Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Specialized Bariatrics/Dr Lopez

Has anyone used Specialized Bariatrics? I have a sleeve scheduled 21 January at Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana.< /span>

I know he used to be with a lighter me, and then he and his wife opened Specialized Bariatrics this summer. Just wondering how it went for anyone who has used them.

I need to start looking at when I need to do the preop prep as well....

thanks all!

Has anyone used Specialized Bariatrics?  I have a sleeve scheduled 21 January at Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana.< /span>

I know he used to be with a lighter me, and then he and his wife opened Specialized Bariatrics this summer.  Just wondering how it went for anyone who has used them.

thanks all!

I have surgery scheduled for 2/20/13.  Your coordinatior should have given you your preop instructions when you scheduled your surgery. Ask her to email it to you.

Has anyone used Specialized Bariatrics? I have a sleeve scheduled 21 January at Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana.< /span>

I know he used to be with a lighter me, and then he and his wife opened Specialized Bariatrics this summer. Just wondering how it went for anyone who has used them.

thanks all!

Hi Peanutz,

I did a lot of research on Dr. Lopez and it looks like he was tired of all the drama that was coming from having a "middle man", so he and his wife started their own business. By doing this, they are not only able to cut out the drama, but cut costs, too. I also couldn't find anything but good reviews about him and Hospital MI Doctor sounds like it will be just fine, too.

Cathy should have emailed you the pre-op diet. If not, just email her and ask her for another copy - She's a sweetheart. The preo-op diet should start 2 weeks prior to surgery, with a "cleanse" 3 days prior to surgery. My mom and I are both having the sleeve surgery done on January 20, so our pre-op diet starts January 6. I'm not too excited about that part, but I think it's what I need to jumpstart my "new" life. I'm also hoping that the pre-op and immediately-after-surgery-post-op diets will help me to rid sugar from my system once and for all.

Thanks for the replies.  I have my preop info and will start on the 6th.  Cathy has been wonderful with the information, and all the info I found before on Dr. Lopez was really good, too. That is why I chose him.  As it is getting closer I am getting a little nervous..... LOL.. my family is concerned I am going alone to Mexico, I am comfortable traveling internationally, but they are not comfortable with me being alone.  I don't know what having any of them with me would do, they don't speak the language...smile.

Yes Cathy is wonderful. I was suppose to have surgery with Dr Lopez last year when he was with a lighter me. When I found out he'd left them I tracked him down and rescheduled my surgery with his new company. I just feel more comfortable with the things I have read about him.

Thanks for the replies. I have my preop info and will start on the 6th. Cathy has been wonderful with the information, and all the info I found before on Dr. Lopez was really good, too. That is why I chose him. As it is getting closer I am getting a little nervous..... LOL.. my family is concerned I am going alone to Mexico, I am comfortable traveling internationally, but they are not comfortable with me being alone. I don't know what having any of them with me would do, they don't speak the language...smile.

Hi all,

Brand new here and a little paranoid. Just got off the phone with Brenda at Specialized Bariatrics as my emails were not being received. Feel a lot better after the talk.......just don't want to be the guy that gets taken advantage of because of a perceived desperation to get this surgery!

Mine is upcoming in Puerto Vallarta in June with Doc Lopez............I feel somewhat relieved with the above responses and am always looking for more information. Any input is appreciated.

Hi all,

I guess I replied in error to another reply.........sorry about that, I'm a newbie!

I have been a little paranoid about this whole process; however, reading all of your responses has been helpful already. I am scheduled to have the gastric sleeve done by Doc Lopez through Specialized Bariatrics this June. So far my intake experience has not been ideal, since my emails have not been received in a timely fashion............makes me worry! Brenda is great on the phone and has made me feel better about the experience........nevertheless, I welcome any information that will help me overcome this uneasiness.

Thanks for listening! :)

Hi all,

Brand new here and a little paranoid. Just got off the phone with Brenda at Specialized Bariatrics as my emails were not being received. Feel a lot better after the talk.......just don't want to be the guy that gets taken advantage of because of a perceived desperation to get this surgery!

Mine is upcoming in Puerto Vallarta in June with Doc Lopez............I feel somewhat relieved with the above responses and am always looking for more information. Any input is appreciated.

Dr Lopez did mine in Tijuana and everything was great.

Dr Lopez did mine in Tijuana and everything was great.

Dr. Lopez did my sleeve on Feb 5 2014, traveled alone and had an amazing experience, as of today I have lost 43 lbs, and 13 lbs pre-op..I had mine in Tijuana. .

Hi all,

I noticed you are in bc .. Me too! I have surgery with Dr Lopez coming up on nov 12th.

It's been 5 months for you.. How goes? Where are you in bc??

Hi

I actually just finished 4 months and am down 100lbs. No problems to report other than having to purchase several sets of new clothes. Follow the after care carefully and you'll be fine. Don't overdo anything! Remember that it takes about 3 months for your stomach pouch to heal so take it easy and you should have great success.

I'm in Vernon, let's keep in touch. It would be nice to be in touch with someone nearby.

Good luck! Dr Lopez is one of the best!

It is so encouraging to hear all of you report on your wonderful experiences and outcomes. Did any of you have the single incision sleeve technique by Dr. Lopez? He is the only surgeon in Mexico that I know of who does it, and I haven't found anyone yet who has had it done. I would love to hear how anyone who has had that technique is doing.

Scheduled to be sleeved with his wife Dr. OSuna on January 16, I narrowed it down to them. There were too many good reviews....

I'm a newbie and wondering how I go about finding information about Dr Lopez for surgery. I really want to have the VSG and I am afraid that my insurance wont pay for it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks