Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Patiently waiting!

Keep up the good work! This is wonderful!

Yes once I get my date I will definitely join /create the month of group ! That's a fantastic idea ... And I couldn't agree more with everyone this far it's such a relief to know I can come on here an read away and chat to people as well and get that extra support . I'm sure I'm not the only one that has that one person in their life that is dead against the life change and so critical and judgemental ! I love reading the good and bad it really helps prepare you even more mentally and know what to expect physically .

Nope you aren't the only one that has that critical person in their life! My parents would kill me if they knew I was doing it.... So I'm gonna wait and tell em after the fact. My "wonderful" ass of a husband, keeps saying " just seems stupid to go thru all that". He really doesn't get it. His fear is I'm gonna get on shape and not want him anymore..... Truth is I don't wanna be in this marriage NOW! Lol and he's been told that. I think he's trying to wait for me to have the surgery and then he has something besides himself to blame it on. Hahahaha

Point I was trying to make is that no matter who or what we do in life, there's always gonna be a critic in the background with a reason "it won't work". We have to be strong an know to come here and get all the help we need. We have an amazing support system here and I personally treasure it heart and soul!!!

Yes misty I hear you and I don't let it discourage me my family and my bf are very supportive but one of my good friends which is also a bigger girl does nothing but run this surgery down and constantly give pure attitude and tells me it's the easy way out ! Which in fact it's not a miracle surgery that u just lose the weight you have to be willing to change your entire life style and work your a$$ off to get the results you want ! It just bothers me for the fact that she doesn't have to have it done and it's my life an my choice we all know if it was a matter of being

More active to become the healthy person we are trying to be by having this surgery we would all do so right?!? And she's made the comments like great I'll be the only " fat friend" well we live in canada where this surgery is free to us ( aside from the Optifast shakes) so if she truly wanted to make the change for the better she could do so as well .... Or you know become more

active since in her mind that's all it takes lmao . I don't let it upset/ hurt my feelings but it really is more of a piss of then a deterrent! Aside

From her I have an amazing support circle and I'm even more happy to have all of yous

As well :)

Well The wait is over !!!! I got the call about a hour ago and Feb 10th is my surgery date :) such a exciting day

Congrats!!

Congratulations!! Where in Canada are you from? I am in MB my surgery is Jan 20 in Alberta. Good luck!

Well The wait is over !!!! I got the call about a hour ago and Feb 10th is my surgery date :) such a exciting day

Omg I am so happy for u! I have been following ur journey on the boards. You so deserve this! Good luck and we will be anxiously awaiting the update! :)

Congrats on your surgery date !!!!!mine is the 22nd of this month I'm nervous but I believe accepting that I needed this surgery to help me and putting forth all the effort it took to get approved is what's helping my nerves right now. Life is about to change this is such a blessing

I am exactly where you are. I'm sitting by the phone waiting for the MD to call me today after reviewing the last tests. I feel that I can't plan anything until I have the surgery date or it will all fall through. I have been trying so hard to do the pre-op shake diet and but with the uncertainty I'm cheating and making myself feel bad about that. It's amazing how much guilt we pile on ourselves by just eating. I have seen 6 diet commercials in the last 2 minutes and all it dies is make me hungry.

It is so wonderful reading everyone else's comments, I actually feel normal!! :rolleyes:

You are all in FABULOUS company, don't forget it!!! Keeping each other healthy and sane!

Congrats on your surgery date !!!!!mine is the 22nd of this month I'm nervous but I believe accepting that I needed this surgery to help me and putting forth all the effort it took to get approved is what's helping my nerves right now. Life is about to change this is such a blessing

Good luck today on your surgery kimybelle!!!! Keep us up to date in how everything goes :)