Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one ever said..i'm worried about how heavy you are getting!

It has happened again......A lady told one of my friends that I was too thin and needed to stop this insanity before I had to go to a special clinic for people with eating disorders....What????????

No one ever told me that they were worried about my health or anything else when I was obese...( hate that word ), part may be because how do you bring it up or talk to someone about it..but still...People are having no problem telling me or my family that I am too small...

I don't think I was ever too small in my life...I don't think there is a chance of it happening any time soon.....

This lady was complaining that her size 16 pants were getting too tight...My friend told her that in a couple weeks she could have mine as I seem to change sizes so fast...

She laughed her head off..That's when this woman said I was way to thin for my height...hello..198 is not thin...dah!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it amazing what people think it's okay to say to each other? You're right, no one told me I was getting too fat. In fact, I sometimes wish someone had sat me down and said, "GG, whatever you think you're doing, it ain't working". But no, they told me I was beautiful no matter what size I was. Liars :P

I always got...you have a pretty face..And then in my head I would say..to bad about the body eh..But felt I had no right to respond.....

people need to mind their own business!

I concur...This won't happen though..She said this when I was 30 lbs heavier then I am now too!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Sounds like the lil green eye'd monster is trying to play with you.

"You're getting too skinny!" That makes me laugh. Where was your heartfelt concern when I was slowly committing suicide with knife and fork!?!?!

People simply amaze me with their comments when feeling uncomfortable. why can't they just be happy and say "Good job! You look great!" Your doing good so keep up the good work and keep that person's comments coming your way....they are actually complements as to your success and losing weight. :P

"You're getting too skinny!" That makes me laugh. Where was your heartfelt concern when I was slowly committing suicide with knife and fork!?!?!

I have tried to message you but can't seem to get it..They keep sending it to another all lower case letters!

I have tried to message you but can't seem to get it..They keep sending it to another all lower case letters!

I just messaged you - see if you can respond to that.

When people don't know what to say or when to be quiet that's usually when things are said that they later regret <_<

It sounds to me like another individual who looks at your success and can't see anything but their failure...that's harsh I know but in my life I've noticed that to be true. You said she was essentially going up in sizes while you've gone down dramatically. I've learned to just smile and be quiet because if I didn't I think I'd hurt more feelings than I care to apologize for...

I do know that if my mother were still alive she would have said "you are getting pretty heavy there don't you think??" And she would have asked me how much I weighed. I'm sure she would have been a true supporter of what I am doing and I am sure as well that she is looking down on me saying "WAY TO GO!!!" My husband supports me and with that and the thought of my mother that is all I need to know I am doing what is best for ME!!!

I really don't understand why people don't cut their BS and come out and say it as it is....

'Look, can you stop losing weight?

Every time I see you, it makes me feel insecure about my own body.

It has forced me to re-evaluate my own position in our one-to-one and wider social interactions.

Frankly, I always felt better about myself in your company when you were fat. It made me feel like the more superior person. The person in control. Not, the loser round the table who can't stop filling their face.

Your weight loss is forcing me to not only look at myself physically, but look at my personality, too.

When you were fat, you were still socially accepted. This must mean that as a 'human being', you had enough of a personality to carry you amongst our peer group. That much acceptance, for you, was the only level of social accommodation I was prepared to embrace and feel comfortable with. I don't like change. You will fail. I've read it that people regain all their weight after bariatric surgery - and some, all of the time. You will fail. You have to fail. Surely?

For a big person, you dressed as best you could. We thought it cute you'd 'made an effort', but knew you were never going to turn heads or attention away from us as you were. I felt safe in that.

Now that you've lost weight, you not only have the gift of having a sparkling personality, but you've attained a higher physical status now, too. But surely you're going to look hideous naked, with all that loose skin? Surely? Arent you? Please say you are!

It must mean I'm not as good as I used to be. There has been a seismic shift in the universal cosmic order and our 'social hierachy' has been changed. I think I might now have fallen lower in those ranks. Please put your weight back on so I can go back to feeling better and more secure about myself?'

Do you know, if someone was honest enough to say any of that to me or machinations of it - I'd buy them a pint. In fact, I'd buy them 10 pints.

As it stands, we will all have to spend our time reading the subtext of the statements being uttered in our directions, feeling lost, confused, bewildered and largely hurt.

See them for what they are....

The wittering insecurities of people who really are incapable of embracing change - even for the greater good of another persons health and wellbeing - both mental and physical. These are the festering musings of individuals, muttered in hushed embittered tones, whose only real concern... is about themselves...

You know what?

Bugger them all. That's what I say ;)

Stay strong, people. x

I really don't understand why people don't cut their BS and come out and say it as it is....

It has forced me to re-evaluate my own position in our one-to-one and wider social interactions.

Frankly, I always felt better about myself in your company when you were fat. It made me feel like the more superior person. The person in control. Not, the loser round the table who can't stop filling their face.

Your weight loss is forcing me to not only look at myself physically, but look at my personality, too.

When you were fat, you were still socially accepted. This must mean that as a 'human being', you had enough of a personality to carry you amongst our peer group. That much acceptance, for you, was the only level of social accommodation I was prepared to embrace and feel comfortable with. I don't like change. You will fail. I've read it that people regain all their weight after bariatric surgery - and some, all of the time. You will fail. You have to fail. Surely?

For a big person, you dressed as best you could. We thought it cute you'd 'made an effort', but knew you were never going to turn heads or attention away from us as you were. I felt safe in that.

Now that you've lost weight, you not only have the gift of having a sparkling personality, but you've attained a higher physical status now, too. But surely you're going to look hideous naked, with all that loose skin? Surely? Arent you? Please say you are!

It must mean I'm not as good as I used to be. There has been a seismic shift in the universal cosmic order and our 'social hierachy' has been changed. I think I might now have fallen lower in those ranks. Please put your weight back on so I can go back to feeling better and more secure about myself?'

Do you know, if someone was honest enough to say any of that to me or machinations of it - I'd buy them a pint. In fact, I'd buy them 10 pints.

As it stands, we will all have to spend our time reading the subtext of the statements being uttered in our directions, feeling lost, confused, bewildered and largely hurt.

The wittering insecurities of people who really are incapable of embracing change - even for the greater good of another persons health and wellbeing - both mental and physical. These are the festering musings of individuals, muttered in hushed embittered tones, whose only real concern... is about themselves...

You know what?

Stay strong, people. x

I totally agree with what you say here...just out with it already and make yourself feel better. it has always been at the obese persons expense. they just kept their thoughts to themselves or talked about it as fauder over dinner.....

I think it is funny a little....me causing someone to be uncomfortable with themselves...hard to believe...I used to be a comedian every where I went and entertained groups of people at Doctors offices or anywhere where I had to spend time in a waiting room..I would get everyone laughing so hard that they would forget why they were there..It became an art form....

Why to keep their minds off of what they saw before them...Me!!!!!!!!!

After everything that has happened and the price I have paid for this...i owe nothing to them...no joking, no laughing, no comic relief....just me now..being like everyone else and staying quiet waiting for my turn at an appointment...Sure it was more fun getting people worked up and I got a kick out of it a lot of times...But now..........................I am just like everyone else....

No one knows me and I don't stand out as obese ( I hate that word ).. So I don't work as hard to cover it up like I used to..

It is kinda sad and refreshing at the same time you know!!!!!!!

You know what?

Stay strong, people. x

People are thinking these thoughts but are so clueless that they have them. Wish we could give them a wake up call......

Hehehe LOOK AT US NOW! We are getting so much healthier with the naughty side affect of being skinny and having to buy a new wardrobe for ourselves..... :P