Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

HI Rosie,

I am really doing well....I am able to work from home a few days and appreciate that....I was very swollen the first 7 days and then, POOF, the swelling went down.

Pain is very minimal. At day 16 post op, I can honestly say I have no discomfort. My incisions are good. I only have a pad on my portal scar. The others are pretty well healed.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi! I'm in Newnan Georgia and will have my surgery done on April 23 :clap2: . Anyone know of a support group south of Atlanta?

:) I live in Woodstock, just north of Atlanta, name is Jerald. I had my surgery in February in Monterrey, Mexico. Great hospital, doctors, nurses, etc. Clean, and cheap...

I was self pay and whole deal was $8,000. Of course the family and friends all had to give their negative "2 cents" worth opinion on why Mexico is a bad place to go for medical treatment.... like they're all experts. So when I got back I told everyone I had it done in the back of an old run down Shell gas station..in a back alley by drug dealers and 12 year old street urchens using rusty knives and broken fishing rods and other junk. That usually shut them up!

Left on a Thursday and returned on Sunday... no problems or pain, just some soreness in left shoulder and around port area.

Here in Woodstock... cost was $20,000 or so. Non stop flight to Monterrey was about $450.00, passport, a couple of hundred, blah-blah-blah and here I am 7 weeks later and 27 lbs lighter.

Good luck to anyone having surgery. If I can answer any questions to help ease your nerves. let me know. It was very routine and no big deal. I just focused on the "prize" at the end of this journey... The ability to lose 120 lbs if I used correctly. That excitement outweighed any anxiety I might have had. After years of deadends with every other diet in the world that never worked very long, here at last was something that was proven to work. Focus on that!

Adios....Jerald

Congrats Jerald and welcome !! That storie was Hilarious.... I bet their eyes were big as eggs !! Thanks for you support and remember to keep us updated on your progress. We must all stick together and support each other. I am not yet banded but plan to be soon. I have to admit, I have got so nervous about it, but like you mention, I must keep my eyes on the prize!!! 27lbs WOW !!!

Shoe:clap2:

I used Dr. de la Garza, www.lite'nfree.com. Very good, teaches others around North America and Canada the procedure. Hospital nice and people friendly.

Hi,

My name is Stacy and i am from Cartersville Ga. I was banded April 30th by Dr. Lin at crawford long hospital. I have had a great journy so far. I have lost about 22lbs that includes the two week pre-op diet. I have not lost anymore weight since i started the soft part of my diet. I hope it is just my body getting use to the changes. I go back and see DR. Lin June 6th and hope to get my first fill. My BMI was 36.7 and now it is around 34.I weighed 243 and now i'm at 221.I am starting to fill alot better. I can't wait until this time next year. I did this for my husband and my four year old little girl. I just got so sick of just watching them life i wanted to be able to live with them if that makes much since. I really fill this was the best thing for me.

Thnks,

Stacy:clap2:

Hi, My name is Lori Ann and I am from Tucker Georgia. My surgeon is Dr. Scott Steinberg from Dekalb Medical Center. My surgery is also May 24th. I am so excited to meet some people from Georgia.

Hey Stacy,

We are neighbors. I'm from White, Ga. I also had my surgery with Dr. Lin on May 8th. How are you doing? I am down 91/2 lbs. and still on the puree stage. I can start soft foods tomorrow. Other wise doing pretty good. I went back to work a week after surgery and I think it was a little too soon as I was very tired by the end of the day. I'm going to send you a private message to give you my phone number so we can talk if you like. I'm glad you are doing so well. I go for my follow up on June 20th. Dr. Lin didn't want to see for 6 weeks.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Well I had my surgery on May 8th, 2007 and I am officially a bandster. So far so good. Very little pain. I am back to work and can eat anything that I can put in a blender and puree. I do have some pain at the port site and I was wondering if anyone else can feel their port. mine seems to be near the surface and it causes a slight bump on my stomach. Is this normal? When I roll over it seems to pull some is that normal? I was just wondering. Thanks for the help.

hello I am from Gainesville, GA

I have not had the surgery yet. I was having trouble finding a way to pay. I have found a way. I still have to hear from the bank to make sure all is well and schedule the surgery.

Still here in Dalton....doing well....smoke free 20 days and down 24 pounds....I have been eating more than I should cause I am hungrier. However, I am scheduled for my first fill on June 5th....am anxious to see how it goes!!!!!