Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's 2014 Bandsters Welcome!

Once you have had your surgery come on in to this post from the "pre-op" side. Share your experience.

My date is the 9th Jan..third time lucky ..after a slipped band in 2004 ,GB surgery in 2008 that needs revision..have opted for band again after surgeon's recommendation..hoping for the best :)

I'll be joining in here for sure! Surgery is Jan. 14!

Had my surgery yesterday & am doing fairly well today. It's funny how much I think about food now post surgery.

Everything went really well before & after surgery. I was actually asking if I could go home b4 they were telling me it was time to go. I used ice packs at gone & my pain meds & am doing well. Glad to be on this side Finally!

I am getting mine done tomorrow! Any list on handy things I should have at home tomorrow? I have gas x strips, heating pad, muscle milk, ice pops. What else?

Congrats AP! I am one month post op! So happy for you.

I had my surgery yesterday (January 14). I am doing great on pain, but I am having one big problem - I cannot burp. Has anyone else had this? It is driving me nuts! Otherwise, the surgery was great. The only pain I'm really having is gas pain in the left side and left shoulder, and a sore throat from the breathing tube. I am taking Gas-X, but I would love to be able to have one big burp.

I have chicken broth, G2, tea, Diet hot cocoa & Jell-o on hand too. Alot of variety bc I know I'll get bored fast.

I was banded yesterday!

I wasn't nervous until I was in the pre-op room, but all the nurses, my surgeon, and the anesthesiologist are so nice that any jitters went away. They pumped me full of saline through an IV, gave me an antibiotic, and then propped me up for surgery and that's the last thing I remember.

Upon waking there was quite a bit of pain, but they gave me some pain killers through the IV and about an hour later I was doing well, sipping watered down apple juice. I went home at 3pm, so 5 hours after my surgery started.

Last night was a bit uncomfortable. I had a hard time sleeping laying down, so I mostly sat up on the couch and snoozed. I'm taking the Ovol (gas reducers) which help a lot, and I have some Tylenol III, but I'm finding it hard to swallow the pills (it's taking me an hour just to get down my regular meds), so my boyfriend went out for some liquid children's tylenol. I'm not in very much pain so I think that should do the trick.

I'm happy to be on this side of the forum now! I'm on full liquids starting at noon today (yay!) and I am SO looking forward to a bit of Tomato or strained mushroom soup!

Thanks everyone for your support - looking forward to continuing this journey here!

I'm officially banded. Wasn't so bad except my

Belly button was bleeding a lot so I ended up staying longer. Overall I feel great now. Looking forward to a speedy recovery.

Day Three Post Op and I got a little brave today. I decided to shower, get dressed and go to the grocery store I needed more soy milk and some Soup. The broth got old, quickly. I definitely overdid it. But it was good to get out. I hadn't taken any pain medication until I got home from the store. So that was a good sign. My cart was healthy when I left. Very few carbs! It is really hard to be on a liquid diet, but I'm making it through each day. I keep reminding myself I'm on this diet b/c my tummy need to heal! Staying Strong on Day Three.

Congrats to all the new Bandsters. Hope your recovery is going well!

<p>Day Three Post Op and I got a little brave today. I decided to shower, get dressed and go to the grocery store I needed more soy milk and some Soup. The broth got old, quickly. I definitely overdid it. But it was good to get out. I hadn't taken any pain medication until I got home from the store. So that was a good sign. My cart was healthy when I left. Very few carbs! It is really hard to be on a liquid diet, but I'm making it through each day. I keep reminding myself I'm on this diet b/c my tummy need to heal! Staying Strong on Day Three.</p> <p> </p> <p>Congrats to all the new Bandsters. Hope your recovery is going well!</p>

Keep it going! I am also 3 days post op and the liquids are broths are getting old. I just keep reminding myself that it's not permanent and I am healing! Stay positive, you've made it this far and you should be proud!