Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

omg worst cravings..

I'm 5 post op..haven't cheated once..tonight all of the sudden I want to eattttt..weird things like cabbage and I keep seeing this damn taco bell commercial ...how can I curb the crazy cravings...right now I'm purely liquid..protien shakes 2x every hour and various sugar free liquids every 15 min..(as best I can) ..

Sorry..that should read protien shake 2 oz once an hour

Try to keep busy. I am 14 days post op and I feel like because I cant have those things it seems like every commercial is food....I will be glad when the holidays past and I can focus on my weight and not what I want to eat that I know I can not have. Hang in there, we got this.

I'm a week post op for the sleeve. The first few days I was fine. 2 days ago, I started craving black Beans. I'm starting to feel hungry. I am also extremely tempted to chew on something. My follow-up appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow. I think I also start Stage 2 of the diet plan. This is supposed to last 3 weeks. Any suggestions to curb cravings?

Oh yeah happened to me also. Protein protein protein. That is what really helps me stay on track. Days that I don't follow that uhh it gets sloppy.

Thanks OHHLALA. I'm still on Clear Liquids. No Protein until I start stage 2. Hopefully I can start tomorrow.

So far I've managed not to cheat..I don't have any actual hunger ..just the looks and scents of things have been very difficult to walk away from..my first post op appointment isn't til the 7th so I'm gonna do my absolute best to keep control..

i'm two months out, that was one of the hardest things to get used to - you still want foods, you just can't have them. the thing that helps me is that i have what i can and i don't have room for anything else. food network was calling my name when i got home from the hospital and it didn't help at all that i gave in and was glued to it. something that helped me was to look at recipes i could have a few weeks down the road - healthier options to foods that i liked. just keeping up on the liquids should help curb the cravings a bit - good luck!!

I'm 5 post op..haven't cheated once..tonight all of the sudden I want to eattttt..weird things like cabbage and I keep seeing this damn taco bell commercial ...how can I curb the crazy cravings...right now I'm purely liquid..protien shakes 2x every hour and various sugar free liquids every 15 min..(as best I can) ..

For the Taco Bell cravings stir some taco seasoning and some taco sauce (not salsa -- no lumps) into chicken broth!

Swanson also makes some flavor infused broths, including Mexican Tortilla.

I bought that Mexican tortilla broth....I thought it sounded really yummy but I almost lost it when I tasted...blehhhh...not for me...

<p>I bought that Mexican tortilla broth....I thought it sounded really yummy but I almost lost it when I tasted...blehhhh...not for me...</p>

Sorry, I actually bought it too but I never tried it. It's still in my cupboard.