Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

although it's not funny when you went through it, it's hysterical to read.I can imagine the people at the table unaware that they were to get special sound effects w/their lunch. Too bad when walking past the table you didn't say something like Man those ribs are killers. So glad your feeling better.

Tomorrow is 1 wk for me. WOW time is flying by.

Girl, I'd try it. If nothing else you'll get rid of a ton of gas. Today my sis invited me to lunch (I just had a lemon water) at Rib Crib and all at once I had to go potty. Right then!!!! Of course there was someone in the stupid restroom so, just as I started to use the men's room instead of crapping in the hall, a kid comes out. I run in there n barely make it in time. But I had so much gas it was crazy. And loud. It was so loud I was feeling sorry for the table of people not far from the bathroom door. When I was finished up inside the restroom and walked past that table they all stated at my in disbelief. Yeah... I think I ruined their lunch. But I felt better n that's really all that counts. Lol

I know Sherry, it was funny in retrospect. I so should've at least said "avoid the spicy ones" or something!!!

I'm glad you're doing so great, we are gonna be totally different people a year from now. Mentally and physically. Stronger in both ways :) I'm excited for that change.

I can't thank you all for the inspiring stories and how you've supported each other. Surgery is 4 days away for me (Thursday) and I have been able to be light hearted thanks to you all. :)

Any suggestions on things you had wished you had gotten done before surgery (shaved legs, cut hair, more Water intake, more pooping!) that I can learn from?

My want-tos are helping me get to the finish line (thanks Jencovi!) and not freak out too bad.

Melissa

I can't thank you all for the inspiring stories and how you've supported each other. Surgery is 4 days away for me (Thursday) and I have been able to be light hearted thanks to you all. :)

Any suggestions on things you had wished you had gotten done before surgery (shaved legs, cut hair, more Water intake, more pooping!) that I can learn from?

My want-tos are helping me get to the finish line (thanks Jencovi!) and not freak out too bad.

Melissa

Just relax as much and as best you can. I did shave my legs before I went. SF sent me a great list of things to pack. Unfortunately I was so out of it I didn't really need any of it. But she suggested an extension cord for electronics that was super helpful. I had to go buy one but it was totally worth it.

Drinking plenty of Water is always a good thing. Also bring your own pillow. I was so much more comfortable with my own pillow. I used my two hospital pillows to prop up my IV hand and to brace my stomach when I coughed. Gosh, I can't believe that was only 10 days ago...

I can't thank you all for the inspiring stories and how you've supported each other. Surgery is 4 days away for me (Thursday) and I have been able to be light hearted thanks to you all. :) Any suggestions on things you had wished you had gotten done before surgery (shaved legs, cut hair, more Water intake, more pooping!) that I can learn from? My want-tos are helping me get to the finish line (thanks Jencovi!) and not freak out too bad. Melissa

i wish I'd gotten my Rx filled before surgery so I wouldn't have to wait for them a day afterward. Also, I am glad I colored my new growth before I went in. It made me feel better about myself :)

Hey SF

These are the things we can look back on and laugh at. Laughter is the best medicine.

I feel so much better today than yesterday and so on. 1 wk tomorrow was surgery. What a difference a week makes.

I'm so looking forward to a normal size.

I went to a huge consignment shop today to look for a pic I saw the last time I was there. I was able to get it at 1/2 price. The one employee asked my friend and I if we'd like to do an interview for their promotion. I thought 6 mo's from now I'd jump at the chance but until then I think I'll stay out of the lime light. LOL. They were videoing a tall, thin blonde.

I drove the 32 miles to Phoenix, walked the whole warehouse consignment and drove back. Had a Protein shake, took a 1/2 hr nap and I'm up and feeling good.

Glad we're on the mend and to the new us.

I know Sherry, it was funny in retrospect. I so should've at least said "avoid the spicy ones" or something!!!

I'm glad you're doing so great, we are gonna be totally different people a year from now. Mentally and physically. Stronger in both ways :) I'm excited for that change.

I showered again today, and I feel like a new person. I keep getting weird spasm or pains in my upper stomach esophagus. It's real weird and I don't like it. Hah. I did decide to try and not take pain meds to see how it goes, and I'm not sure it was a good idea.

Hey SF These are the things we can look back on and laugh at. Laughter is the best medicine. I feel so much better today than yesterday and so on. 1 wk tomorrow was surgery. What a difference a week makes. I'm so looking forward to a normal size. I went to a huge consignment shop today to look for a pic I saw the last time I was there. I was able to get it at 1/2 price. The one employee asked my friend and I if we'd like to do an interview for their promotion. I thought 6 mo's from now I'd jump at the chance but until then I think I'll stay out of the lime light. LOL. They were videoing a tall, thin blonde. I drove the 32 miles to Phoenix, walked the whole warehouse consignment and drove back. Had a Protein Shake, took a 1/2 hr nap and I'm up and feeling good. Glad we're on the mend and to the new us.

Glad to see you're up and staying busy. Today I started packing and picked up the box of stuff. It didn't seem heavy at all but I started hurting. Now I'm gonna nap or something. Maybe I won't feel as sore afterward.

I showered again today, and I feel like a new person. I keep getting weird spasm or pains in my upper stomach esophagus. It's real weird and I don't like it. Hah. I did decide to try and not take pain meds to see how it goes, and I'm not sure it was a good idea.

I just had to take some Bc I was a dummy and lifted a box and strained my stomach muscles :(

I just had to take some Bc I was a dummy and lifted a box and strained my stomach muscles :(

Yeah, I'm almost wondering if it's from just showering and all that comes along with getting ready and feeling like a normal person. Hah.

STOP LIFTING BOXES!!

It was light. I know it wasn't over 15 pounds. It was probably only 5 pounds.

Did any of you ladies have a hiatal hernia repair at the same time as your VSG?

Thought I had one but come to find out I didn't after all.

Did any of you ladies have a hiatal hernia repair at the same time as your VSG?

I will be having my repaired with my WLS on Tuesday. :-)