Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's 2014 Bandsters Welcome!

Yeah I know they say the slower you lose the more likely it is to keep it off and I am trying to keep that in mind but I would really like to lose another 20 by mid April. Is that realistic?? Thats when we go on vacation and I will have to put a swim suit on.

Of course. One pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories so its definitely possible if you're putting in good nutrition and exercise.

I think my band is rejecting me. I still have severe gas pain in my shoulder, which makes it hard to breath.

I think my band is rejecting me. I still have severe gas pain in my shoulder, which makes it hard to breath.

I have had a similar experience.Has been much better the last few days.I noticed a difference when I really started to slowdown on eating and speed up on chewing....

I find after more than an hour of walking I have some left shoulder pain.Warm liquids seem to help.

Keep it up.Mine has slowly gotten better with really sticking to the rules...

Cheers to you!

Of course. One pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories so its definitely possible if you're putting in good nutrition and exercise.

When I think of where we all started I am proud of not dropping the scale...as long as it isn't up all is good.

Time will bring our own goals....

Cheers!

I was banded on the 21st of Jan. Had some major set backs the past to weeks, I woke up this morning with my port site is soar. I also need help figuring out how to drink my than 64 oz of fluids a day. I get so bloated, then don't want to eat.

So I started eating solid food today (I was banded Jan. 27th), and the question of the day is: if I am making some oat meal, do I use the dry weight or with Water added as the amount toward my 5 oz. limit?

Question for y'all. I take 4 pills everyday in addition to my chew-able Vitamins and supplements. Two are small enough I don't have a problem taking them whole. The other two, which are actually two doses of the same thing twice a day, are fairly big, and I cut them into 4 pieces.

My question is, I know we're only supposed to take one pill at a time, but how long do you wait in between swallowing pills or pieces of pills?

Question for y'all. I take 4 pills everyday in addition to my chew-able Vitamins and supplements. Two are small enough I don't have a problem taking them whole. The other two, which are actually two doses of the same thing twice a day, are fairly big, and I cut them into 4 pieces. My question is, I know we're only supposed to take one pill at a time, but how long do you wait in between swallowing pills or pieces of pills?

I have not had any problems taking one pill per swallow right after each other.

I goty first fill today. The darn needle hurt but I am excited to see if there is a difference in the next few days. He filled it to 4cc. Anyone who has had a fill so far how much have you lost after the fill? I know we are all different but it motivates me to hear of everyone else's losses!

I goty first fill today. The darn needle hurt but I am excited to see if there is a difference in the next few days. He filled it to 4cc. Anyone who has had a fill so far how much have you lost after the fill? I know we are all different but it motivates me to hear of everyone else's losses!

I get my fill next Wednesday. Other than the needle, how does it feel?

Banded January 28th. Back to work full duty. Lost 32 pre-op. And lost 13 post-op so far. Glad to have January friends.

Honestly, I don't feel any different. I am on Clear Liquids for the rest of the night and tomorrow full liquids then Dr. said I can progress at my own pace. I am not hungry right now so I have only had a few sips of sugar free hot apple cider. I asked the doctor though if I will feel a difference when I go to eat and he said I most assuredly would so I am looking forward to that. He said if I have lost at least 6 pounds by my next visit in 6 weeks I would not need a fill. I am hopeful to have lost 18 pounds by then!

So I have made some bad choices since I got banded. My first fill is tomorrow and I have to say I am very nervous. After surgery I was doing great. I was not hungry. I did not have any cravings. I wasn't even interested in food. It was just the way I thought it would be. Then.... I got super sick. A horrible horrible respiratory infection which required me to miss work. In our family we feed our colds... to feel better. food is a comfort when I am sick and I have to say in my weakness I resorted back to my old ways and now I am feeling the cravings and making bad choices. Once I realized I could eat regular food I haven't stopped. I will say I eat less, but still frequently.

The reason I am nervous is I now have to go face my surgeon and nutritionist tomorrow...I haven't gained any weight, but I have not lost a pd in over four weeks... I am hoping this is the reality check I need to get back on track and that once I get some Fluid in the band I will not experience the same cravings. I want to get healthier, but it's like this self destructive part of me keeps saying oh just go ahead and have it. I felt so good the next day when I was able to say no to it. It is like the more food I eat the more it feeds that part of my mind and makes it stronger. I didn't expect to feel this way... Please keep me in your thoughts. Maybe I will feel the energy and it will give the me the strength I need to Just Say No to Food! Thanks for listening :)

You can do it Blueturtle!!

I have had a hard time losing weight the past two weeks (once I started back on solid foods. I had lost 38 pounds prior to solid foods. I'm supposed to eat three 5 oz. meals per day. I still feel hungry, and have found it takes six, close to 7 oz. before I feel full. I'm trying to keep my meals down to six ounce portions for now. My first fill is on Wednesday afternoon. I hope this will help me feel full at five oz.

In the meantime, I have tried stepping up my activity level. I went to the gym six days last week, twice on Wednesday. My weight finally started going down again. On this morning's weigh in, I was at 41 pounds loss since I started my pre-surgery diet.

I know this will be a battle, but remember; you are not alone in this battle!!!

Alvey