Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January fitness challenge

Ok , here are my goals for January, upping my walking to 110 miles/month, going to go back to yoga class when it starts up, should get in another 10 classes this month, also going to strength training classes(will try not to complain so loudly about them!), I will also add in 30 min, 4x a week either on the eliptical or recumbent. I only got in 2 miles today, this bronchitis is kicking my butt, I'm sure that having asthma doesn't help, hopefully it will be gone soon. MTD-2 miles

Oh, Butter, you've got to be more careful, you will be running out of toes !

So I started my new year off right.....with a 6.5 mile trail run....and a broken pinkie toe. Yep....it's déjà vu all over again. I just broke a toe back in September and now another one. Tripped over a nasty root. The leaves on the trail this time of year cover up all the obstacles, making it precarious. Icing it right now....hoping I can get a shoe on tomorrow.

ZUMBA!!

I'M BACKKKKK!!! I think I have finally beat the crud! It killed me on the last 2 weeks of the December Challenge. But I am ready for a new month and a new Challenge!

My goal for this month will be:

100 miles walked/biked

weight workout 3 days a week

Minimum of 2 trail hikes at the lake

Today I had a good workout using my garage sale find weight station. I worked out my biceps, triceps and chest. I did high reps with low weight.

I have also walked a total of 4.65 miles today. It has been a great day!

So I started my new year off right.....with a 6.5 mile trail run....and a broken pinkie toe. Yep....it's déjà vu all over again. I just broke a toe back in September and now another one. Tripped over a nasty root. The leaves on the trail this time of year cover up all the obstacles, making it precarious. Icing it right now....hoping I can get a shoe on tomorrow.

Butter, if there was a dislike option for this post about your injury, I would press it and bet a whole lot of other members would follow. Hope you recover soon.

Y'all kill me with all of y'all's fitness!! I feel like such a slacker!! But kudos for sure to ya:)

What part of the south are you from? I'm from Texas.

I'm from Louisiana :)

I believe you were quoting redbean...she's pure Cajun. I'm a Texan too. Little blip on the radar called Tarkington Prairie.

You know what, I am so disappointed in the "results" from Insanity that I am rethinking my January challenge. 30 days in and if I stare really really hard at a photo I can maybe see a TINY change in my ribcage line from behind, otherwise no changes whatsoever - not on the scale, not in the clothes, not in pictures - nothing. Yes, I AM capable of doing SOME of the exercises more thoroughly now, but my balance has not improved.

My point is, is that I have committed in good faith and this program has not delivered. Plus all this cardio I think is actually shooting me in the foot for weight loss, I take in about 1000-1200 cals on Insanity days. What do you think Fiddle?

I'm thinking of dropping Insanity alltogether and just doing weights instead.

You know what, I am so disappointed in the "results" from Insanity that I am rethinking my January challenge. 30 days in and if I stare really really hard at a photo I can maybe see a TINY change in my ribcage line from behind, otherwise no changes whatsoever - not on the scale, not in the clothes, not in pictures - nothing. Yes, I AM capable of doing SOME of the exercises more thoroughly now, but my balance has not improved.

My point is, is that I have committed in good faith and this program has not delivered. Plus all this cardio I think is actually shooting me in the foot for weight loss, I take in about 1000-1200 cals on Insanity days. What do you think Fiddle?

I'm thinking of dropping Insanity alltogether and just doing weights instead.

Globetrotter, I read some on insanity, but seems strange you're not seeing results. They do say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Do you think you may be overdoing it and not getting in enough nutrients or liquids?

Edited by ribearty

Globe you're not giving it enough time to work. You can't expect to see results in 30 days. That's a pipe dream. Fitness is a lifetime pursuit and 30 days is hardly enough time to reshape your body.

Y'all kill me with all of y'all's fitness!! I feel like such a slacker!! But kudos for sure to ya:)

Louisiana here....outside Shreveport

Fiddle, on the contrary…I find this very helpful. While I was swimming the other day I was thinking specifically about how it might help my posture. Despite being a singer, my posture is (overall) piss poor and I have a kyphosis as well. Filing this all away.

Fluff,

I have to say, you are improving my vocabulary. I have had to look up a word in the dictionary at least twice this week to get the definition. I appreciate you helping me with brain fitness also.

Sigh. I'll try to dial it back.

In other news I am battling both a head cold and TOM right now and don't want to move or make anyone else sick. I've put back on 2-3 pounds of Water weight too. Sigh. I'll reevaluate as I get closer to my class time, but I am glad there are 31 days in January.

Okay, whining over.