Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello it has been a long time since I have been on here or on Fitness Pal. I have sort of given up. I eat everything in moderation, I have not exercised in a lonnnnngggg while. I have been banded since March 8,2013. I have not gained nor have I lost anymore. But I have lost in inches, it shows in all of my clothes. I eat more than I should, i just feel hungry after eating 1 cup which is what they say I should be eating.I drink lots of Water trying to get rid of the hungry feeling. I don't want to give up, I want to reach my goal weight. I just need to quit making excuses and JUST DO IT, I DID NOT GO THROUGH THIS SURGERY FOR NOTHING! I so want to get to onederland! Any advice, reprimand or encouragement will be greatly appreciated.10 cc band and it is filled to 6.0, I am starving!!! :blush:

I can only speak for myself.... I needed to EXERCISE.....

This is coming from a 53 year old certified COUCH POTATO.

Exercising + Lapband = SUCCESS

I couldn't walk more than two city blocks on our last family vacation (Aug., '12). Actually used a wheel chair going through museums in Chicago.

My husband and I joined Planet Fitness this past June (June '13). Couldn't walk more than 10 minutes on the treadmill. Now doing an hour a day on elliptical SIX days a week....

Husband has lost 43 pounds (exercising and watching refined carbs).

I find that exercising is helping me with the weight loss (and most definitely the energy level ) until I get in the green zone.

It was a killer at first..... But, it's what I needed.

2014~~~~ GET MOVING!!!!!

Start with a fifteen (or ten) minute walk.

Then, do that AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

I also find that when I exercise, I make better food choices bc I don't want to blow all of that hard work! YOU CAN DO IT!

YOU CAN DO IT!

YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!!

Hi there!

Boy can I relate!!! I got my band in 2011 and started strong and continued that way with loss and gains along the way. I'm still trying to get to my goal, 30 lbs. to go, its a struggle and I know I need to workout and follow a strict diet to lose even with my band.

Don't give up it takes time to make the band work for you I'm still learning that.

Tania

well, inches loss means you are losing true and actual weight, no matter what the scale says..seems as if you are doing a great job...eat clean (eat Protein filled foods to fill you up) and def keep on doing what you are doing as it is WORKING.......congrats to you

and you are right, if we stop making excuses just get on with it, we will succeed..

Go for a check up. A small fill might just be what you need to help with hunger. And remember to get your Protein in.

Best wishes!

Hello it has been a long time since I have been on here or on Fitness Pal. I have sort of given up. I eat everything in moderation, I have not exercised in a lonnnnngggg while. I have been banded since March 8,2013. I have not gained nor have I lost anymore. But I have lost in inches, it shows in all of my clothes. I eat more than I should, i just feel hungry after eating 1 cup which is what they say I should be eating.I drink lots of Water trying to get rid of the hungry feeling. I don't want to give up, I want to reach my goal weight. I just need to quit making excuses and JUST DO IT, I DID NOT GO THROUGH THIS SURGERY FOR NOTHING! I so want to get to onederland! Any advice, reprimand or encouragement will be greatly appreciated.10 cc band and it is filled to 6.0, I am starving!!! :blush:

Jackie, have you spoken to a nutritionist? Sometimes, if we are not eating the proper foods, even though we are only partaking 1 cup, we will continue to be hungry. Protein 1st, then veggies, trying to stay away from carbs. Then as recommended, start to exercise! Best wishes, you can break the impasse! Happy New Year. Karen..aka.kll724

Hi there, you are saddling up -- I can hear it. This is going to be your year of health. You're well on your way, feeling better, losing inches and eating in moderation, recognizing hunger, etc. How about calling for an appointment as that sure doesn't sound like the Green Zone. And find a class or a gym or a block to walk around every day -- you are going to start shedding. Yippee!

Well I am unable to exercise because of my fibro and I have lost 120lbs with no exercise. Your body will lose if you decrease your calorie intake with out exercise. It may be slower and take you longer but you can lose weight without any exercise.

i like hearing this. my knees are giving out on me. last night on the treadmill i almost buckled under. it made me cry. talking to my dog i asked what else could go wrong? i want to lose some more wt. before knee replacement surgery but i think the time has come. but this is one of the many reasons i got wls. my physical problems don't allow a full workout.

Well I am unable to exercise because of my fibro and I have lost 120lbs with no exercise. Your body will lose if you decrease your calorie intake with out exercise. It may be slower and take you longer but you can lose weight without any exercise.

If I told my Dr. what you have said...it would be what he would want to hear in order to justify a fill.....especially about the hunger part...that was usually his first question, and compare it to my weigh in weight.

I know it is not proper to compare fill amounts, but I am at 7cc in a 10cc band...prior to that I had 6cc's, and it was 50-50 for me...could get by fir a short while between meals, then the hunger would return in vengeance....

And I could not get by after dinner without having to snack before bedtime....

So he gave me 1cc, for a total of 7....that put me over the top...

Again, everyone is different and should not compare the amount of saline to another's...it's whether or not the band is working for you that is the most important....

I always eat Protein first, because I may not be able to get to the other stuff....

Edited by B-52

If you are hungry...you need a fill...go in asap and keep going until you find that right level of help from your band

Thank you everyone for the positive remarks, advice and sharing of your knowledge!

If you are hungry...you need a fill...go in asap and keep going until you find that right level of help from your band

I am swinging from 2-3 lbs up and down. I know I need a fill...see my dr next week. I haven't had a fill yet. I take quite alot of medication...up to almost 30 pills a day. I have to find a way to take pills if I get a fill b/c this morning got alot of pain in chest and a severe headache pbing saliva. I feel so sick. I ate Breakfast this am and drank a hot cup of green tea first then ate good. How can I get over this and not be scared to get a fill b/c I might not get my pills down? Any suggestions?