Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet phase

I am 14 days Postop and my diet consist of full liquids. I'm so hungry!!! I feel like I just want to eat everything. I attempt to get Protein down, buts hard. I have a lot of trouble just getting plain Water down. I attempt to drink 32 ounces or more water per day however I'm lucky to get down one bottle of 16 ounces. I still have another wk on this phase I'm burned out on mushy foods and creamed Soups. And on day 21 I can start soft foods but I will have to purée the meat. I was told that during surgery they would be removing most of the hunger hormones... My foot I'm starving. I've recluse to my rm. Is anyone else going thru this?

Your hunger could be coming from acid. Did your doctor prescribe an acid reducer or approve use of one? I find if I feel hunger, it's actually acid and once I take a Prilosec, that feeling goes away.

On the Water front...I couldn't stand plain Water in any form - hot, room temp or cold. I was a plain water drinker prior to surgery, so this came as a shock. Plain water had almost a gritty texture in my mouth. I got dehydrated. That was no fun. My doc suggested Vitamin Water Zero, Propel Zero or Powerade Zero (all zero calorie drinks). At first the Vitamin Water Zero did the trick, but the past few weeks, the taste just doesn't sit well, so I'm drinking Propel Zero.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you yes he gave me a list of over the counter ones and I got the chewable precid. I tolerate gator aid well. I'm afraid I'm dehydrated. My skin is so dry and my forehead had wrinkled. Everyday I find I'm taking in a lil moe Water so hopefully I'll get rehydrated.

I am going trough the exact same thing. I am 16 days post op and still have sever nausea. I am also having a hard time getting anything in. I am averaging 32oz of liquid (almond breeze/ water) and 10grams of Protein (muscle milk powder in almond milk) per day.

I am also on a nausea patch that makes me dizzy and have blurred vision but at least I can handle the sick to my stomach feeling a bit more.

I still have 2 more weeks of the full liquid phase per my doctor. I am also lactose intolerant so any cream Soups, enriched milk, ect is out of the question.

As far as being hungry... I am just craving food... my body doesn't need it nor am I starving. Craving food is torture.

Everyone is saying to get on a liquid antacid since I cant tolerate a pill but my doc said there is not a liquid form and not to really worry about getting it in at this point. Though I have been reading that antacids really work for the nausea so I am going to really push to get on one.

My post op appointment is tomorrow and I feel like I just got out of the hospital. I have not left my house since the 19th and am not looking forward to the nauseating car ride there.

Hang in there. I am in the same boat as you are :)

Thank you yes he gave me a list of over the counter ones and I got the chewable precid. I tolerate gator aid well. I'm afraid I'm dehydrated. My skin is so dry and my forehead had wrinkled. Everyday I find I'm taking in a lil moe Water so hopefully I'll get rehydrated.

Just make sipping a priority - carry that bottle with you where ever you go. I would watch the clock or set my phone to chime every 5 minutes and I'd take a sip. It's easier now that I'm 7 weeks out today - It's a habit now to have my Water nearby.

Getting dehydrated sucks...bad. It's hard to get back into hydrated mode. Keep chuggin' away!

Good luck tomorrow! I hope you feel better soon. We sound like we are having the same issues and going thru the same experience. I'm this will pass shortly and we will both be feeling great

You are not alone!

Btw yesterday was another good day it was day 3 on anti acid and I had no nausea and minimal diarrhea. I guess the anti acid makes a difference

My surgeon was very pleased with my progress and my post op on the 3rd. He took me off my nausea patch due to side effects it was causing. He put me on protonix and told me I could swallow it whole (thank God). Today is my 3rd day off the patch and on the antacid. Super nauseated :(

Threw up and am having a super hard time getting Water in today. Just having a hard time in general. Can't wait to feel better.