Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Revisions: Get in touch!

Hi, I just recently joined and was hoping to find some other people who also had Band to Sleeve revision around the same time I did. I had my lap band in 2010 and had all the usual complications. On December 20th 2013 I had the band removed and the sleeve done all in the same procedure. I was hoping to find some others to keep in touch and provide each other support throughout the stages! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi Becca and welcome to Bariatric Pal,

Congratulations on your surgery.

Here is the url for the December sleever forum.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/679-december-2013-sleevers/

and two threads

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/266150-december-sleevers/

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/289778-december-2013-sleevers-this-is-our-month-are-yall-ready/page-17#entry3289359

I am not sure how many people in this group are revision patients.

I am a band to sleeve revision in one procedure. I had my surgery on 10/25/13.

I got my band in 2007, had it out in 4/13, and got my sleeve 12/9/13. The doctor couldn't do it in the same procedure because of inflammation from the band slip. I already know I like the sleeve much better than the band. I started at 307, lost and kept off to 256 with the band, got to 240 pre-surgery, and am at 222 now. Glad to share the journey with you and others.

GREAT JOB Idlewood4!!

WOW you've done amazing! 84 lbs!

I had got my band 2005 same sort of complications...and am scheduled for the removal of band and changing to the Sleeve 12/31/13

I am so excited! Thanks for your remarks! :)

Edited by DebbieRenee

Hi, I just recently joined and was hoping to find some other people who also had Band to Sleeve revision around the same time I did. I had my lap band in 2010 and had all the usual complications. On December 20th 2013 I had the band removed and the sleeve done all in the same procedure. I was hoping to find some others to keep in touch and provide each other support throughout the stages! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

I had my reversion from band to sleeve on Dec 18, 2013. I healing fine. I have a sore throat.

Hi! I had my band in 2003 and fought with it for years until it broke. I have a leak in the system somewhere so it will not hold saline. I've been completely unfilled since 2008. I'm getting my sleeve on 12/30/13 so in four days!! Sooo excited! But I hope I'm making the right choice. I still can tell the surgeon I want a bypass....

I can't speak to the bypass, and have only had the sleeve for 2 weeks, and I love it. What ever you decide will be a good decision. My band hadn't been filled for a while either, kept having port problems. I got to 256 pounds with the band, the latest loss is the preop and post sleeve. I feel great! Best of luck to you, and keep in touch!

I'm a December revision too, let's stay in touch! Happy Holidays.

I was sleeved on Dec4th 2013, I was banded August of 2005.. i puked every time i ate or swallowed wrong when drinking.. for year and years .. then 5 years later there wasnt any restriction what so ever..I went to my surgeons offic eadn the y checked it .. there was no Fluid in the band and the port had busted (cracked).. so i started the process to go to RNY Sept 2012, i ended up loosing 86 lbs on my own and my surgeon suggested doing the sleeve because i was am a big guy at that point i was 583 started at 669.. so after having the sleeve done I have lost 47lbs totaling 133 lbs i love my sleeve and how well it is helping me in my weight loss journey...

Congrats Musicman sounds like u are doing awesome!! I can't wait to join you!

Gigi- did u already do your sleeve?

I'm having mine done on Monday in Laredo which is 7 hours away from where I live. It's gonna be a really long drive down there and back. I'm sure it's going to be a pretty uncomfortable ride. But I hope it's worth it.

Had my band in 2/16/2012 and had it removed on 8/2/2013 due to bans slippage and a hital hernia lost 70lbs had my revison 12/26/2013. This has been the worst surgery out ofcall 3 of them.Had so much pain when I came out of surgery and still having pain except now my pain is tolarable!

I'm having band to sleeve surgery on Dec 30, 2013. Hoping to defeat the hunger hormones.

WombatVSG, the hunger really does go away as long as you keep sipping on your Water and Protein drinks... I am 3.5 week post and as long as i don't stop drinking for more than 30 minutes i never feel hungry.. now when i feel hungry it because i am hungry and the 2-4 tbs fills me up if it is pureed like canned chicken w. fat free mayo. and i stay full for hours... but i do keep sipping even when full from the food... good luck it is amazing for sure..

Erica216, I hope you start feeling better soon... I was lucky and didn't have any pain like you mentioned..

Both feel free to ad me as a friend. and keep us posted on your journeys.. :D

I've just learned about my bar bariatric pal and have to learn navigation and "how to's" on here but I had band to sleeve conversion on 12/18/13 and want to be a part of this thread.

Ooooo sign me up please. I was banded in 2004 will be sleeved Jan 17th 2014/