Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best way to start the new year!!!!! Did most of shopping.. All I need to buy is food for the next 2 weeks.. I'm not nervous at all.. Shocker Mother Nature decided to come early.. Hopefully that will not interfere with the surgery.. Right? It shouldn't? I'm going to pack my hospital bag today since my weekend is going to be super busy.. Can't wait till Monday.. The only think that is going to bother me is my stomach and throat growling .. Anyone found a way to make it stop??

I know these are bad words around here for some but I found that the Protein shakes seemed to help with the hunger sounds quite a bit. I know as my day was approaching I was more excited than nervous for my procedure. Good luck on Monday!

I remember this exciting time right before changing my life for the better. Dont worry about Mother Nature. They will give you a pad and these really sexy disposable undies :) And do not be shocked if you get 'natures gift' very soon after this cycle stops. The body goes into shock and hormones are having a party and if affects your cycle. Mine didnt become normal again until about 3 or 4 months out.

One packing tip that really helped me, if you are bringing a cell phone or kindle/tablet, bring an extension cord so you can charge it and have it laying near you. Other than that, the hospital gave me everything else I could need.

As for the tummy grumbling, chicken broth did it for me. Before and after surgery actually. After surgery I couldnt tolerate cold liquids well, my new tummy would spasm and I couldnt get my liquids down in the hospital for the first day or two. Once I tried warm Decaf tea and warm broth, no problem.

Good luck, we will see you on the losers bench soon.

I remember this exciting time right before changing my life for the better. Dont worry about Mother Nature. They will give you a pad and these really sexy disposable undies :) And do not be shocked if you get 'natures gift' very soon after this cycle stops. The body goes into shock and hormones are having a party and if affects your cycle. Mine didnt become normal again until about 3 or 4 months out. One packing tip that really helped me, if you are bringing a cell phone or kindle/tablet, bring an extension cord so you can charge it and have it laying near you. Other than that, the hospital gave me everything else I could need. As for the tummy grumbling, chicken broth did it for me. Before and after surgery actually. After surgery I couldnt tolerate cold liquids well, my new tummy would spasm and I couldnt get my liquids down in the hospital for the first day or two. Once I tried warm Decaf tea and warm broth, no problem. Good luck, we will see you on the losers bench soon.

You are a doll. Thank you so much. I bought an extension cord last night and packed it in my bag. I just can't wait lol. And thank you for your response. I was afraid they might cancel due to Mother Nature problems haha

My surgery is Monday as well 8:30am!! It's going to be a busy busy wkend shopping etc. not only for myself but my husband & 3 boys. I think they are stressing more than me now. They are worried about not having any food in the house since school is still out. Good luck with your surgery. I was having second thoughts last week but I'm ready now.

Another thing that made my life easier when I got home from the hospital was a heating pad for your sore tummy and a pill crusher because you probably wont be allowed to swallow large pills. They had me crush mine for a week or two.

Good luck DONABOSS and FSU GIRL. Just remember what everyone has been saying, sip sip sip, walk walk walk. The gas pains were helped tremendously by walking but I couldnt get the energy to do all the walking without sip sip sip.

Check and let us know how everything goes. Yay for you both!

Pill crusher huh? Where the hell can I get that? Lol.. Damn it.. I thought I was done shopping. I guess I will take another trip... And thank you :)

Pill crusher in pharmacy area and don't forget your phone charger and Chapstick either :) good luck

Any pharmacy sells pill crushers. I got mine at Walgreens. I just got the cheap one that you twist to crush the pills. I suppose you could use a morter and pestal (I think thats what its called) but the pill crusher was a few dollars and crushed the pills like a boss :)

Good luck on Monday. Im having lap band revision to sleeve Monday also. Im just a little bummed because my birthday is Sunday and my Md orders call for clear fluids on Sunday and of course NPO after midnight. So no birthday dinner or hard partying for me, LOL. Looking forward to this new year and new beginnings

I too am having my VSG surgery on Monday! New year... New us!! See you on the sleeved side for 2014!!

I am so happy for all of us :) 2014 is going to be a great year. Don't be sad about your birthday. Think of it as this is the best bday gift ever. 2 more days woohooo... I am going to miss my chocolate and soda hahahaha

Any pharmacy sells pill crushers. I got mine at Walgreens. I just got the cheap one that you twist to crush the pills. I suppose you could use a morter and pestal (I think thats what its called) but the pill crusher was a few dollars and crushed the pills like a boss :)

Will go to buy it today :)

All done :) bought bed bed sheets and pillows so when I come home it will be a brand new me with new things at home :) ... I also bought different medication to have just in case I need it :) .. My bag is packed and now just waiting for the day to come woohoo :) so excited ... I also got the pill crusher yay.. I literally went everywhere to search for liquid Tylenol and couldn't find it. The pharmacist told me to get the kids one and just take more.. That's what I bought hope it helps. I am allergic to pain killers so I wanted to have something home waiting in case I have pain.. Ohh and I bought an awesome warming pad from bed bath and beyond for 25$ and I love it. I tried it last night since my tummy was bothering me and the pain seriously went a away. Yay I belong excited.