Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everytime I go to the chat room, no one is in there. Does anyone go there? Is there a certain time to go there? Am I doing something wrong? Wassup with it?

Just wanted to add that I love this site, I have learned a whole lot. I know everyones information will really help when I finally get my band (which will hopefully be soon...ins.approved...waiting on the doc).

Desiree,

Sad to say the chat room didn't take off like thie forum. If there is someone you're interested in talking to just PM tham and make up a time to meet them in the room.

I hope once the site becomes more popular we'll start having weekly chat room meets.

Chris,

I'm going overseas for a week so I will not be able to participate ;-( .

I'm going to send out an email and let's see what happens.

Please let me know if the chat was successful or not.

I do not get home until 9:15 central time. I will get on as soon as I can. Thanks Alex, and good idea Chris.

Did the chat ever get started ?

Well Alex, I think I was too late getting home. When I signed on around 10:30 central time no one was in there. With the power outage in the eastern states, maybe some were unable to join last night. I would love to try again. Hopefully it will kick off. Thanks again for the reply.

I got on at about 8:10 CST and there ended up being at least 10 people in the chat room at a time!! It was VERY fun chatting with these folks! Some did mention the power outage, so I'm sure that kept some others from logging on. Hope we can set a time like that again. One suggestion......some of the topics became rather "non-band" and it made it a little tough to talk to others who were also there to discuss band topics. Maybe we could suggest trying to stick to band topics as much as possible to make the best use of our chat time??? Lots to talk about last night, tho, with the power outage, so I certainly understand!

Hope to find people on there again soon!!

I really enjoyed the chat last night. It gets a little hard to keep up when there are a bunch of people in there, but that's just an observation, not a complaint.

:Bunny

One thing that would be helpful is if we could keep the chat room window open separately from surfing. Then we could remain in the room until someone jumps in. But since that's not how it works ... how about everyone spreading the word at their other favorite Bandster sites? It would be good for people to know that a Bandster chat room is available. I think it's just too weird that nobody uses the room when chat rooms are so popular. So it seems to me that just not enough people know about it ... yet. I know Alex posted on the Bandster Yahoo groups before to announce this site ... but it's got to be done on a regular basis. Just like the big ANNOUNCEMENT boards that are posted that someone had surgery or there's a meeting scheduled ... seems the same needs to be done for LapBandTalk. Think so??? The chat room still has potential but it needs to be MARKETED! :)

Lori in Oregon

Dr. Rumbaut 07/09/03

http://www.cascadeaccess.com/~kbauer/Lori/lorilapband.html

Originally posted by lmtorb

I got on at about 8:10 CST and there ended up being at least 10 people in the chat room at a time!! It was VERY fun chatting with these folks! Some did mention the power outage, so I'm sure that kept some others from logging on. Hope we can set a time like that again. One suggestion......some of the topics became rather "non-band" and it made it a little tough to talk to others who were also there to discuss band topics. Maybe we could suggest trying to stick to band topics as much as possible to make the best use of our chat time??? Lots to talk about last night, tho, with the power outage, so I certainly understand!

Hope to find people on there again soon!!

I'm sooo excited ;-)

I think we should schedule a chat every week or every other week from now on at the same time. What do you guys/gals think ?

Originally posted by meswede

One thing that would be helpful is if we could keep the chat room window open separately from surfing. Then we could remain in the room until someone jumps in. But since that's not how it works ... how about everyone spreading the word at their other favorite Bandster sites? It would be good for people to know that a Bandster chat room is available. I think it's just too weird that nobody uses the room when chat rooms are so popular. So it seems to me that just not enough people know about it ... yet. I know Alex posted on the Bandster Yahoo groups before to announce this site ... but it's got to be done on a regular basis. Just like the big ANNOUNCEMENT boards that are posted that someone had surgery or there's a meeting scheduled ... seems the same needs to be done for LapBandTalk. Think so??? The chat room still has potential but it needs to be MARKETED! :)

Lori in Oregon

Dr. Rumbaut 07/09/03

http://www.cascadeaccess.com/~kbauer/Lori/lorilapband.html

Lori,

I posted at a few of the larger Yahoo groups. The more people hear about the site the more people we'll have in the chat rooms.

Hi there,

sorry to re-open an old thread... but I was wondering if you guys go into the chat room?

do you have a specific night?

Would be great to have a chat with like minded people.

Kindest Regards

Audrey x