thin hair to start with. Time to cut my hair crazy short I fear. Still worth it? Yes. But this may be the biggest hurdle to date.

Yowch.