Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV lately?

Okay, I have just experienced something I have NEVER thought would ever happen! I had to renew my drivers license. First since before WLS (3 1/2 yrs). I am Shocked. I LIKE the pic! I had to do a double take and then grinned from ear to ear! I'm sure people thought I was strange grinning widely at a DL! LOL

Anybody had a similar NSV lately you want to share and give us some joy???

post-108291-0-79937700-1388090020_thumb.jpg

The hubs told me yesterday that i looked awesome. that was the best Christmas present ever

The hubs told me yesterday that i looked awesome. that was the best Christmas present ever

Amen!!! I feel the same way. Of course, when I told my Hubs about the DL pic he said, "You always looked good to me!" :).

Great photo on your license. I cant wait to get mine redone. I always lied about my weight on my license but now I can actually tell the truth and it will actually be 10 pounds less then what it says currently!

But in answer to your question about recent NSV's...when my sister in law saw me yesterday she was seething with envy and that just tickled me to death :)

Great photo on your license. I cant wait to get mine redone. I always lied about my weight on my license but now I can actually tell the truth and it will actually be 10 pounds less then what it says currently! But in answer to your question about recent NSV's...when my sister in law saw me yesterday she was seething with envy and that just tickled me to death :)

Love it! Yep, brings out the "uglies" in some folks. Ha!

I got told at Christmas that I was "hot" and "sexy" by several people. A little creepy and weird, but gratifying too. Also I feel mean but I really notice when people are bigger than me now. Lots of family members are! I think gaining weight has turned into the new normal and I am finally bucking the trend!

Here are my two NSVs, small as they are: I ordered a jacket to replace my old, big down coat in one size smaller. It fits. Not perfectly, but it fits!

Also, my gym made new t-shirts. I asked for an XL (I usually work out in XXL men's shirts but they're big now) and didn't notice until I got home that they gave me a L. And it fits, well. I almost cried.

Oops vets forum sorry

Edited by gamergirl

I got told at Christmas that I was "hot" and "sexy" by several people. A little creepy and weird, but gratifying too. Also I feel mean but I really notice when people are bigger than me now. Lots of family members are! I think gaining weight has turned into the new normal and I am finally bucking the trend!

Yep! Some close said, "you are too thin!" Now, I know at 140 and 5'8" I'm not but... Lol

Here are my two NSVs, small as they are: I ordered a jacket to replace my old, big down coat in one size smaller. It fits. Not perfectly, but it fits! Also, my gym made new t-shirts. I asked for an XL (I usually work out in XXL men's shirts but they're big now) and didn't notice until I got home that they gave me a L. And it fits, well. I almost cried.

Oh YES!! L And not XL or XXL. Major NSV!

I squeezed myself into size 10 jeans and they fit. I am still not able to completely accept that but the 12s are definitely too loose. I had to get new glasses because my old ones were too big. Apparently I had a very fat face too :P My husband has to remember what color shirt I'm wearing otherwise he can't find me easily at the grocery store. The last time I weighed what I do now? Was 19 years ago. I posted that last fact on FB and got an outpouring of likes and comments from my friends who blow me away with their support. Lots to be thankful for, and it tempers my impatience at my rate of weight loss.

^^^^ all that. AWESOME!

My sister-in-law said at our family Christmas party that you two(my sis and I) are getting so skinny, it felt great not to be the fattest person in the room!

NSV you want to share ???

Georgia

Recently elevator doors opened - packed with people from ear to ear

i was gonna wait for the next elevator

someone said something like "come on in, you are little enough" :)

On t'day I looked at the couch with 4 family members sitting - i figured no way could i squeeze in :angry:

my cuz said something like "kathy there is plenty of room here for you" :)

my mom has always been very small, petite

she said she had a couple of blouses i might like to try on with a jean jacket too

i laughed saying - "mom you are so little i'll never fit into your clothes"

but........you guessed it, they fit :o

keep those NSV's coming!!! ;)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Here's today's NSV, and I admit it's a strange one.

For the first 17 years of our lives together, my husband and I had a lovely, bright red couch. Around 5 or 6 years ago it became "my spot" in the house. Hubs walked by one day and said, "I don't think Couch Potato is right. You're a Couch Tomato." This of course progressed into various tomato-ey nicknames, in particular the German-pronounced "Tomat." Nothing mean-spirited.

Today he walked in, saw me sitting on the new couch (a lovely sage green) and said, "I just can't call you Tomat anymore. You do not have the Tomato shape." He walked away; retreated into his lair. He returned about two hours later and said, "I now dub thee the Couch Scallion."

Beautiful and touching, right? :lol: :rolleyes: