Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was terrible. Definitely the worst pain and source of me questioning my decision for the first couple days. It was the best thing when I finally farted. Hahaha

Best fart ever.

You girls are so funny :lol:

I am making my trip to the store today. My list includes:

SF Jello

SF Popsicles

SF pudding

Soups for straining

Anything else anyone can suggest? Are these all things I can have during the liquid phase? I am confused as what counts for liquids and what counts for soft...

SF Jello

SF Popsicles

SF pudding

Soups for straining

Anything else anyone can suggest? Are these all things I can have during the liquid phase? I am confused as what counts for liquids and what counts for soft...

Those are all things I am allowed on my liquid phase. I can also have yogurt.

If you can find them, the no sugar added fudgcicles are delicious too! Almost felt like I was cheating. Hah.

SF Jello

SF Popsicles

SF pudding

Soups for straining

You may want to ask about Jello. My program says no jello. Not really sure why but I don't like jello so I was fine with it.

Most places allow Jello on a liquid diet because your body temp actually turns it back into liquid when you swallow it. That said, I've yet to be able to want to eat jello since surgery.

Thanks ladies!

I think my shopping trip was a success.

But I am still at a loss as to what kind of clear Soups to get and strain. I ended up getting a couple healthy choice soups to strain since they had low sodium and more Protein. And I picked up some of that Swanson Mexican tortilla Soup broth, but am concerned because it has a lot of sodium...

Thanks ladies!

But I am still at a loss as to what kind of clear Soups to get and strain. I ended up getting a couple healthy choice soups to strain since they had low sodium and more Protein. And I picked up some of that Swanson Mexican tortilla Soup broth, but am concerned because it has a lot of sodium...

I am able to have any kind if light, healthy request, heart healthy type soup as long as it doesn't have chunks/I strain it/blend it smooth. So I have a bunch of stuff like Progresso light Alfredo, light pot pie, etc. I've just strained or blended them. I've also been living on Tomato Soup. Add some Mrs dash garlic herb spice stuff and a little parmesean cheese and it's deeeeelish.

My doc doesn't or hasn't said anything about sodium. I think it's cause we can't eat enough for it to matter. I've yet to go over the daily sodium amount on myfitnesspal.

Edited by Sarahjane79

Surgery is upcoming on the 10th!! I'm excited and the liquid diet is in full swing. I am so glad to have started this journey

Thanks ladies!

I am able to have any kind if light, healthy request, heart healthy type soup as long as it doesn't have chunks/I strain it/blend it smooth. So I have a bunch of stuff like Progresso light Alfredo, light pot pie, etc. I've just strained or blended them. I've also been living on Tomato Soup. Add some Mrs dash garlic herb spice stuff and a little parmesean cheese and it's deeeeelish.

My doc doesn't or hasn't said anything about sodium. I think it's cause we can't eat enough for it to matter. I've yet to go over the daily sodium amount on myfitnesspal.

So blended to smooth soups DO count as liquid? I wasn't sure since they would still be kind of thick. This is all so confusing!

I am day one liquid diet 9 MORE DAYS! Lol I am allowed SF Jello and pops as well. Still watching my husband figure it out in the kitchen is the best part.

Yay! Yeah my SO is at a loss too. :lol: But hey, practice makes perfect as I tell him! :P

So blended to smooth Soups DO count as liquid? I wasn't sure since they would still be kind of thick. This is all so confusing!

I hear ya! Basically as long as it's of the healthy/light variety and it doesn't have chunks in it, I can eat it. So I either strain it, or I've put it in my magic bullet to blend it. Those were directions from my nut. I'd prefer go blend it then strain it. Hah

I'm just thankful to get any broth down at all. The sleeve is seriously spasming when I try to drink things. Room temp is the best I've found so far.

Any suggestions on juice that sat well for any of you?

I'm just thankful to get any broth down at all. The sleeve is seriously spasming when I try to drink things. Room temp is the best I've found so far. Any suggestions on juice that sat well for any of you?

Half Water half white grape Jucie was great for me.

Well tomorrow is the day! Slept well but woke up somewhat early and couldn't fall back asleep because of all the thoughts going through my head. Definitely snuggled my daughter extra tight. Hope I sleep well tonight. I will update when I get a check-in time :)

Edit: Just got the call, check in is at 6:30am!

Edited by kb88

Well tomorrow is the day! Slept well but woke up somewhat early and couldn't fall back asleep because of all the thoughts going through my head. Definitely snuggled my daughter extra tight. Hope I sleep well tonight. I will update when I get a check-in time :) Edit: Just got the call, check in is at 6:30am!

Good luck!!! Keep us posted!!