Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 3 weeks and still on purée.

I am so tired of purée foods. As a matter of fact..I normally get a shake from smoothly king ..45 grams of protein.. Aprox 300 calories. I sip on this in about 3-4 hours. When I try to eat soft foods , not purée, it does not work...I regurgitate too much. I am not taking in enough calories, Water, or my Vitamins. I ann finally tolerating water. But can only drink one glass a day. I am finally tolerating my vitamins, nioxin ..is this normal for 3 weeks out. Am I expecting too much recovery , too soon. In the afternoon, I am so, so tired. I have never felt this in my life. Is this temporary.? This is scaring me. Is this all normal.

I hope you feel better soon.

i am sure you will be fine...cheer up...weakness will soon go away...and you will be happy looking at yourself.

I too am three weeks out and am not feeling any of this, I feel great, but I must add I put on 6lbs after my first week out and haven't lost a thing yet :( so if ur losing be happy x

I am so tired of purée foods. As a matter of fact..I normally get a shake from smoothly king ..45 grams of Protein.. Aprox 300 calories. I sip on this in about 3-4 hours. When I try to eat soft foods , not purée, it does not work...I regurgitate too much. I am not taking in enough calories, Water, or my Vitamins. I ann finally tolerating Water. But can only drink one glass a day. I am finally tolerating my Vitamins, nioxin ..is this normal for 3 weeks out. Am I expecting too much recovery , too soon. In the afternoon, I am so, so tired. I have never felt this in my life. Is this temporary.? This is scaring me. Is this all normal.

---

I'm 3 weeks out today and feel similar to you

Everyone says it will get better. I'm hopeful

Takes me 1.5-2 hours to finish 9oz of a blended Protein Shake

Takes me an hour to get down 8 oz of plain bottled water

On a good day I am probably getting in 30g of Protein and 4 cups of water which is not good at all

My nut and PA want me to get in 50-70g protein and 6-8 cups of water daily

I also had hernia repair which is the where the vast majority of my discomfort and pain come from -- my surgeon prescribed me a pink solution (carafate) to take 3x a day and it has helped a bit with sipping and the hernia pain and pulsing but still no complete relief

I am able to get down my vitamins thank God -- it's the only thing I really look forward too and ice chips

Just tried the liquid in wonton Soup today and that was tasty but not sure if its helping much with energy

Very very weak and tired .. I've been off work for 3 weeks but I need more time possibly another 3 weeks cause it's a big challenge to get enough liquids in

I don't feel comfortable driving anywhere over 5 minutes away -- still feel light/warm headed when I stand up

I'm constipated even tho I have taken 2 colace capsules with no luck yet

I was in ER for dehydration on day 11 and trying to stay positive in this new year for normalcy to come around soon

I had tons of energy prior to VSG and I can't wait to get back to those levels or much closer -- I know I've gone through major surgery and my body needs time to heal and adjust but it's emotionally and physically very challenging for me

I'm continuing to pray on it and focus on the freedom I will have in the near future

Best of luck to you!! PM if you like for support through our struggles

hi...3 weeks and u are still very weak...I wonder how much time i will take...i was too weak after the band...felt miserable....and sleeve is a really major thing isnt it..

i am planning it end of Jan. wish me luck..

I am 17 days out and consuming about 40 - 50 oz of liquid (including my Protein drinks) and 50 - 60 grams or so of Protein a day. I'm lucky if I break 350 calories per day. I am really trying with fluids, I start really early in the day but by late day I am bloated and have a hard time with Water intake. I'm going to pick up some Isopure Fruit drinks today to see if that helps. I've noticed that I just don't have energy if I don't get at least 50-60 grams of protein.

I'm on puree and I thought I'd be pretty excited about that, but nothing really interests me. I've had cottage cheese, a laughing cow cheese wedge, and a tuna/peas/cheese sauce puree so far in the last 3 days or so. The thought of eating 3 times a day is overwhelming, does that change? I watched my family eat pizza/chips and dip on New Years and it didn't even phase me!

I am 17 days out and consuming about 40 - 50 oz of liquid (including my Protein drinks) and 50 - 60 grams or so of Protein a day. I'm lucky if I break 350 calories per day. I am really trying with fluids, I start really early in the day but by late day I am bloated and have a hard time with Water intake. I'm going to pick up some Isopure fruit drinks today to see if that helps. I've noticed that I just don't have energy if I don't get at least 50-60 grams of protein.

I'm on puree and I thought I'd be pretty excited about that, but nothing really interests me. I've had cottage cheese, a laughing cow cheese wedge, and a tuna/peas/cheese sauce puree so far in the last 3 days or so. The thought of eating 3 times a day is overwhelming, does that change? I watched my family eat pizza/chips and dip on New Years and it didn't even phase me!

--- I would suggest trying only 1 of those isopure clear drinks cause they probably the worst drink I've tasted in my lifetime

I'm 3 weeks out today and won't be able to start tuna and cheese until the start of week 5 and I doubt i will be able to even tolerate much cause Water and shake even Soups and yogurt tolerance is pretty low now

I was sleeved on 12-16 so almost three weeks out. Although I'm not having the low energy that you are experiencing, our intake is pretty similar. I'm getting about 30-40 grams of Protein and about 40 ounces of liquid. I called the NUT Monday & all she said was "keep trying." I can't stand the Protein Shakes, they have become the devil since surgery!! I am allowed puréed food so I've been eating cheese, tuna, and a little chicken.

Hopefully things will improve for us!!

I was sleeved on 12-16 so almost three weeks out. Although I'm not having the low energy that you are experiencing, our intake is pretty similar. I'm getting about 30-40 grams of Protein and about 40 ounces of liquid. I called the NUT Monday & all she said was "keep trying." I can't stand the Protein shakes, they have become the devil since surgery!! I am allowed puréed food so I've been eating cheese, tuna, and a little chicken.

Hopefully things will improve for us!!

--

Maybe your energy is coming from the cheese and Tuna/chicken -- I can't start those for a while

I can't wait for my energy to kick up cause this feeling is not fun

My NUT told me to "keep trying" too -- not to sure if they realize how repulsing it is to drink Protein Shakes all day and the pain it causes with hernia repair

Best wishes to you too!

Thanks to all who posted on my concerns three weeks out. Evidently we all have the basic issues .

I can't handle the Protein Shakes anymore, but the best tasting Isopures IMO are Apple Melon and pineapple Orange banana. Sometimes I mix them with my Crystal Light to break up drinking the same flavor all day.

Have you talked to your surgeon/nut about your limitations? I'm still on full liquids and have been getting at least 60oz Fluid and over 60g Protein in since Day 5. shakes, Vitamin Water, Mio and Dasani water, drinkable yogurt, and lots of broth Soups and diluted, strained cream soups with unflavored protein added. I start puréed foods in another 5 days, but I know I will have to still drink plenty of shakes to get my protein in because Even the creamed soupd make me full at this point.

Slvrsax, Are you taking GasX? I was getting really bloated by the middle of the afternoon, too. So full it was a struggle to get my evening fluids in. Taking a walk around the block or Taking GasX really provided relief so I could keep drinking.

Sandisleeve: I also tried the Isopure drinks & almost vomited. I took them all back to GNC including the one I opened! Ugh! The thought of them makes me ill.