Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Protein is killing me!

I have strawberry kiwi a huge one what can I mix with that to get rid of it? Syntax nectar. I am loving the feedback of what brands to get. Thanx

I am 8 days out and I got Unflavored Unjury and Syntrax powders that I add to everything.... Cream of spinach, cream of mushroom, seafood bisque, butternut squash bisque, tortilla Soup and hot and sour soup, etcetera. I strain the Soups and Water down the cream ones. Lots of variety! I also make shakes using Syntrax matrix vanilla powder and adding PB2 and various Mio and Dasani flavorings to that for more variety. Still have 10 days before pureed, and there's no way I could drink the same old shakes day after day. Not a huge fan of any of the RTD shakes. Some tasted OK but they were all too thick and went down better after I watered them down. The only Isopure I had was immediately postop. There was a GNC I could walk to from the Marriott in TJ. only tried the punch and the grape and liked the grape.

Edited by Kindle

I bought some unflavored Protein powder and have been adding it to SF pudding. The light & fit vanilla greek yogurt is pretty good and has 12 g. Protein. I also found some liquid Protein shots at Walmart yesterday. http://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Whey-Grape-Liquid-Protein-42g-3.8-fl-oz-6-count/22410444 They are REALLY sweet, so I dilute it with Water and use it like Crystal Light.

Ok I will get some unflavored as well next week thanx.

I also like premier Protein drinks. I am 8 weeks post op and tried many Protein Drinks and premier is the best for me. Good luck.

Yesterday I went and got samples of nectar. I was actually able to tolerate the Nectar. Thank God I was giving up all hope. I'm learning through the process of elimination. I actually thought it was smart to try to eat an egg and a piece of bacon. It made perfect sense to me being that it woul be all Protein. I don't particularly care for bacon. However, protein is protein right? Not! After 3 bites I felt like I would throw up. Way too much grease I'm assuming. Ugh!

My nut said it was ok to add skim milk to the Protein Drinks. For every oz of milk = 1 G Protein. This has helped me alot!

I'm gonna try to mix it with milk

If you can find it, Lucerne makes "protein plus" milk which has 3 extra grams of Protein in it (12g vs 9 per cup for FF).

Hit up google and look for some places that sell sample sizes if you can - that way you're not out much if you don't like one, you can just move on to the next :)

Wish I could help on the strawberry kiwi nectar, but the only way I could get that down was in powder form, like a pixie stick. You might be able to mix some into kool aid to kill the taste, that helped me a little with the lemonade flavor. I used it in place of the sugar. Still not *good*, but it added a familiar taste over top of it.

Can't add it to kool aid or Water it clumps up!!!! Which is disgusting. I'll try the milk I let you know how it went, I mixed it yesterday with plain yougurt I added a banana some ice and blended it. I got it down. Was pretty good. Maybe that's how ill do it. Thank you guys.

That actually sounds pretty good!

As far as getting them to mix, I found mixing them with a tiny amount of liquid almost into a paste first, then slowly mixing in more helps with the clumping. Still disgusting, though ;).