Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goodbye last of the fat clothes

So I've been at goal for nearly two years and have all new clothes except my winter robe. It was kinda small on me at my heaviest weight and until this winter I hadn't noticed that it was way too big. I just wrapped it around me. Finally I noticed it was wrapping clear to my backside and asked hubby for a new one. We opened our presents a little early and it was kinda emotional taking off the last of my fat clothes and putting on my new robe in size small. The fabric is thinner too. I was shocked at how tiny I look in the robe compared to my old one.

So in case you are wondering, even a few years out, there are still some mental adjustments here and there. I feel really pretty in my new robe, but a little vulnerable without my extra padding. It's funny because when I look in the mirror while naked or in any other clothes, I don't feel small, just normal.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2014 at goal!

Lynda

Congrats on shedding that big comfy robe! I know how you feel about still having to make mental adjustments. Just yesterday I was doing laundry and had to make sure I put everything in the dryer on high because most of my newer clothes are getting big on me. What a foreign concept to me because a year ago everything had to be washed in cold and air dried because I couldnt afford for one thread to shrink. I am still amazed when I look at my pants that Im little enough to fit in the tiny pants! I usually think Im some kind of magician for fitting my mental fat @ss in those tiny pants but miraculously, they fit and look darn good :)

Congratulations, you look amazing!

Thanks for sticking around the site, have read your posts since being sleeved and on many occasions, your calm comments and insight have helped more than you may realise.

Merry Christmas and here's to a good new year x

Lynda,

Holding on to the old...I've done a great job of clearing out all my extra fat clothes, save for one pair of "big pants" :D

But I'm putting off clearing out my "kinda fat" clothes from the closet this I think is the hardest hurdle because well they are just a "little" big and "what if"? I hope to tackle them soon because I do not want any "what if's"....

I have the last pile of "what if" clothes on my closet floor. Just need to bag them up. Plus a whole bunch of ties for men with fat necks....or really long torsos. Too long for my neck now.

I have a closet full of "smaller" "after WLS" clothes that I keep hanging on to thinking "what if?" :(

I realized this week I have not found ONE THING in that closet I can wear now so it's ALL going to resale.

Lynda, I know what you mean. We still have those images in our brains that program how we continue to think and "see" ourselves. Everytime I pull out these clothes and hold them up I think, "there is no way that fits!" Only to find sometimes it's too big! That's a good thing!!!

Enjoy your new robe!!!!!!!

Since April, I have chucked out 24 bin bags of clothes. I did it as I went and just haven't stopped to think - if it didn't fit any more, out it went. I have dropped 6 sizes, now a UK 10/12 and for the first time in my life I have a wardrobe full of clothes that fit. None for the future, none from the past. Pretty cathartic and strangely calming lol!

Cloths! How I LOVE cloths! (Sung to the tune of "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver.) But I digress, i just took four large trash bags of my old cloths to the Purple Heart donation site. But I first pulled out one pair of my old pants and hung them back up in my closet. I am always fearful that I will re-gain all the weight I've lost, particularly now that I'm 9 months post-op and can eat more. But I also wanted to compare them to my new pants that I just bought. I need a new robe too. I'm still wearing my size 3X robe which I can't wrap any tighter and is hanging off me but my hubby wouldn't have a clue what to buy for me so I'll look for one after Christmas.

I currently have about 4 pairs of pants, 2 skirts, 3 dresses and about 10 tops in my double door huge bedroom closet. There is something so freeing about knowing I can reach in, grab anything and it will fit me and look pretty good on. I have saved myself a ton of time not thinking about "what will I wear today" and having a range of sizes from an 8 to 20. I think this is one of the best perks of loosing this weight.

I've got a closet full of clothes that could double as hospital gowns at this point after dropping almost 100 pounds in 2013. My sister, who is visiting for Christmas, is making me get rid of them. I haven't kept them for any reason other than just being lazy about getting rid of them. I'm expecting to be shocked by how few things I have that fit. I've already finally gotten around to buying new clothes and I've got a long way to go to replacing my closet of clothes. I hate clothes shopping though. But, it's a good problem to have.

Congrats on the new robe! Thats a great story. I still have my giant robe, and kind of like it large and fluffy, but I also have a slinky satin robe that fits like a glove. Thats the one I wear when I don't intend on wearing it very long!

Thanks all! Home from a family Christmas visit, wearing the new robe and looking for what to do next now that Christmas Crazy is over.

Lynda

Oops vets forum

Edited by gamergirl

Congrats on that new robe. I also have my 3x robe....and a new one.....but need to get rid of that big one. Yesterday I cleaned out 3 bags of intermediate weight loss clothes. It's my third time doing it, and I really don't think about most of it. Funny though, I hung onto a few of my old huge sweat suits. I never wore them out of the house, just lounged in them. They are huge, worn, and ugly....yet I love them, lol! I have to hold the pants up or they fall off. That's just a sickness that I kept them, haha! In fact, I'm going right now to get rid of them :)