Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 17 days post op and in stage 2 and slowly working into stage 3 with my surgeons approval. I am throwing up quite a bit. Is this due to trying new things or over stuffing myself or a little of both? I am sticking with the menu options. I am concerned I am not getting enough nutrition as I am unable to stomach anymore fusion Protein Shakes, any advice is appreciated!

The throwing up is your body telling you you are eating to fast, too much or it is not ready for these foods. Just because your surgeon tells you it's ok doesn't necessarily mean your body is ready.

17 days is really early out. And it is impossible to get your nutrition through real food.

Find a Protein Shake you like. Premier from costco is good. Also plain Greek yogurt. As far as food if you must, try one new approved thing a day and only one small bite or two..

Thank you Laura. I appreciate it

I'm 14 days out and on purée. I agree getting my nutrition from food alone is just not possible. I still am having 2 Protein shakes a day giving me 40 grams of Protein strait out of the bat. The foods that have worked best for me are Greek yogurt, Tomato Soup, and puréed chili. But with those I only get between 50 to 100 calories per meal.

My favorite Protein Shakes a powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and chike. I found the. Both on Amazon. I really look forward to them.

Best of luck!

Thank you stacy

I was getting all my Protein in by two weeks out, but my surgeon started me on purees while still in the hospital....and he doesn't believe in Protein shakes or drinking your nutrition. I eat mostly canned chicken, turkey, tuna, cottage cheese, cheese, Greek yogurt.

Same here Mindi, but I am afraid I'm not getting mine due to throwing up so much. I will try what is suggested and go from there. Thank you all

My post op diet.

post-181095-0-56286900-1388093615_thumb.gif

I throw up all the time. I swallow. A lot of air when I eat, even if I eat slow.

I'm 11 weeks post op and Some days I throw up 3 to 4 times. I think I'm eating slowly, but evidently not slow enough On days like that plain greek yogurt is the only thing I can tolerate.

I am definitely having a hard time eating slow, I think I am going to take a step back and slow down. And also have my husband hide my scale, he can give it to me once a week because I am obsessed with weighing myself

Are you taking anti acids or better yet, are you on a PPI? My surgeon sent me home with 2 months supply of Omeprazole 40mg with strict orders not to stop taking it any sooner. Helps keep your stomach from getting irritated as it heals. And I've read several posts from people who were have vomiting issues and anti acids cured the problem. In those cases it was more of a stomach irritation issue as opposed to a real nausea issue. (And ditto to what Laura-ven said)

I was on omeprazol prior to my surgery and am still taking it. I think I was definitely eating too fast, too much and too soon for some of things I was trying. Thanks to all for input

I know this sounds crazy, but I downloaded a stopwatch app on my cellphone. I thought I was eating slow enough, but I was throwing up every time I ate. Once I downloaded the clock I would see what time I took a bite and then wait 2 minutes before I could take another one. It was pretty tedious in the beginning, but it got me to REALLY slow down and pay attention. I would give myself 30 minutes to eat, I always was full before my 30 minutes was up, but I would at least keep it down.

Good tip, I'll give it a try. Thank you