Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanna Rant About Spouses & How Clueless They Can be sometimes?

Like when it comes to gift-giving.

Or

What we should be eating.

Edited by HotButterFly

Like when it comes to gift-giving. Or What we should be eating.

Ummmm you mean like when you get a four slice toaster and an ice cream maker for Christmas?

hehehe... yep.

I got a box of chocolates from my 14 year old daughter. Really?

I looked at my husband (who took her shopping.) He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

Sigh.

I got a box of chocolates from my 14 year old daughter. Really?

I looked at my husband (who took her shopping.) He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

Sigh.

"Awwww, thank you sweetie", and give em away...

Were you there? They'll go with me to my next rehearsal. Fortunately I'm not much of a "box of chocolates" type of gal.

Now if she'd given me Pringles I would have been up a creek. :P

Rehersal? Whatcha rehersing for, Fluffs??

I'm a singer, Arts. I seem to perpetually be rehearsing.

As my father is fond of saying, "Well, if you don't know how to do it by now, I wouldn't bother even going."

I got a new pots and pans set and food processor(10cup one) from my dad, and a juicer from my fiancé and some transition clothes! I was impressed, and it's the first year I didn't know what my presents were or have to wrap them in idk how long. Lol

A pair of lime green and yellow exercise pants that are weirdly see-through. And tight beyond belief. This is not the body for form-fitting see-through pants!

LmAooooooo!!! I didn't expect to get so many laughs!!! Still, I think I got the WORSE one yet. My hubby is a WONDERFUL man, and I love him deeply.... But boy is he clueless!!! I'm not materialistic at ALL, but how is it I drop hints and flat out tell you what I want: a gym membership (which once I realized he wasn't getting it I got for myself), gift certificate for a massage & facial, OR hair extensions (a bit pricy, and I really want to get them for MYSELF when I start working), you come home with a jukebox O.O

Albeit, it was personalized. But I wonder if he got it for ME or himself. Ggggrrrrr.

LoL! I gotta laugh to not cry. Two years ago I asked for a bicycle for my birthday, I got an iPad.... I love my iPad and use it everyday, but I REALLY wanted a bike, since I'm the only one who doesn't have one in the family.

Edited by HotButterFly

I could rant about my husband all day but he did good this year. I got the fancy scale I wanted and a gift card for Ross. Perfect

LOL, HotButterFly. Mine came home a few weeks ago, telling me he wanted to get me a new TV and a TV stand with an electric fireplace built into the bottom for the living room (my domain.) I said, "But I don't want that." He replied, "It doesn't matter what you want." We laughed so hard we almost cried.

I got him the fireplace stand for the basement (his domain.) That was really what he wanted anyway.

Or from the husband of FORTY YEARS who knows I am one who loves receiving presents and hands me my "card" with money the DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS so that it "won't get lost" on Christmasday??? I give up.

I buy my own present, and the wife and daughters get me something small and personal. This year they gave me a toy giraffe for my desk (private joke). I do all the cooking in the family and when we first got married I told my wife that the first time I got kitchen appliances for my birthday or Christmas, that was the last meal I would ever cook. :)