Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I'm 16 days post op and a few days ago, I started feeling this sharp pain on my lower left abdominal area, by my belly button. It hurts when I sit and/or lay the wrong way. I can't bend down like I was able to prior to a few days ago. At first, I thought it may be gas but I have regular BM's and I am able to pass gas. Also, the pain is nowhere near my incisions. Has anyone experienced this?

Hello all! I'm 16 days post op and a few days ago, I started feeling this sharp pain on my lower left abdominal area, by my belly button. It hurts when I sit and/or lay the wrong way. I can't bend down like I was able to prior to a few days ago. At first, I thought it may be gas but I have regular BM's and I am able to pass gas. Also, the pain is nowhere near my incisions. Has anyone experienced this?

I haven't but my doctor told me to call if I ever had ant sharp pain in my abdominal . Call your doctor

Hi have u had a chance to Call your doctora?

Hi have u had a chance to Call your doctora?

Yes! He said it's a common side effect and it's my muscles and body recuperating. He said that if I begin to experience fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea, to go to the ER. I hope this goes away soon, it's making me miserable and keeping me from being active.

I'm having the exact same problem. It's been 6 days now and the sharp pain is still there. My doc told me the same thing but it is driving me absolutely crazy!!! I'm 17 days out. I wish I knew how long it lasted.

I had the same thing. Actually mine started when I broke the rules in the first two weeks and ate Pasta at a restaurant during a theater night. It was a big mistake. I felt a lower abdominal pain for days.

I was afraid I had hurt myself, but the doctor told me it was just the muscle that he had pierced, and that it was bruised; he said that it would heal and that I was not in any danger.

He was right. It took another week, but it eventually felt better.

I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly when this went away for me. But I can tell you this is (probably) normal and for me one morning I was getting ready for work and put on some boots then I realized. .. Omg! I just put on my boots! I tested my new range of motion carefully and realized, just like that (snap) all pain was gone.

I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly when this went away for me. But I can tell you this is (probably) normal and for me one morning I was getting ready for work and put on some boots then I realized. .. Omg! I just put on my boots! I tested my new range of motion carefully and realized, just like that (snap) all pain was gone.

Did it steadily get better? Mine keeps getting better then worse again then better...... Yesterday I almost felt like normal but today I could barely handle sitting at my desk. The pain takes my breath away if I'm not careful. Going on 11 days now, so hoping this stitch will pop or whatever will happen so it stops. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Did it steadily get better? Mine keeps getting better then worse again then better...... Yesterday I almost felt like normal but today I could barely handle sitting at my desk. The pain takes my breath away if I'm not careful. Going on 11 days now, so hoping this stitch will pop or whatever will happen so it stops. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Yeah... I thought it was getting better then it seemed like it got alot worse then all of a sudden just gone

Exactly how mine went away! I woke up one morning and realized I was sleeping on my stomach and wondered how the hell I was able to do all that moving without waking up to that pain. The moment I got out of bed, I sneezed and was so happy that it didn't hurt. I was finally able to put on my socks and shoes without any help! Last night, I was cleaning and bending down and it felt amazing to have my range of motion back. Ever since that pain went away, I feel like I'm back to my old self, minus the 30 lbs.

This pain only lasted about a week.For those experiencing this, it will be over soon!

My pain was suddenly gone, too. Went away around week 3.

I'm praying that mine will be suddenly gone too. It's at a constant 3-4 on the pain scale then when I tweak it it shoots up to a 7-8. Can't wait to just be able to get up off my bed with out screaming.