Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's 2014 Bandsters Welcome!

Ablond, my NP said close to 6 weeks after surgery. Mine was the 9th of jan and my first fill will be feb 17

I went back to work after one week but I have a desk job. I walk sometimes on my breaks at work but it is so darn cold in Jersey that I haven't been walking as much as I would like. I will say this though I feel much more comfortable standing and walking around than I do sitting. And good news one of my co workers said she can tell i am losing weight. This is awesome because I didn't tell anyone at work I had surgery! I go next week to see the doc and will get my first fill. Excited!!!

Billie I was banded on the 21st and I am also still a little weak. Not back to work yet and I feel light headed when I do light house work. I am going to give myself a bit more recovery time. My postoperative appointment is soon and I will discuss it with my surgeon.

Every ones body is different. Don't worry about it ladies I am sure you are fine. Good luck!

Thats what i keep thinking that everyone is different. On my follow up they told me i may very well need the full 6 weeks bcuz i have a physically demanding job. I just know i cant run those.halls for 8 hrs let alone do all the other job functions. Im real sore just from running errands. as far as trying foods, im doing great. I expect the real challenge to come after.the fill!

Thats great! Ive had ppl tell me that too and its the best feeling. My coworkers know i had it bcuz i was too damned excited to keep it to myself lol

Thank you SpartanPrincess for your words of encouragement. Today I was a little better after some housecleaning. Tired this evening but no lightheadedness. Though I had quite a few side twinge. Back to work on Monday so I have to move around in an attempt to prepare for that. Each day a little better. LIFE is so exciting right now.

What do you do for a living BillieG?

Billie I'm with you. I had the lapband and hernia surgery on the 22. I'm still very weak. The soreness is much better other then where the port is. My dr said healing time is 4 to 6 weeks.

Does anyone do hands on care like a nurse or a tech? I was wondering how the return to work went for them. With all the moving around would a longer recovery at home be given?

Can't believe its 4 weeks already since surgery tomorrow! Craaazy! So so glad I did this

I'm out 2.5 weeks. It went by so fast! How is everyone's weight loss? I've lost 24lbs since starting Preop diet on jan 1

Good morning SP. We had surgery on the same date and time. I am feeling great. I have lost 21.5 pounds since post op. I am on soft food now and will go to regular diet next week. My first fill will be Feb. 12-I can't wait.

Hello e everyone. I was banded on January 17th. Doing great so far. I have a question. When do you normally get fill in it band? I don't have any in mine yet.

My doctor scheduled my first first at my 1st week follow up appointment for six weeks after surgery. He said he needs to make sure I have healed all the way before he puts a fill in.

Hope this helps!

Hello all, I'm two days post operation and feel a little sore but getting better every day. The doctor did two surgeries on me; the band and then he pleaded my stomach or placated it. He said that it would help to keep me from feeling hungry. So far he was right, I'm able to eat broth and Italian Ice and those types of things but I do get full quickly. The gas pains suck for the most part, but I have been getting a little bit better on that front. Yesterday, after coming home from the hospital, I didn't rest as much as I should have. That wiped me out! Today I'm going to take it much easier.

Overall, I'm just happy to be on the side of the surgery date, and I'm looking forward to starting my new life.

You are so lucky to have gotten plication. I asked my surgeon to included that in my surgery and he told me no :( He explained why and I understand his reasoning behind it, but still I thought it would help me even more.