Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In my third month of this process. Feb 14th will mark a full three months. At the last appointment I was down 25 pounds and was feeling like I could do this. Since then, not so much. I have not lost a single pound, not an ounce. WTH!!!!! I am sticking to the plan (NUT has me following Weight Watchers Points plan) weighing and measuring my foods, no longer eating out, eating healthy and have totally given up carbs). I am supposed to loose at least another 10 pounds before I can be scheduled for surgery and my weight loss has come to a screeching halt. And to top it off one of the the diet meds they have me on Phentermine and Topamax is making me itch like crazy (just my hands and feet) so I am living on benedryl and having to get off the diet meds to figure out which one I am having a reaction to. I am feeling very discouraged right now. :-( My doctor hasn't given me a surgery date yet so it's all up in the air. Feeling really bummed. Someone please tell me this is all gonna be worth it.

I was feeling so good too but as I get closer to being approved, I feel less confident. I feel like I coulda posted this. I had a food funeral tonight too. Just all around discouraged!

Jensnewjourney it must be going around. I resisted the temptation tonight to dive into a keylime pie but I am still not looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. Trying to stay positive. The longer I have to wait the harder it seems to get. Praying for strength.

Jensnewjourney it must be going around. I resisted the temptation tonight to dive into a keylime pie but I am still not looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. Trying to stay positive. The longer I have to wait the harder it seems to get. Praying for strength.

I did not resist the temptation. I had my first food funeral. I planned on 3. I'm so miserable I think this will be the last. I'm frustrated. :(

I'm on for 2-14-14 started my 2 week liquid diet today

I'm on for 2-14-14 started my 2 week liquid diet today

Happy Valentine's Day! Lol.

I don't even have a date yet and I'm having a food funeral. Today I went on a junk food buying spree at the store, topped off with buying two boxes of Girl Scout Cookies on the way out. Wth is wrong with me!? I don't even want it anymore. But it felt good to buy it for some reason *shrug*.

I went to the support group Thursday evening, and I really enjoyed listening to the unbiased, real and heart-felt stories. Everyone had great progress but also sheared their struggles. I will definitely be going to those after surgery.

Friday is my bariatrician appointment.. Fingers crossed that I get in with the surgeon soon after that. Work is going to be a problem, there are only two designers at my job, me being one of them, and the other one goes on maternity leave in April. My boss really needs me there by then. So needless to say I'm getting antsy.

Edited by kb88

My date is 2/24/14 with Dr. Cavaretta in Buffalo, NY :) I go for pre admission testing at the hospital on 2/4, a liver reduction class on 2/5 and start the liver reduction diet on 2/14.

I remember hanging up with the surgery scheduler and thinking, "oh my god... Shit just got real!" Then my nerves kicked in!

Well the weekend weigh in wasn't as bad as expected I am down a pound this week so that is encouraging. Two more weeks to make a dent in it before another monthly weigh in then hopefully a surgery date. Figured out that the phentermine is what is making me itch. If I take a Zyrtec it is manageable. I tried going a couple days without it and the itch stopped but man did the munchies kick in. I didn't realize how much it was working until I stopped taking it. Note to self...this is good stuff. Oh and pants are fitting loose. Yay!! Feeling better and more encouraged this week. :-)

Hey everyone! My date is February 10th! I am excited and nervous all at once!!!! So ready for a new and improved version of myself:)

Just got the call with my surgery date! 3/3/14....so excited I finally have a date!

Got my date yesterday. It's March 6th. Anyone else with that date?

Mine is March 4. In Ypsilanti Michigan

I had a scare this morning - I have all my doctor's/nut/check up appointments on 2/10 - all day. Then my psych eval on the 18th. I got a card in the mail for Jury duty on 2/10!! NOOOOOO!!!!! I called, and jury duty has been pushed out to the 24th - PHEW! Don't mess with my appointments, people!

Just had a follow-up with surgeon. He is submitting to insurance this week. Scheduled my EGD for Monday. So now I just pray that insurance approves quickly and the EGD doesn't have any bad results that will slow me down. I'm still hoping for surgery the last week of February. Dr. said to start liquid diet next week after EGD.

Just got a call from my doctor's office and I am scheduled for surgery!!! March 17th. I have to lose 14 pounds before then or they will postpone the surgery. NOW IT'S REAL!!! YIKES!!!! EXCITED AND SCARED AT THE SAME TIME!!