Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me please with a few questions!

1). I'm getting ZERO Protein in. I was sleeved on 12/18. The first night home was horrible. I had the runs which I found was caused my the Protein I was drinking. So my question is what are some good protein powders that don't smell and no taste that I can put in anything.

2). What is dumping syndrome and what happens to your body when it happens.

Hi Simpley_Ke, I am still pre-op so I don't know if I can help too much. I wanted to send you hugs. From all the research I've done and the folks I've chatted with, maybe its too early to force the Protein. Concentrate on getting the Water down these first few days so you don't get dehydrated. You may need some G2 Gatorade, that will add some fluids and electrolites. If you have the runs, give your tummy a rest... don't force that Protein. I know some of the post sleevers will weigh in but I wish you lots of luck.

This is your 5th day post-op, right? Don't try to run before you can walk! I was still on Clear liquids then with not a thought of Protein in my head. scale back a bit, focus on keeping your fluids up and let your swollen tummy heal.

Dumping syndrome - to me at least - is a shakey and nauseous feeling that comes from eating certain sweet tasting foods - choc Protein shakes do it to me every time, but so far nothing else has.

I'm sure you can get "natural" or unflavoured Protein powder to add to Soups and shakes, but I'd leave that for a week and focus on clear Soups for now.

Good luck.

Try to get the electrolyte Water in. Call your Nut and physician tomorrow to help you with this. Diarrhea can cause a drop in your electrolytes like your potassium level which could eventually need replacing if it continues. and Dehydration could occur as well. don't hesitate to contact them, because some people have had to get IV s after surgery for dehydration.

Wishing to feel better.

if the Protein Shakes are making you sick, you could be having trouble with the lactose in them. Try taking lactaid chewable pills or put a couple of drops into your shake as you drink it and maybe see if that helps with the runs and nausea.

I'm still on the preop side and don't know much about this issue, but I WAS wondering what happened to you! Glad to see that you made it to the loser's bench! And hey...you made it through that horrible preop diet, which is such an inspiration for me! Everything is going to work out just fine. I agree with the vets here...you don't want to get dehydrated, so maybe focusing on fluids first is the best way to go for now.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing! :)

I had my surgery on 9/12/2013 and also cannot tolerate Protein shakes (of ANY kind - I have tried everything, including unjury unflavored). The only thing that has worked for me is fat-free milk powder. The Protein content is not as high but at least it allows me to get some protein in. Thankfully my body has no issue with lactose. I also try to supplement it with meats pureed in my Soups.< /p>

Hi there!

First off, let me reassure you that you made a huge step forward to becoming a new healthier you.

Ok, so your surgery was 4/5 days ago. At this point you really shouldn't even be very concerned with Protein. Hydration is key right now. Do all you can yo get to +- 64 oz/day of hydration. Once you accomplish that goal then start working In Proteins as you can tolerate it.

Remember, everybody is different. Don't compare your ability to consume to others. You will progress through your dietary steps at whatever pace your body allows (just not faster than doctors recommendations). You are going to love the new you. :)

Hi! I was sleeved on Dec 9th. My main focus on day 5 was staying hydrated. I found propel zero and it helped a lot. Also found out I am allergic to whey Protein so I use egg white Protein Powder. They do have an unflavored one but I couldn't find it at my Vitamin Shoppe. I also have an unflavored rice protein which I plan on adding to my food when I go to puréed stage. Hope some of this helps and u get better.

I was sleeved on dec 17..so im one day ahead..I have been sipping g2 or propel to keep electrlytes in me..my only source of Protein is in yogurt and shakes...just focus on the fluids more than anything..my blood sugar a little low last 2 mornings but when we r able to eat solid food this will help..I also had diarrea ..lots of changes and body doesnt have muxh food in it..hope u r better ( :