Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Other peoples Comments

Everyday at work I get comments on how good I'm looking after my surgery. I've lost 56lbs already since October 24th. Maybe I'm just being a brat but it annoys the crap out of me when people call me skinny...uhhh have u seen me, I'm still fat at 218lbs and want to lost almost 60 more lbs. I'm not skinny! Not yet anyway. Am I just being mean or are others bothered by comments like that?

I agree.... at christmas a family member said "hey there slim" :huh: ...and next to that is the question that boils my blood...."how much have you lost?" I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out people!!!! :angry:

Edited by De-jo

Yeah, my aunt and my mother kept commenting on how skinny my butt was getting when I visited for Christmas. I didn't think I could be embarrassed, but that did it! What else could expect though from my mother who gave me a sexy negligee for my 30th birthday because she was worried about my continuing single status.

Thing is, I don't see my skinny butt. I only see my baggy-butt pants, because I have to buy my pants a size or two bigger to fit my stubborn waistline. All I see is the 30 lbs hanging on in my midsection. So I guess it's a good thing that someone notices my progress. Reminds me to not be so hard on myself. No one else is.

That's the comment that bothers me the least! :) I like that one. Haha

Yeah, my aunt and my mother kept commenting on how skinny my butt was getting when I visited for Christmas. I didn't think I could be embarrassed, but that did it! What else could expect though from my mother who gave me a sexy negligee for my 30th birthday because she was worried about my continuing single status. <br><br> Thing is, I don't see my skinny butt. I only see my baggy-butt pants, because I have to buy my pants a size or two bigger to fit my stubborn waistline. All I see is the 30 lbs hanging on in my midsection. So I guess it's a good thing that someone notices my progress. Reminds me to not be so hard on myself. No one else is.

I feel you on the stubborn waistline my pants are so loose in the legs but my waist isn't loose.

Most of my comments come from coworkers. And then they touch me all over like to feel my weight loss and that's offensive to me also. I don't go touching other people like that why do they feel they have to touch me.

Yeah, my aunt and my mother kept commenting on how skinny my butt was getting when I visited for Christmas. I didn't think I could be embarrassed, but that did it! What else could expect though from my mother who gave me a sexy negligee for my 30th birthday because she was worried about my continuing single status. <br><br> Thing is, I don't see my skinny butt. I only see my baggy-butt pants, because I have to buy my pants a size or two bigger to fit my stubborn waistline. All I see is the 30 lbs hanging on in my midsection. So I guess it's a good thing that someone notices my progress. Reminds me to not be so hard on myself. No one else is.

I feel you on the stubborn waistline my pants are so loose in the legs but my waist isn't loose.

Most of my comments come from coworkers. And then they touch me all over like to feel my weight loss and that's offensive to me also. I don't go touching other people like that why do they feel they have to touch me.

Sorry but that is just creepy...Tell them to keep their hands to themselves.....oh my!!!!!!!!!

I get called skinny sometimes & I personally just hate that word. To me, skinny is frail & unhealthy & weak. I am not now, nor do I EVER desire to be, skinny. Healthy? Yes. Strong? Yes. Curvy? You know it. Skinny? No way, Jose.

I feel you on the stubborn waistline my pants are so loose in the legs but my waist isn't loose. Most of my comments come from coworkers. And then they touch me all over like to feel my weight loss and that's offensive to me also. I don't go touching other people like that why do they feel they have to touch me.

That's beyond rude!!

I get called skinny sometimes & I personally just hate that word. To me, skinny is frail & unhealthy & weak. I am not now, nor do I EVER desire to be, skinny. Healthy? Yes. Strong? Yes. Curvy? You know it. Skinny? No way, Jose.

I'm with you on this! I get called skinny-mini...yuk I have never wanted to be skinny - and I am no where NEAR skinny anyway!

Yeah, there's one person at work who now calls me Skinny Mini. It's not my favorite, and I'm hoping she'll get tired of it or just forget after a while... but I know she's just acknowledging my hard work, so I take it in the spirit she intends.

When someone asks how much I've lost, I tell them with a BIG grin. I'm thrilled that they care (even if it's just curiosity) , and that I then have the opportunity to brag.

No one has tried to touch me as reported above - Now THAT is weird! - and I would not tolerate it if anyone did. I would stop the person with a stare and a step away, and after a drawn out silence I would say, slowly and with intense eye contact, DO NOT do that again.

I have a question for you, I just recently decided to have gastric bypass, but when I went to my doctor he gave me the option of having the gastric sleeve, I am not sure which is the better option for me. I want to see if anyone out there has had one of the other and tell me what they are happy about and why they had one or the other?

I have a question for you, I just recently decided to have gastric bypass, but when I went to my doctor he gave me the option of having the gastric sleeve, I am not sure which is the better option for me. I want to see if anyone out there has had one of the other and tell me what they are happy about and why they had one or the other?

You will find heaps of info about the sleeve on the sleeve forums here. If you are using the website, you can click Forums at the top and choose All Forums. The sleeve is the first section of forums. There is also the Big Book of the Gastric Sleeve, written by Alex Brecher. You can use the search feature here for "sleeve RNY" or similar terms and find tons and tons of threads discussing the pros and cons. Naturally the people who had sleeve will be pro-sleeve and the people who had RNY will be pro-RNY.

I was planning Gastric Bypass all the way. Had done almost all my appointments when I went to the seminar and changed to the sleeve. I liked not rerouting my intestines. I didn't really understand what the sleeve was before, and once I did the research I knew that I had changed my mind. I had surgery three months ago and still happy with my decision. 52 lbs down.