Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What sort of leak tests do you perform? Will I have a drain? Will I have a private room? Will I have an abdominal binder? What will I be given for pain medicine? What is the average # of nights in the hospital?

Looking forward to the answers!!

Looking forward to the answers!!

My surgeon does no after-surgery leak tests, just during. He said if it's going to happen it's going to happen. He's only had one leak in the past three years and ~1,000 surgeries he's done at Kaiser. Not sure about his statistics of when he was out in Orange County though.

No drain either.

He wrote me a prescription that I am going to drop off two days before surgery since I guess that is how long it takes to mix them. One is liquid Zofran for nausea, one is a liquid antacid, and the last is a liquid painkiller. Can't remember the name of it though.

Should only be an overnight stay in the hospital.

I can't remember what the other questions were, but feel free to ask!

Edited by kb88

My surgeon does no after-surgery leak tests, just during. He said if it's going to happen it's going to happen. He's only had one leak in the past three years and ~1,000 surgeries he's done at Kaiser. Not sure about his statistics of when he was out in Orange County though.

No drain either.

He wrote me a prescription that I am going to drop off two days before surgery since I guess that is how long it takes to mix them. One is liquid Zofran for nausea, one is a liquid antacid, and the last is a liquid painkiller. Can't remember the name of it though.

Should only be an overnight stay in the hospital.

I can't remember what the other questions were, but feel free to ask!

Who is your surgeon? Mine doesn't do a post-op leak tests and only has had one leak too. Dr. Pham?

Who is your surgeon? Mine doesn't do a post-op leak tests and only has had one leak too. Dr. Pham?

What a coincidence! Maybe they went to school together lol. No, his name is Dr. Chin

Your very welcome. I hope it gets better for you. I have found out about eating too fast or that one last bite too much for dinner. I have that knot in my chest that is slowly subsiding. This new stomach has a mind of it's own which is much better than the one in my head. LOL

Hey Jencovi, Sorry to hear your having sleeping problems. Im 9 days out and sleeping ok. Get up 2x a night but that's normal. Everything is going really good. It's a whole new way of eating which I'm learning to do.

Here is a link to the forum w/others who are having those problems. Hang in there I hope it gets better.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/index.php?showtopic=299115&view=getnewpost

Anyone else struggling to sleep? I am lucky to get 2-3 hours a night and its killing me. I can't imagine getting through my day today. But u have a NUT and an Endo appointment.

What a coincidence! Maybe they went to school together lol. No, his name is Dr. Chin

Maybe! Dr. Pham is in Orange County. Maybe they worked together. Lol.

My surgeon does no after-surgery leak tests, just during. He said if it's going to happen it's going to happen. He's only had one leak in the past three years and ~1,000 surgeries he's done at Kaiser. Not sure about his statistics of when he was out in Orange County though. No drain either. He wrote me a prescription that I am going to drop off two days before surgery since I guess that is how long it takes to mix them. One is liquid Zofran for nausea, one is a liquid antacid, and the last is a liquid painkiller. Can't remember the name of it though. Should only be an overnight stay in the hospital. I can't remember what the other questions were, but feel free to ask!

binder, private room, avg nights???

I Am home resting. Gassy but walking and sipping and resting.

binder, private room, avg nights???

For my doc, yes to binder, yes to private room, and 1 avg night

I Am home resting. Gassy but walking and sipping and resting.

Glad to hear you're doing well and resting. :)

Just had surgery yesterday, I was in a large amount of pain last night. Now I have only 1 more hour until ice chips. I bet they taste amazing! Still unhappily gassy :( but been up walking around and took a shower.

Thanks for all the support all!

Just had surgery yesterday, I was in a large amount of pain last night. Now I have only 1 more hour until ice chips. I bet they taste amazing! Still unhappily gassy :( but been up walking around and took a shower. Thanks for all the support all!

I was HAPPILY gassy. Lol

I was HAPPILY gassy. Lol

Ha! I'm alive so I believe I should be happy about everything. :)

Ha! I'm alive so I believe I should be happy about everything. :)

Of course I meant finally passing gas. Lord, not that trapped gas pain. That was bad.

Of course I meant finally passing gas. Lord, not that trapped gas pain. That was bad.

It was terrible. Definitely the worst pain and source of me questioning my decision for the first couple days. It was the best thing when I finally farted. Hahaha