Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2013 Bandsters Check In

Good to hear from you Smpin and Forward! I agree this is hard. My doctor says I will be on the same diet forever. Not quite sure I agree with him.

First 2 weeks after fill: non carbonated diet beverages, two Protein shakes per day

Second 2 weeks after fill: Same as above, plus 3 60 cc Soup meals per day

Third 2 weeks after fill: beverages, 2 Protein shakes and three soft meals per day 60 cc per meal.

Forth 2 weeks after fill: beverages, 2 Protein Shakes and 3 Proteins per day, 60 cc per meal.

Repeat after next fill...Thats IT. Maybe it will change after my fills are complete?

The not losing alot after first fill is my fault.

This time I am doing better, but only into week 1 after my 2nd fill.

I did try a yoga class last week and I am getting in more exercise this time.

Hi all november banders

I was banded on nov 6 ,2013 i am doing good lost 50 pounds since pre op diet , I fall on ice two weeks ago and i stop going to the gym until my doctor see the mri results, I drop 3 sizes so far keeping track of my calories intake , I did not have a fill yet because I have 4 cc during surgery, I drink plenty of Water, no soda, rice, bread for me, next appointment is on may.

Hi there Yadiordz, I hope you are feeling better after that fall and that the MRI is clear. What a winter this has been! So icy here also. Let us know how you are doing!

I am at 215 this morning, a number I have seen before but now I am visualizing 211 on that scale -- can't be long now. I have increased my workouts. Really trying to step it up for March. I have had 5-6 fills (lost count!) -- no primer in my band so started from scratch. I am feeling a good dimming of the appetite and happy to be at peace with hunger. I do have "head hunger" in the evenings when I am used to snacking a great deal, but I am working through that bit by bit. I am down one third of the weight that I want to lose. I'd like to lose that second third by summer.

Hope every one is doing well!

Hi there Yadiordz, I hope you are feeling better after that fall and that the MRI is clear. What a winter this has been! So icy here also. Let us know how you are doing!

I am at 215 this morning, a number I have seen before but now I am visualizing 211 on that scale -- can't be long now. I have increased my workouts. Really trying to step it up for March. I have had 5-6 fills (lost count!) -- no primer in my band so started from scratch. I am feeling a good dimming of the appetite and happy to be at peace with hunger. I do have "head hunger" in the evenings when I am used to snacking a great deal, but I am working through that bit by bit. I am down one third of the weight that I want to lose. I'd like to lose that second third by summer.

Hope every one is doing well!

Hi there my friend, I am sure 211 in the scale will show up soon , you are doing great with you exercise , I wish I can say the same I still out from my job it is hard to be home around food but I really control myself because I want to go forward not backwards, on february 7, I was at 217 in the doctor office I did not weight after that my scale needs new batteries I am hoping still like that or less, I can't wait to summer for all of us share pictures!!!!

So as of today I have lost 90 lbs I had my surgery Nov 19. I have a problem even though I have lost alot I'm still very self conscious

Hi Nov band-mates, I am still here, trying to stay encouraged. Have lost 59 pounds since I started this journey,that includes my 2 wk pre-op loss. I read at this general site a lot at first but had to stop because everyone seemed to lose like 60lbs in 4 months,for example, and that made me too depressed since I couldn't lose that fast. I am 63 yrs old with 2 knee replacements. I will be the first to say I hate exercise and do it sporadically but also know that when I am walking,biking and swimming on a regular basis,I lose much better. I have many NSVs and am happy with what I have lost, just want to get in high gear and do better. Mt dr is not unhappy with my loss,he is very conservative with fills and I like him a lot. Glad to find this thread and will be coming here more often. Have a good day !

So how are my November bandsters doing? We are almost at our one year surgaversary!!!! How did that happen so quickly?? I would love to hear how everyone is doing??

Hi @ smpin1176 I can't believe it's almost a year since I made the decision to get banded. My exact bandanniversary will be the 18th of this month. I'm so happy of the decision I made a year ago, I feel much better and I look much better too!!

I had my ups and downs, stalls in between but a lot was self induced, I enjoyed my summer and then it was hard to get back on track, specially when you and others can see the changes, therefore you can start thinking that you look good enough. But I know I have a way to go, 35 pounds to be exact. I don't know when I will get there but I know it will take place. In the mean time I want to commit to small goals, which includes to stay consistent when it comes to excercise and I would love to be at least 179.9 on the 18th . So let's see what happen!

Hi November bandsters, I am still here also, My bandster anniversary is Nov 18th 2014, I have the large band and have still not reached the green zone. I had lost 50pd but since I have gained about 5 back.

I am very proud of all you.

Hi to all november 2013 banders!!

I am still here also, feeling good and enjoying this new life :))

Tomorrow is my anniversary, best decision I've ever make, happy anniversary BANDISTA today is your one year, hoping you the best!!

Happy Bandiversary to all that was banned with me on November 18th 2013. :D

Edited by forwardlooking

Happy Bandiversary to all that was banned with me on November 18th 2013. :D

Happy Bandiversary to us!!