Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling the doctor!

I made a call to the doctors office and I'm awaiting their call back but in the meantime I figured I would come on here and see if anyone knows what this is. I woke up and I have some pain on my lower left hand side, below my ribs, that wraps around to my back. On that same side I also have slight shoulder pain. Please tell me this is just gas or something? since I haven't had a bowel movement since Monday. I have milk of magnesia but I was told only to take it once a week so my body doesn't become dependent on it. Also, I don't (haven't really) passed any gas. I hope I'm freaking out for nothing.

I was sleeved on December 18th.

Glad you called the doc. It sounds like gas to me. I still have Constipation. Try to get enough wate and get some walks in. It helps

The gas and the constipation.

Sounds like gas pains and you're possibly impacted.

Have you been cleared for Miralax?

They called back and want me to come in for a CT scan right now. I hope it's just gas. That's what I think too but I know the weekend is coming up and I would rather know for sure.

They called back and want me to come in for a CT scan right now. I hope it's just gas. That's what I think too but I know the weekend is coming up and I would rather know for sure.

Good thoughts coming your way. Sounds like gas to me too.

Whew, thank goodness. Sending prayers your way!

Good luck!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

I feel like I just went through a bunch of bs that was not needed. I had a ct scan and they found nothing and sent me home. I was still in pain though. I came home and took milk of magnesia (that stuff tastes horrible!) and I was finally able to go to the bathroom and now I feel better.

But now I have another problem. For the CT scan they put a dye in my body and they told me on my discharge papers that I was required to drink 4 (8 ounce) glasses within 4 hours to flush the dye out of my body. Well I'm lucky if I was able to get in 1 full 8 ounce glass. So now I don't know what that means or if the dye will just eventually leave my body on it's own just over a longer period of time?

<p>I feel like I just went through a bunch of bs that was not needed. I had a ct scan and they found nothing and sent me home. I was still in pain though. I came home and took milk of magnesia (that stuff tastes horrible!) and I was finally able to go to the bathroom and now I feel better.</p> <p> </p> <p>But now I have another problem. For the CT scan they put a dye in my body and they told me on my discharge papers that I was required to drink 4 (8 ounce) glasses within 4 hours to flush the dye out of my body. Well I'm lucky if I was able to get in 1 full 8 ounce glass. So now I don't know what that means or if the dye will just eventually leave my body on it's own just over a longer period of time?</p>

Do your best with the fluids but if you are young and otherwise healthy you should be fine. The dye is excreted thru the kidneys so they want you to flush your system to protect the kidneys. This can be a problem for someone who had pre-existing kidney problems.

Hope you're feeling better. It sounds like gas.

My WLS was 11/14 and experienced the same pain. It was all gas, and your incision towards left side will be more sensitive since it's the one the they removed what needed to come out.

Drink peppermint tea, it's been my gas and nauseated reliever, especially after drinking the milk of M and gets rid if the gas brings comfort right away.