Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's 2014 Bandsters Welcome!

Yea I'm pretty excited they said I could eat mushiness on Tuesday and I have a follow up that day. I'm feeling good despite these crappy gas pains. I bet ur excited to do the mashies part.

I'm on day 2 post op. I'm very uncomfortable. I ended up needing a surprise hernia surgery as well as the lap band. The incisions really hurt. And the gas as well. But I'm so excited to start my journey with weight loss. I can start mushies on Sunday. One new mushy a day.

Good morning, all! I had my post-op visit yesterday with the nurse, and she said everything looked great (I was banded on 1/10/14). I finally found out where my port was! :)

I am still losing weight, albeit more slowly, and am really trying to watch what I eat, although the nurse said that a weight gain is fine at this point. She said the main idea is to heal. Right now, I've lost a little over 23 lbs.

She also moved me off mushy foods and onto soft foods - yay! I'll stay on those until the 31st, and then get to move to regular foods. I've decided to make this my week for really planning my diet in the weeks ahead, so I'm sorting through recipes and making my grocery list. I feel like this is a whole new life for me!

My first appointment for a fill is on February 18th - I asked that it be after the weekend of the 14th because I will be out of town at a business retreat, and will be eating out a lot, so I figured that would be easier.

Hope everyone here is doing well!

I will be eating baked fish and eggs everyday thank u very much!! one of the few things that doesnt need pureed! And high in Protein

Feeling better today. Gas pain has subsided greatly. Was able to eat some watery oatmeal today. Still feel a lot of gas rolling around in my stomach.

I was banded Tuesday. The pain in my shoulder has gone but the gas is still there, just not as much. I have been walking laps in my house and swinging my left arm. Dr. just called me and he said to take some milk of magnesium to help with the girgling in my stomach.

I was banded wed. They also saw that I had a hernia and had to treat it. I'm so sore and the gas is terrible. I'm on a liquid diet now but can start w mushies on Sunday. I'm also meeting w the dietician Sunday.

Wow ur lucky i had a whole week of Clear Liquids then a week of full liquids. Just starting mashies today! Cant wait to scramble an egg!! Soon as kids r on this bus...

Day 3 post op. I'm hungry but can only drink a bit of Soup before I feel like I'm filled to the top but I'm still hungry. Advise please.

Day 3 post op. I'm hungry but can only drink a bit of Soup before I feel like I'm filled to the top but I'm still hungry. Advise please.

I just figured it out- the gas is making me so bloated that I can't get down more than a couple sips. So relieved cause I was beginning to think it was my band. Even with walking and gas x, the bloating is so bad that I'm miserable.

I have my husband and daughter on "back chop" duty and that's helping a lot.

I was banded over 'failed' bypass 3 weeks ago and have lost 15 pounds but my appetite has returned and am battling a bit now that I can eat all foods.I diarise everything I eat and stay under 1200 calories.. I see my surgeon on the 31st and am very keen on hearing when I can have my first fill. All of the Jan Bandsters are doing so well..and full recovery is just around the corner for everyone that have had their bands :) I only get a little ache and pain after bending or doing a bit too much..looking forward to hearing when I can start exercising .. Finally good luck to everyone having their surgeries in the coming week !

I just figured it out- the gas is making me so bloated that I can't get down more than a couple sips. So relieved cause I was beginning to think it was my band. Even with walking and gas x, the bloating is so bad that I'm miserable.

I have my husband and daughter on "back chop" duty and that's helping a lot.

I feel the same way. The bloating with the already gas is so uncomfortable.

Edited by carriekos

Question: I was banded on January 6. So far so good. Losing weight, walking, feeling pretty good until a few days ago I started getting these pains in both side around the rib area also around incision area. Whether I sit or stand they come and go. Any idea what this could be? I appreciate the insight.

Question: I was banded on January 6. So far so good. Losing weight, walking, feeling pretty good until a few days ago I started getting these pains in both side around the rib area also around incision area. Whether I sit or stand they come and go. Any idea what this could be? I appreciate the insight.

I would strongly suggest calling your doctor's office and letting them know about your pain. It could be a lot of things, and your physician is the best person to determine that.

Got mine on 9th and i was having that burning pain too. Doc said there r stitches there where the port is so it will b a little sore. Try not to bend in that area and allow healing. But u shuld ck with u doc just in case bcuz of the stitches.there, culd b a problem