Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What will you be leaving behind in 2013?

Since reading other posts it reminded me of all the cook books, diets, pills, and other fads I tried to lose weight. If I had all the $$$ I spent on them, I would have enough to pay for plastics when I get to the end goal. Oh well, sunk costs, but definitely lesson learned.

Also as others left behind my stomach, and that is absolutely staying behind.

Edited by ribearty

Love this thread GG!

I'm leaving behind 41% of my body.

I'm leaving high cholesterol, borderline diabetes, and high blood pressure behind.

I'm leaving desperation behind.

I'm leaving very low self esteem/self confidence behind.

I'm also leaving behind a couple friends that I realized were toxic and enablers in my life.

I'm very excited about 2014!!

Leaving behind 85 lbs

Thanks RJ I have just recently come to terms about it this summer as I was sitting in the Physcologist office we talked about it, I never told my parents about it or anyone I just stuffed it down deep with food to comfort me and as a buffer against men noticing me. It has caused problems with my husband because after we had our children I lost iinterest in our sex life . He must really love me because he's never cheated on me. I finally told him and he was finally understanding about the situation and never pressures me any more I hope as the New Year progresses I will become more interested . I want to see about us going to a couples counseler to help us work thu it together.

1. My sllep apnea

2. Elevated blood pressure

3. The shame of running into people i havent seen in years and wondering if they're shocked at my 50 - 100lbs weight gain since they last saw me

4. Spending $100 to $150 a week on fast food and sit down restaurants

5. Always being the fattest one in my team photo (each year our P takes a picture of each grade level team and hangs it in the front office so the parents can k iw what their child's teacher looks like. I hate how big i always look compared to my sz 1, sz 8 and sz 12 teammates)

6. Having to teach most of my lessons sitting down because standing for more than 10 minutes straight hurts my knees and feet

7. Constantly wondering/tninking about my next meal

8. Looking forward to times when my husband is coming home late from work so i can sneak and eat an entire McDonald's meal before he gets home, then ride out to Chipotle with him again and eating half a burrito bowl

9. Weighing more than my father, brother and male cousins (and they are by no means super thin guys, but average size and height)

10. The sense of utter failure and defeat because i can't control what i eatlike a normal person.

I am leaving behind the old feelings of not being part of a group........

I have left behind the hurts from my past 40 years ago and am in such a more positive frame of mind.

I will work on letting go of my comfort foods and getting away from my food addiction to sugar......

On a different note, I'm grateful for all my past experiences as painful as they have been, because it has made me who I am. I am working on embracing all aspects of life now. I work on be open to new energy fields and an onslaught of new friends that are like minded like me. I am me and I am a product of my past. Now this is success in my book. Accepting who I am and realizing that I can only control my behaviors and not others.....it is all my choice. Sorry for the rant... :P

Thanks RJ I have just recently come to terms about it this summer as I was sitting in the Physcologist office we talked about it, I never told my parents about it or anyone I just stuffed it down deep with food to comfort me and as a buffer against men noticing me. It has caused problems with my husband because after we had our children I lost iinterest in our sex life . He must really love me because he's never cheated on me. I finally told him and he was finally understanding about the situation and never pressures me any more I hope as the New Year progresses I will become more interested . I want to see about us going to a couples counseler to help us work thu it together.

Good for you hun and you have a good man there that will work with you through all of this..It is fresh and it takes time..But you will come out the other side, closer to him then ever....You will lean on his understanding and patients and will find yourself needing him more then ever...That is a good thing...Sometimes tragedy can make our relationships unbreakable...I really hope that for you... :)

Ohhh how thought provoking.....!!

I'm leaving behind 101 pounds! I'm truly a new me.

I'm leaving behind old habits that I have had for 20 years!

I'm leaving behind all the money spent on my addiction to fast food and sweets! (Wish I could get that back to buy new clothes) :)

I'm leaving behind the feelings of embarrassment at being out in public. ( I truly wouldn't get outta a car and go into the store unless I had too, which is why I loved fast food)

I'm leaving behind a horrible attitude towards people in general.

I'm leaving behind a few unsupportive best friend/friends that when I think back weren't much of friends any way.

I'm leaving behind lots of old feelings of hate towards myself.

I'm leaving behind who I used to be! (Because I want to start a new)

I'm gaining a new life, a new out look, new recipes and a new way to keep myself and my family healthy. I gain a new vigor for life and a way to make it how I want!! And if were really lucky a new baby girl if the adoption goes through. :) (It's just been brought to our attention that a young family member had a baby she doesn't want/plan on taking care of.

We cant have kids on our own (naturally). We did have our son via IVF almost 3 years ago. So this would be such a blessing for us! :)

I'm leaving behind so much and learning/gaining so much more!

Here's to 2014 being a new beginning! :) CHEER'S

I'm gaining a new life, a new out look, new recipes and a new way to keep myself and my family healthy. I gain a new vigor for life and a way to make it how I want!! And if were really lucky a new baby girl if the adoption goes through. :) (It's just been brought to our attention that a young family member had a baby she doesn't want/plan on taking care of.

We cant have kids on our own (naturally). We did have our son via IVF almost 3 years ago. So this would be such a blessing for us! :)

I'm leaving behind so much and learning/gaining so much more!

Here's to 2014 being a new beginning! :) CHEER'S

wow! That is great news E! I am so excited for you guys. I sure hope the adoption goes through for you. Great news.

Thank you GG!!

Were both super excited! Although there is another family member who will also adopt her also so we all need to get the details out and start our process. How I would love to have a little "Lily" baby girl to spoil.... :)

I'm only 2 weeks post op but so far i'll be leaving behind 31 pounds! :)