Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably gonna tick some people off.......lol

"Probably gonna tick some people off.......lol"

Lol..not a provocative confrontational title at all!! :P. (was that passive aggressive?)

Anyway.. Not pissed but I can eat a whole bag of chips. When I was as new as you I wouldn't dare. Because I was following my surgeons orders.

But now that I'm over a year out and long past the honeymoon stage? It's on me to pass up that bag of Oreos. Yes that whole bag that I could eat.

This surgery is not a cure. It's not a magic bullet.

Let's see, you are also only 2 months out. You WILL be able to eat lots of chips,Cookies, crackers, chocolate these are all slider foods. What is sad that you are even attempting to eat a cookie at 2 months out. You will see as time moves on...................good luck.

ACTUALLY, my stomach will not allow it. After 2 or 3 bites, I'm done. I seriously cannot eat anymore. Maybe I'm different. No, I don't have it all figured out. But, I also don't slam someone for "slipping." It happens, well, to me anyway. I guess you're one of the "strong" ones. I, for one, am not. I slip, I confess, and guess what, I'm STILL losing weight.........lol.

Not really sure what a slider food is. Because nothing just slides right through me........lol

You are absolutely right, I am only two months out and maybe I will be able to eat more later. But, for now. 2-3 bites is enough for me. But, you won't make me feel guilty for having a cookie, especially here at Christmas. YOU are one of those people that won't to talk down to people who slip. I refuse to do that. I'm human. I slipped. Glad you have not.

ACTUALLY, my surgeon told ALL of us in our last meeting that it was coming upon the holidays and having a cookie would not kill us. Just don't make it an everyday thing. And, you're right, my title was a little "aggressive". Perhaps, because I had just read a post that someone was slamming someone for eating a slither of pie for Christmas. Really??? Just keeping it real.

"Probably gonna tick some people off.......lol"

Lol..not a provocative confrontational title at all!! :P. (was that passive aggressive?)

Anyway.. Not pissed but I can eat a whole bag of chips. When I was as new as you I wouldn't dare. Because I was following my surgeons orders.
But now that I'm over a year out and long past the honeymoon stage? It's on me to pass up that bag of Oreos. Yes that whole bag that I could eat.
This surgery is not a cure. It's not a magic bullet.

Let's see, you are also only 2 months out. You WILL be able to eat lots of chips,Cookies, crackers, chocolate these are all slider foods. What is sad that you are even attempting to eat a cookie at 2 months out. You will see as time moves on...................good luck.

ACTUALLY, my stomach will not allow it. After 2 or 3 bites, I'm done. I seriously cannot eat anymore. Maybe I'm different. No, I don't have it all figured out. But, I also don't slam someone for "slipping." It happens, well, to me anyway. I guess you're one of the "strong" ones. I, for one, am not. I slip, I confess, and guess what, I'm STILL losing weight.........lol.

Not really sure what a slider food is. Because nothing just slides right through me........lol

You are absolutely right, I am only two months out and maybe I will be able to eat more later. But, for now. 2-3 bites is enough for me. But, you won't make me feel guilty for having a cookie, especially here at Christmas. YOU are one of those people that won't to talk down to people who slip. I refuse to do that. I'm human. I slipped. Glad you have not.

PJ, having a bad day?

It's OK; you can have your own opinions and follow your own path. But play nice. It's also OK for folks to disagree with you. And who has talked down to you? Geepers!

Anyway, I'm done. I've said my two cents worth. My point was this: If you step out of the box occasionally, you're only human and shouldn't beat yourself up for it. You will learn just as I'm learning. Yes, if you can stay away from the bad stuff, by all means do. And, don't think that drinking out of a straw or eating a piece of bread is going to do you in, it won't. It just means you have to step over that pitfall and move on. This being said, I've had 1 tiny piece of bread that had stuck to the cheese where I had attempted to peel it off a Breakfast sandwich. And, I do drink out of a straw, a lot actually. Mainly because it hurts my teeth not to. I have very sensitive teeth and a straw is the only way I can drink cold stuff.

AND, having a great day! Just weighed and I'm down 4 more pounds through the holidays. Happy girl here.

I'm a food addict.. So my surgeon doesn't encourage me to eat just a cookie or two.

But perhaps you don't have these issues?

I've been reading here a lot lately that many people don't have the issues with food (disordered eating) like I do.

Some just have 50 pounds they need to lose and this is the newest cutest way to lose very trendy.

They still eat the same way

"just tiny amounts, lol"

Not all of us are like that. This is a radical surgery that was the last stop before death for me.

I have had a cookie, shit last night I had a piece of see's candy..but eating one makes me want two or more..

So I ate it with caution not bravado.

As I said I'm a year out and not quite at goal yet. So these things are not really conducive to my weight loss.

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had a nice one that was not centered around food. Yay! I cooked for my family and ate what I was suppose to other than one piece of grand maw's fudge. I felt in control...which the sleeve has provided me for the first time in as long as I can remember. I am excited for the new year and new lease on life!! Best wishes to all my fellow sleevers!!

Discovering this real and painful addiction lives actively within me has been difficult. But Oh Well, these are the cards I am dealt, so deal with them I shall!

I'm a food addict.. So my surgeon doesn't encourage me to eat just a cookie or two.
But perhaps you don't have these issues?
I've been reading here a lot lately that many people don't have the issues with food (disordered eating) like I do.
Some just have 50 pounds they need to lose and this is the newest cutest way to lose very trendy.
They still eat the same way
"just tiny amounts, lol"
Not all of us are like that. This is a radical surgery that was the last stop before death for me.
I have had a cookie, **** last night I had a piece of see's candy..but eating one makes me want two or more..
So I ate it with caution not bravado.
As I said I'm a year out and not quite at goal yet. So these things are not really conducive to my weight loss.

I have a really good friend here. Long story short she and I really like each other but had different philosophies on the sleeve journey. Mine is a little strict hers was not..

She is past the three year mark and looking to get re-sleeved.

Moral of this story?

Please don't rely on the sleeve to stop you.

Failure or success is still very much in your hands.

The sleeve is a tool but can be defeated. The only doctor who had a sure cure for gaining weight was named...Kevorkian..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

Some of us have very serious and dangerous food addictions. Would you tell a recovering alcoholic it's ok to have an occasional drink and not to beat themselves up over it? Because that's what it's like for me. All it takes is just one slip up and it's like I fell off the wagon. I'm so happy for you that you don't have these issues, sincerely, but please don't judge those of us that do. For some of us that little slip of really can seem like the end of the world. Just saying. .. lol

I too will not bash anyone for doing them same thing that I an guilty of doing. I was bad to myself by eating a tiny bite of pink lemonade pie it was yuckkie I used to love it could eat most of it by myself. Where I could be in trouble is the tiger fudge, its not very rich and I have always loved it, I reconciled myself by saying it has Peanut Butter in it which is a form of Protein so it shouldnt hurt to eat it. Wrong wrong wrong!!! For me its not good if I could just take a small bite and call it a day maybe , but I want to eat a whole peice several times a day. I cant eat very much because my stomach wont let me its knowing its in there.

Oh my gosh, I could care less what you eat. Just responded to your post because I can!! And you are right. I don't talk down to people who slip, I just state the facts like so many others. Not sure why you are up for a debate......I don't think I stated that I have NOT slipped; but certainly NOT at two months. I had the surgery to lose weight, change my eating habits and learn how to have control over food, not eat Cookies at two months out..............I used my honeymoon phase to it's fullest and am now reaping the rewards. As I have said, I truly wish you the best!!

Know that having a positive attitude and not bashing others, has it's merits.

Let's see, you are also only 2 months out. You WILL be able to eat lots of chips,cookies, crackers, chocolate these are all slider foods. What is sad that you are even attempting to eat a cookie at 2 months out. You will see as time moves on...................good luck.

I am 5 months out, I accidentially drank from a straw and boy oh boy did it remind me not to do it again, I wad sick as a dog my stomach hurt utill I started to throw up after the third time I fianially started feeling better. No more straws for this girl not worth it. Does anyone else get cold easier than before the sleeve.