Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's 2014 Bandsters Welcome!

Had my surgery yesterday & am doing fairly well today. It's funny how much I think about food now post surgery. <br><br> Everything went really well before & after surgery. I was actually asking if I could go home b4 they were telling me it was time to go. I used ice packs at gone & my pain meds & am doing well. Glad to be on this side Finally!

Good for you.I was done Jan 10 th.Feeling fine now.Going slow on the fluids.Finding room temp and hot stuff much more soothing.

Cheers to you!

Had my surgery jan10th.Doing amazingly well.Tolerating fluids ok but find the cold ones more of a challenge .

So glad I did this.The support out there is wonderful.Keep it coming.

Day 2 post op. I didn't take any pain meds not even Tylenol and slept just fine. I also don't feel any gas just a tightness where the band is. I don't think I could eat anything even if I tried so I am happy to be on liquid diet. I realize how important it is to sip slowly because when I took a big-ish gulp it felt uncomfortable.

Hello! I had my surgery on the 9th this is my first day on full liquids!

After surgery I was sore and had trouble laying on my sides or getting in and out of bed... that only lasted about 3 days. I can do those things fine now without help but it is still a little sore when I transfer from time to time. I take my pain medicine (Roxicette) every 6-8 hours. I am able to take it every 4 but I am trying to cut back and stop taking it. When I go so long, I get a burning sensation in my incisions and pressure in my upper abdomen. This is no where near as bad as I thought it would be - I will say that. But there is some discomfort. My biggest complaint is the gas in my belly. I feel like I have diarrhea but not much is happening. I figure as I incorporate food - it will get better. I may call and ask if I can take something to help with this. I have been walking around the house, on day 6 I went to the store with hubby to get supplies for week 2 and I thought I would die. Definitely too much walking and I was very sore. Week one I had no sugar added popsicles, beef broth (chicken was a lil bland), sugar free Jello, apple juice (not diluted bcuz I am hypoglycemic), and flavored Decaf tea. I lost 12.2 lbs! (wow)

This is the first day of my full liquids and so far I had 1/2 c cream of wheat with tsp light brown sugar (it was gross plain), 8 oz apple juice, now i'm drinking my 8 oz choc Protein Powder with skim milk. So far so good. I am not starving or suffering uncontrollably. I agree with the other lady, all you think about is what is going to go in your mouth and how much and what time is it bla bla bla. I am very excited about this journey and to see how I do once I start incorporating solid foods. I think that is where the real challenge will come in.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, all! My surgery was last Friday, the 10th, and things of been going really well for me. I still don't have as much energy as I would like, but I also think that I went back to work too soon. Regardless, I'm feeling pretty good now and I've lost over 20 pounds, beginning from the day I started the two-week liquid diet.

Tomorrow I'm very excited, because I get to move on to foods that are the "consistency of baby food." I'm already planning some cream of wheat for Breakfast, and some really mashed really smooth sweet potatoes for dinner. I am curious, though, because the nutrition timeline that the doctor's office gave me offered up smooth Peanut Butter as a food I could eat this week. How would I eat it? Certainly not with bread, or apples, or celery. Just out of the jar? And I'd be afraid it would get stuck in the band. Is this ever an issue?

Hey, was banded on the 4th and coming up to the end of week 1 mushies. May do another week just to make sure everything has healed, although the dr said to go to normal foods from this sat, I'll do one more week to make sure we're back to normal.

Hope everyone banded this week feels better soon. I feel way better this week and am already approaching goal 1! Excited x

Wow what kind of work do u do???? I expect to be off 4-6 weeks but i have a very physically demanding job. I had my surgery the 9th and i dont feel that i would have enough energy to work right now. Please be careful that u dont hurt yourself.

You are ahead of me so i cant give u tips on the PB... But i have read that it can be risky for bandsters bcuz its so thick it could get stuck

Wow what kind of work do u do???? I expect to be off 4-6 weeks but i have a very physically demanding job. I had my surgery the 9th and i dont feel that i would have enough energy to work right now. Please be careful that u dont hurt yourself.

You are ahead of me so i cant give u tips on the PB... But i have read that it can be risky for bandsters bcuz its so thick it could get stuck

I'm an attorney, so most of my work is at a desk. :) I was also able to do some work from home remotely, so I only had to go into the office for a few hours. I'm being careful, though, and if I start to get tired, I leave and come home and take a nap. I deliberately scheduled my hearings so that I didn't have anything this week, so mostly what I'm doing is paperwork.

I think I'll hold off on the Peanut Butter for now - thanks!

Ooooh Peanut Butter sounds delicious right about now. But the idea of PB getting stuck in my band is a bit terrifying!

I'm taking a couple weeks off of work. I had some time and didn't want to rush getting back into the swing of things, but already I am bored at home and can't wait to have more to do than just "recover."

My next stage includes soft cooked eggs, yogurt, blended cottage cheese, thinned mashed potatoes, and thinned lowfat refried Beans, so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

Hello all. Had my surgery Jan 6 and have been alright so far. Started to PMS yesterday and am all of the sudden a lot more hungry than I have been up to this part. This is where it gets hard I guess. I am still being pretty diligent and I stepped on the scale today and am still losing but I hope this hunger subsides soon! Up until now I was full from a few sips of anything.

Aw that sucks! I was lucky mine ended like 3 days before surgery. Hang in there!!!! Those cravings r brutal

Does anyone have sore legs and arms? Like you did a good work out sore? Just wondering if it is just me. I just had surgery on the 16th.

Edited by msirish

Does anyone have sore legs and arms? Like you did a good work out sore? Just wondering if it is just me. I just had surgery on the 16th.

I am just over two weeks out and after a very busy day , I feel the same way after waking up the following morning. I think our body takes time to recover :) Take as much time as you need and as much as you can to fully recover :)

Sooo.... 6 days after banding. Physically I feel a lot better. I am up and moving, going to the store, went to school on Friday. I'm still sore when I sit up or drive for a long period of time. The port site is tender. Mentally is another story. I don't want this stinkin liquid diet! I want to eat what everyone else is eating!! That was my feel sorry for me rant.

I am proud of myself. Yesterday I was with two people that wanted McDonalds, I was driver and took them through it without getting anything. Then today I took someone else McDonalds per their request and just got a drink. I had the drink (frappe') for lunch while he had a meal. I didn't even finish the frappe' which in the past has not usually happened. Those were both situations when I could have given in, but didn't, not even a french fry. I told myself I might as well as get used to no french fries, b/c they are not part of my food choice future. There are so many food related trials I am going through every minute of every day. I'm getting through them, but I did not think the mental part of this would be as difficult as it is. I'm still trudging through and I will be so happy to see the physician on Monday to get the okay to eat regular foods. By the way I think Muscle Milk the chocolate 100 calorie kind is yucky!!! I'm really like the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand for Protein shakes the chocolate, chocolate supreme and strawberry sorbet have been awesome!

I am always thinking about food.Want to make sure this works very well.

Tonight I had thinned squash Soup and was able to down the entire 2 cups without problem.Now I am worried ths is not normal..I had only a smoothie today and wonder if that is the reason..

Had my surgery yesterday & am doing fairly well today. It's funny how much I think about food now post surgery.

Everything went really well before & after surgery. I was actually asking if I could go home b4 they were telling me it was time to go. I used ice packs at gone & my pain meds & am doing well. Glad to be on this side Finally!