Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a newbie, I had my surgery November 22nd. Im trying to figure out what I can eat that is band friendly, what do you eat, your daily menu?

Everyone is different when it comes to what they can or can't eat. I am an anomaly in that I have no Fluid in my band and that allows me to eat anything. What I do and have done in order to be compliant is to eat band sized portions and for me, that consists of basically a weight watchers type of meal program. Three ounces Protein, 1/2 cup of veggies and 1/4 cup of carbs and I look to stay at no more than 1,100 calories daily. I don't know that it will work for you, but it works for me. I also eat alot of fish. That's a very band friendly Protein. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

lots of Protein. stick to that at first. i gather you haven't had a fill yet. so it is important that you learn now that your pouch only holds about a cup of food. 4 oz of that cup s/bproteins, and than vegetables. keep to that cup of food whether you are feeling full or not. this is a great time to learn how. dark chicken and fish are 2 good Protein choices for banders. eggs are another. good luck and remember chew chew chew and take really small bites. get a saucer out and use it to measure your food.

What do I eat??? the answer is VERY LITTLE.....

Having said that, since I am limited how much I can eat, I am sure to make the best of it by choosing the best foods I can....since the band is limiting the size of my portions, and how much I can actually eat at a single sitting, I'm not going to blow it on mashed potatoes for example....I'll always start with something high Protein first...then work my way down if the band will let me eat get there......

You use the term "Band Friendly" yet you are just starting out, and have no restriction yet, I assume....

To me, band Friendly are foods that are easy to eat once your band is adjusted....for instance, I do not eat Pasta, breads, rice or red meats....these are foods that do not pass very easily, no matter how well I chew, and have a high risk of getting stuck...so they are not band friendly and I choose not to eat them....

Fish and tender chicken are band Friendly foods for me...as an example...then again, so is ice cream..passes very easily....

i eat whatever i want to... i am not on a diet

band friendly to me is anything.....i take small bites, chew alot and have had no issues what so ever......i def eat Protein first (lean meats) veggies and fruit...my tastes went from drooling over boxed/high fat/high calorie crap foods to now me salivating over a bowl of grapes i have in the fridge here at work.....

so eat what you want, in your allotted band size portions your dr advised you..and remember, no matter what WLS one has, if one takes in more calories than one burns off, they will gain weight (3500 calories is a pound ate or drank).......

all the best

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠
spelling issues....GEESH

I eat very little breads, rice, Pasta. They, for me, are not band friendly. I have had a couple sandwiches since lapband, they are not good for me or my band! Others have given you their menu, I have nothing to add. Best wishes, Karen..aka.kll724

I'd like some suggestions of foods so I don't get bored with the same thing. I just got some roasted chicken, and some frozen cod fillets. sugar free Popscicles for my sweet tooth. Light Yogurt, Apple juice.

Im sorry I have had a fill, im at 2.5ccs and I go back on the 2nd and he is going to put Me at 4cc's. Im just trying to figure out ideas for Breakfast lunch and dinner because the same stuff all the time is getting old. Im burning out on the same stuff so im trying to figure out different things that you all might eat.

Im sorry I have had a fill, im at 2.5ccs and I go back on the 2nd and he is going to put Me at 4cc's. Im just trying to figure out ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner because the same stuff all the time is getting old. Im burning out on the same stuff so im trying to figure out different things that you all might eat.

eat what you want/like (make healthier choices)

and enjoy food....is how i see to answer this

life is to short to deprive ourselves of what we want

mindful of the cal vs output and its all good

Chili works well for me -- I like ground turkey and black bean chili with a little grated cheddar. Broiled fish, smoked salmon, tuna. chicken thighs cooked with veggies. eggs. Greek yogurt, of course, homemade applesauce. Prunes. Lentil Soup. Almonds -- I eat four only and chew each of them a long time. Very satisfying. I have Protein Shakes and vars but haven't quite figured out whether these are part of my daily routine or just a once in a while thing. Have some bars in the glove compartment just in case but really I don't have any food emergencies as I'm not that hungry and can just wait.

So basically its not a diet but the trick is to eat Proteins first then fruit and veggies then carbs last? I guess because I can basically eat what I was eating before I feel like it isn't going to work, this is more difficult mentally than what I thought.

So basically its not a diet but the trick is to eat Proteins first then fruit and veggies then carbs last? I guess because I can basically eat what I was eating before I feel like it isn't going to work, this is more difficult mentally than what I thought.

True...but you're going to much less......I never get to the carbs, let alone the fruits and veggies.....

True...but you're going to much less......I never get to the carbs, let alone the fruits and veggies.....

Right, well right now im only at 2.5cc's so im staying pretty hungry. The doc said I will be a lot less hungry when he fills me again.

I haven't had a fill yet. My choices could be better at times, but even unfilled, I don't eat a big quantity. At all. In the cafeteria at work they have a hard time knowing what to charge me lol. I usually get a piece of baked chicken, a scoop of a vegetable and a small small scoop of something carby or sweet. If I want it. Honestly, it's more like half a spoon worth. In 2014, with my fill, I want to take my own lunch more, go back to exercising ( have started that lightly again ) , make even better choices, and get to my goal :) I have lost maybe three pounds since surgery, but I have looked at this time as healing and learning, so I'm happy :). I hope that's the right attitude :)

I haven't had a fill yet. My choices could be better at times, but even unfilled, I don't eat a big quantity. At all. In the cafeteria at work they have a hard time knowing what to charge me lol. I usually get a piece of baked chicken, a scoop of a vegetable and a small small scoop of something carby or sweet. If I want it. Honestly, it's more like half a spoon worth. In 2014, with my fill, I want to take my own lunch more, go back to exercising ( have started that lightly again ) , make even better choices, and get to my goal :) I have lost maybe three pounds since surgery, but I have looked at this time as healing and learning, so I'm happy :). I hope that's the right attitude :)

Yea after surgery thats all my surgeon wanted me to do is heal, he said he didn't care if I gained a few pounds which I didn't but I only lost 3 before my first fill. But I have lost a total of 55 pounds. 32 on my own like 2 1/2 months before I knew I was gonna have surgery, 18 on my pre op diet and 5 since surgery. I also only ate a little but after about 2 weeks post optimarket I started getting hungry more often. Even now I only eat a little but im hungry in about 3 hrs. Good luck! When was your surgery?